can't seem to leave iOS :(

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
i too have been going back and forth. Ive owned 3 different iPhone 5s's. Ive come back to it each time after trying devices suchs as note 3, galaxy s4, s5. The only reason i left is because of the screen size so really looking forward to the 6PLUS
also, I've been on ios8 for a few months now and it def closes the gap on a lot of annoying missing features.

I think if you've stuck with IOS for this long, to leave now would be a mistake.

steelrain82

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I do contract (unlimited data), and I've boiled it down to the 6+ and g3. I went iphone, iPhone 4, note 2. I like both platforms, and each is unique in its own way. My wife has us tied into iTunes and every device (music wise) is apple oriented. But I like battery life, screen resolution, and photos. Plus my entire family is apple with a few exceptions. It's a difficult decision now with a 5.5 screen on both phones.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I am returning to iPhone with the 6.

I have loved them, hated them, gone back and forth between Motorola, Samsung, Blackberry and Apple, but ultimately, I know I would never pick a PC because I love my Macbook, I love my iPad, I love my iTouch... So I just came to realize that by now, staying away from iPhone because of past issues is just plain silly.

Plus... IOS8. Sexiest IOS ever. :D

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I am returning to iPhone with the 6.

I have loved them, hated them, gone back and forth between Motorola, Samsung, Blackberry and Apple, but ultimately, I know I would never pick a PC because I love my Macbook, I love my iPad, I love my iTouch... So I just came to realize that by now, staying away from iPhone because of past issues is just plain silly.

Plus... IOS8. Sexiest IOS ever. :D

I am also really liking ios 8. To be able to use a gesture type keyboard is just awesome.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

3Dee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Can I suggest that if you were looking to ensure you didn't lose the good things about iOS, that the LG G3 probably wasn't the best choice you could have made. As good as the G3 is, it's a bit of a beta device given its screen, and which (outside of the Korean version) is probably underpowered when it comes to RAM.

I'd definitely go with your later suggestion of the Moto X is a much better device to choose, although (as I'm sure you've considered) the next Nexus, or the HTC One M8 are probably solid choices too.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
A thing happened in June. BlackBerry announced a partnership with Amazon App Store that essentially killed native app development for Blackberry devices. That was the end of my attempts to continue to use Blackberry. I felt some strange need to be loyal to the brand. I tried splitting my use of devices between my iPhone and my Blackberry phones but I found myself reaching for my iPhone more and more over the course of the last three years.
Finally in June I reached the end of my apologist defence of a platform that did not work for me and expected me to use workarounds, like taking apps without developers' consent to use on my device.
So...I am here. With my AWESOMELY SEXY AND GORGEOUS GOLD 128G iPhone 6. And unless Apple does something as ridiculous as Blackberry's abandonment of native app development, I'll continue to use Apple products. Once i buy my laptop I'll be all in with Apple's full ecosystem.

And I couldn't be happier .

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Last edited:

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
So, pretty much I've bought a G3, returned the G3 and bought the G3 again. I bought it again due to the fact I didn't feel I gave the phone a fair shake the first time around. Now, im wanting to go back to my 5S! Grr, I hate this. I'm gonna waste 70 bucks on restocking fees. Just to have my same 5S at the end of it.

I wanted to go back to android due to the fact I wanted something different than iOS. But now, I'm missing the fluidity and app performance of iOS. There's just more hitches on the G3 than the 5S and the game performance is smoother. Its frustrating because I don't want to feel beholden to always get apple stuff, but its hard when apple dpretty much makes the ideal phone for me co sidering my wants. Which are battery life, apps, smoothness, OS upgrades, and camera. Yes, iOS isn't as flexible as android, but iOS 8 does bridge the gap pretty well.

So really, I don't know what to do. I'd hate to return this phone again. But I'm not sure if I want to use it instead of iOS now. Espeacily when the iPhone 6 will land in a few weeks.

Do you feel its hard to move away from apple and iOS? What might be your suggestion for me?

I have same "problem" with BlackBerry. I just like the OS and how files are handled as well as other BlackBerry details. I moved to iOS for the apps and content, which I do really like!

I think it's all about what you prioritize that decides which platform you'll be drawn to and stay with.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, there really isn't a good reason to leave iOS. The software gives you just about everything you want and the hardware has become awesome with the same beautiful design and build quality.

ffejjj

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
The perfect reason to leave would be for more versatility for those looking to customize.

Reasons to stay would be ease of use on a top of the line device with awesome hardware.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
That's exactly why I keep a iphone & a android phone. I could never decide between the two.

I used to have trouble deciding between iOS and Android, but not anymore. There
just isn't enough that Android offers anymore that would warrant me to want to switch
to Android again.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I bounce back and forth between iOS, Android, and BlackBerry. I even had a Windows Mobile phone, once upon a time. All of the different phones have their own strengths and weaknesses.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Nah.....In n Out, bacon double double,
Of course since I don't eat meat anymore I'm basing this on memory only. B

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member