Samsung Note 4 Gapgate

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The Gappening.

Anyway, kinda funny to see the rabbit with the gun now. Of course no one will care about this since nobody lined up for the Note 4.

I find it funny though that Samsung started pushing these out for earlier releases in some places because of how they crapped their pants about the 6 Plus being so wanted.

I love "The Gappening". ROTFL.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Manufacturing any product will have certain characteristics. In Apple's case, making a svelte beautiful thin phone, you are going to lose a bit of strength. These are top notch phones that shouldn't be in the hand of giant google glass wearing people with no sense or some attention seeking Canadian with a internal scientific bending measurer. Samsung is making millions of phones cheaply, so you will see gaps. Someone who manufactures squares will have trouble being circles. Its just how it is and we need to get over it. Apple takes the most hits because they are the industry leader and everyone knows it. Its been over a week since the iPhone was released and there are still lines at my apple store. The Galaxy alpha was released as a iPhone 6 killer and my att store has sold a total of 4.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Maybe they'll install a toothpick on the opposite side of the S-pen in order to scrape the gunk out of the gap... That would drive my OCD with phones absolutely nuts!

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the video. Like my Note 3, there is a very narrow gap on the same side, kind of annoying. You need to be ocd or really need to look closely to noticed. Interestingly, the phone continues to work fine, no water damage or dust accumulation. However, from an aesthetic point of view, not good. Glad to hear Samsung acknowledges it, and will attempt to address it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It just goes to show that when you try to pump out millions of devices using human beings and man-made machines, mistakes can happen.

Only difference here is that you won't see Apple send out tweets or make a commercial about it.

Stay classy Samsung

Galaxy Note 4 screen separation issue reported in South Korea | BGR

Apparently it is supposed to be that way according to the manual Galaxy Note 4 screen gap 'a necessary manufacturing feature,' says manual | Android Central

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I had zero issues with either the Note 2 or 3 when I used them aside from my preference for iOS. But I'm not going to lie and say I don't in the least find this amusing when Samsung almost tripped over themselves because they couldn't rip Apple fast enough.

If your product is as good as you say, you don't need to focus the majority of your marketing on ripping your competitor and its users.

VERY well said.

Karma is a ***** however this could have happened to anybody especially since we are using, basically, slaves to make these phones. Apple people, stay classy and don't stoop to the level the other platforms do. Inform that there might be a possible manufacturing defect and to check before taking it home.

Last edited:

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Nobody lined up? Its not slated to launch until mid-October (US)

But it already went on sale in South Korea and they only had 30,000. All of them did sell out. But 30,000 is a tiny tiny number compared to how many iPhone 6 plus's sold the first few days. Also, SK is samaung' home country... So yeah. Samsung hasn't made a lineup worthy device in a long time. The GS5 didn't create lines at all.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
The S5 is one of poorest performing (sales wise) devices of the year, and no doubt the Note 4 and Edge will do just as bad. Samsung is beginning to hemorrhage money, and is performing incredibly poorly the past couple of quarters

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The S5 is one of poorest performing (sales wise) devices of the year, and no doubt the Note 4 and Edge will do just as bad. Samsung is beginning to hemorrhage money, and is performing incredibly poorly the past couple of quarters

They make crappy devices, with thrown on "features" that people disable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73