Negative perception of Apple.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I liked it too! I still can't believe people were offended by it. I get that some people don't like the music, but then just don't listen to it.

Oh woman the whole "they VIOLATED my RIGHTS!!!!!!!!" drama was just side splitting to read. I've never seen so many drama queens in my life.:rotfl:

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
5 years ago I cursed Bono, 'If I ever listen to this music again, may God strike me bald!', so can understand why some are very upset.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't turning this into a contest. Was simply stating that I've not come across the issues she stated. Yes there have been issues as reported on Crackberry, there are also many issues reported about the latest iPhones and software too but does this mean every iPhone user has a bendy phone that has been turned into an iPod due to loss of cellular network? No! But these issues are legit too. Apple is not exempt from issues either you know! As much as you want to believe, Apple is far from perfect.There are good and bad points to EVERY phone. However, I find that BlackBerry does best what I need to do.
As for cloud services, I simply do not trust. I can access any files on my desktop from anywhere, easily and securely, and can save these directly to my 128gb SD card (yes Blackberry has this feature), so no need for cloud services here.
Anyhow, I never came here to bash Apple or its users. Each to their own. Good luck to all of you, no matter what your phone of choice is. Great to see so many fantastic devices from ALL platforms giving us users a real choice what is best for us!!!

Look champ, you gotta understand that outside the Crackberry world, phones aren't a religion. People have legitimate gripes with all different phones. Problem for Blackberry is that there are a lot more gripes and shortcomings with their offerings. You're acting like you're trying to defend a child or family member here. Newsflash: it's just a phone! And you're on a site where most users generally don't agree with your Blackberry POV. Get over it, you're not going to "convert" anyone to your cause here.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Look champ, you gotta understand that outside the Crackberry world, phones aren't a religion. People have legitimate gripes with all different phones. Problem for Blackberry is that there are a lot more gripes and shortcomings with their offerings. You're acting like you're trying to defend a child or family member here. Newsflash: it's just a phone! And you're on a site where most users generally don't agree with your Blackberry POV. Get over it, you're not going to "convert" anyone to your cause here.

Don't think they know anything about the world outside of Crackberry... Kinda like how the North Korean people don't really know anything about the outside world.

Last edited:

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I would rather take direct-to-phone updates rather than having to go through the carrier even if the carrier does screen these issues. I've gone through way too many phones that I needed to wait for much needed features introduced in an update that had yet to be tested by the carrier to want that ever again. We are very lucky to have this and these people are laughing out of jealousy that they have to wait 6 months - 1 year(depending on phone model and popularity) to get their updates, if they are lucky to get them at all.

Bendgate? A bunch of <blank> not treating their electronics with the care and respect they should given the cost of such devices. I have no sympathy for their screw ups. If you want an indestructible phone, get an old Nokia and knock yourself out playing Snake. I honestly do not have any patience for those that are so jealous of Apple either and attack any way they can because they are so insecure. Not everyone likes the same things you do, people; get that through your biased brain. Google or Samsung isn't some benevolent being and Apple isn't the anti-christ. They are all corporations trying to take your money. In all honesty, which company do you think bends over backwards more for their customers?

Don't want the U2 Album? Get it off your device. I've honestly never heard people whine and complain because a company gave them a free $15 dollar music album before. Who knew in this age of entitlement they would complain?

As for live-stream? Take that up to the company that was broadcasting it, not Apple who contracted with them.

People act like they've never seen a DNS attack. The servers were slammed by the horde. Millions of people pinged the website all at once. This happens with any server system but of course people threw a fit and wanted it NOW. They can't seem to understand what goes on in the background. I'm sure every other company(along with their users) would give their left <blank> to have the demand Apple gets and would see it as great news but because it didn't happen to their brand, they are jealous and bash.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Don't think they know anything about the world outside of Crackberry... Kinda like how the North Korean people don't really know anything about the outside world.

OMG, I thought I was the only one who thought CrackBerry was like North Korea. The parallels are striking aren't they?

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I would rather take direct-to-phone updates rather than having to go through the carrier even if the carrier does screen these issues. I've gone through way too many phones that I needed to wait for much needed features introduced in an update that had yet to be tested by the carrier to want that ever again. We are very lucky to have this and these people are laughing out of jealousy that they have to wait 6 months - 1 year(depending on phone model and popularity) to get their updates, if they are lucky to get them at all.

Bendgate? A bunch of <blank> not treating their electronics with the care and respect they should given the cost of such devices. I have no sympathy for their screw ups. If you want an indestructible phone, get an old Nokia and knock yourself out playing Snake. I honestly do not have any patience for those that are so jealous of Apple either and attack any way they can because they are so insecure. Not everyone likes the same things you do, people; get that through your biased brain. Google or Samsung isn't some benevolent being and Apple isn't the anti-christ. They are all corporations trying to take your money. In all honesty, which company do you think bends over backwards more for their customers?

Don't want the U2 Album? Get it off your device. I've honestly never heard people whine and complain because a company gave them a free $15 dollar music album before. Who knew in this age of entitlement they would complain?

As for live-stream? Take that up to the company that was broadcasting it, not Apple who contracted with them.

People act like they've never seen a DNS attack. The servers were slammed by the horde. Millions of people pinged the website all at once. This happens with any server system but of course people threw a fit and wanted it NOW. They can't seem to understand what goes on in the background. I'm sure every other company(along with their users) would give their left <blank> to have the demand Apple gets and would see it as great news but because it didn't happen to their brand, they are jealous and bash.

AMEN, DAMN IT! Well said.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
As for the Playbook, I agree in part. Yes they did abandon it, but I believe it was the stepping stone to the current OS, BB10. I still use my Playbook daily, and in some ways believe it is as good if not better than my iPad.

The reason why the Playbook was abandoned was because RIM (at the time) didn't even want to make a tablet. They were more interested and working on that computer-like device that you could tether your blackberry to and basically have a bigger display and keyboard to work with. When the iPad was announced, they scrapped it and started scrambling with getting a tablet out because they were scared as hell about it. They ended up trailing even more to Apple than they had already been trailing.

In some ways it may have been better than an iPad. But just to further my point about what a scramble and desperation move the Playbook was; the thing didn't even have a native email client. The company that brought you Blackberries (Blackberry's?) didn't have a native email client for their tablet!

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My issues with Apple lately are that they seem rather hipocrytical. Like with that recent Tod bit from Jony I've talking about how mad he is about xiaomi copying Apple's style. I'm sorry, but Apple has copied a ton of stuff from poo others over the years, you don't get to be mad when someone then does it to you.

jonnaver

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
There aren't "too many issues"...there are the same type of "issues" there always are when new devices come out, and the media/online communities/blogs are going ape sh*t about it and it's spreading like wild fire. Apple changed the iPhone dramatically this time around, so there's more attention again...and guess what? With more attention comes more attention on these issues.

Livestream fail? Blame the 3rd party company who was doing the actual international stream...if you paid attention during the issues, there were up signal lock screens showing information about the company providing streaming services...Apple wasn't doing this themselves, they simply gave permission for it to be done).

Miscalculated U2 ploy? It was only a ploy to those uninterested in the album...I have no proof of it, but I'd guess a majority of people either didn't care at all or were stoked to get a free album from a legendary band (that I personally cannot stand, lol!)

Pre-Order blunders? By 'blunders', do you mean people who didn't get their pre-order in on time and had to wait for their device? Because that's not a blunder, and from personal experience, the pre-order went just fine (all things considered when 4 million people were going after the same thing at the same time...ever seen Walmart on Black Friday? Yeah...this aint a cake walk we're talking here. Apple did just fine...just look at the number shipped/sold on release day.

Bendgate? Give me a break. A literal drip in the ocean in terms of % of people having trouble with a bending device. And Apple, because of their strive to maintain customer satisfaction, immediately gave them replacement devices...most companies in the world would have told them to hit a treadmill and stop eating twinkies.

iOS 8.0.1? This is the only one I can give you a pass on...the release of this firmware update in the state it was in was either an accidental release, or a complete blunder on their part...either way, they snapped it back before too much damage was done.

...so 1 out of 5 were legitimate complaints. Color me surprised.
None of what you think matters. Public mood is what matters. You're just a geek like me on a smartphone forum. Tech companies live and die outside of what you and I think. Samsung took a massive hit this year for failing to realize that everyone else was getting sick of their non premium feeling hardware shortcuts and awful touchwiz. They pushed their luck too far so It was bound to happen. Karma is a b*tch as the saying goes.
Apple thought that they could be forgiven and depend on the branding cult forever too and are yet another victim of their own hubris. You guys didn't seriously think that Apple and Samsung were going to be the top contenders forever and ever amen did you? Lol. That's not how the tech industry works.

Lots of people seem to forget these leaders have only held their positions for a few short years and that the companies they overtook were there for just as short a time. Give it a few more years and crackberry will disappear off of the list of Mobile Nations set of mobile sites just like WebOS did, Windows Phone will fill in as the next in line to be the new crackberry, and iMore will be the next Windows Phone Central.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
None of what you think matters. Public mood is what matters. You're just a geek like me on a smartphone forum. Tech companies live and die outside of what you and I think. Samsung took a massive hit this year for failing to realize that everyone else was getting sick of their non premium feeling hardware shortcuts and awful touchwiz. They pushed their luck too far so It was bound to happen. Karma is a b*tch as the saying goes.
Apple thought that they could be forgiven and depend on the branding cult forever too and are yet another victim of their own hubris. You guys didn't seriously think that Apple and Samsung were going to be the top contenders forever and ever amen did you? Lol. That's not how the tech industry works.

Lots of people seem to forget these leaders have only held their positions for a few short years and that the companies they overtook were there for just as short a time. Give it a few more years and crackberry will disappear off of the list of Mobile Nations set of mobile sites just like WebOS did, Windows Phone will fill in as the next in line to be the new crackberry, and iMore will be the next Windows Phone Central.

I'm curious as to who you think is going to come in and sink Apple or Samsung to Windows phone status... Or even worse blackberry. Not in a stand off kind of way I'm legitimately curious as to who you think has that kind of power in the tech world to overturn the two biggest Giants right now.?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well he is right. Nobody stays on top forever. Really who thought that Apple would reinvent the phone in 2007? Apple was a much smaller company in terms of products. And look at it now....the iPhone and the iPad reinvented those markets.
But everything is cyclical.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Well he is right. Nobody stays on top forever. Really who thought that Apple would reinvent the phone in 2007? Apple was a much smaller company in terms of products. And look at it now....the iPhone and the iPad reinvented those markets.
But everything is cyclical.

Nothing lasts forever but to see Apple and Samsung hit Windows phone status.... I'd be curious to see how or when that could happen.

There's been a few companies that reigned dominant in their respected fields that haven't been replaced Coke and Pepsi being a perfect example. But in general your right most things come to an end.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
But what would the Phone have to be like that would end that dominance?

It would have to be some kind of phone with teleportation and Star Trek replicator technology on-board

😜

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm all in on a phone that can teleport me to work in order to avoid the 270 twice a day.

It's really not so much a matter of looks. It's really what's the next innovation jump.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods