can't seem to leave iOS :(

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, pretty much I've bought a G3, returned the G3 and bought the G3 again. I bought it again due to the fact I didn't feel I gave the phone a fair shake the first time around. Now, im wanting to go back to my 5S! Grr, I hate this. I'm gonna waste 70 bucks on restocking fees. Just to have my same 5S at the end of it.

I wanted to go back to android due to the fact I wanted something different than iOS. But now, I'm missing the fluidity and app performance of iOS. There's just more hitches on the G3 than the 5S and the game performance is smoother. Its frustrating because I don't want to feel beholden to always get apple stuff, but its hard when apple dpretty much makes the ideal phone for me co sidering my wants. Which are battery life, apps, smoothness, OS upgrades, and camera. Yes, iOS isn't as flexible as android, but iOS 8 does bridge the gap pretty well.

So really, I don't know what to do. I'd hate to return this phone again. But I'm not sure if I want to use it instead of iOS now. Espeacily when the iPhone 6 will land in a few weeks.

Do you feel its hard to move away from apple and iOS? What might be your suggestion for me?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going anywhere. iOS and my 5s meets all my needs, the dependability, ease of use and customer service. Use what works for you. Good luck to you.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I went through about a 2 year stint where I was back and forth between the iphone 4S or 5 and the Galaxy S3, S4, and Note 2. Ultimately it was the larger screen and some open source features that attracted me. I realized those desires on their own weren't enough to merit an extended switch and haven't strayed from the 5S since launch day.

My only suggestion is that you try and truly account for what is most important to you in your phone. What truly drives your experience? I realized I value certain things like imessage and its handling of group texts, the quality of apps on ios vs android, the reliability in the overall OS experience, and little things like tap to scroll. It is to be expected that after using an iphone for 6 years, I have become very accustomed to how things work and while android may offer more in certain areas, I still end up being much faster and more efficient on my iphone because I could about work it blindly at this point.

With the iphone 6 addressing my desire for a larger screen, and iOS 8 addressing things like quick reply and key group messaging features, I honestly don't see a single reason why I would stray in the near future. I did my due diligence and tuned in to the Note 4 unveiling yesterday. Honestly, after watching the S5 unveiled earlier in the year and now the Note 4, I don't want to hear one more Samsung fan telling me the iphone is boring or the 'same ol same ol' lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like the others above, I'm content with iOS. In fact, I have no desire to move away from it or the iPhone and I don't see that changing anytime soon...;)

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
As a long time Android user who switched to all apple in the last year I understand. I began with an ipad for work and ended up with two iPhones and two ipod touches for my kids within a few months. Now that I've been using iOS for about 7 months I'm not sure I'll go back to android anytime soon. I tried out a Samsung S5 and the phone and android move very smoothly but the touch screen seems to lag. I've noticed that android has all but caught up to ios in terms of speed and no lag in the operating system but after using both extensively apple's touch screen sensitivity is far ahead of the competition. I feel like I'm using gestures on a Samsung to flip through months on the calender for example, whereas on my iphone I feel like my finger is grabbing an object in the UI and moving it. If that makes sense to anyone it has a much more profound perception of fluidity than any lag or fluidness of UI movement. It is something I never noticed before using Apple products but not sure if I can go back now to android because of the disconnect of the touchscreen sensitivity.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
What might be your suggestion for me?

You obviously actually an iPhone. So just buy one and be happy. The only thing you are missing out on with Android is being able to customize every single pixel on your screen. That's IT! The plus side being you get the far more stable, cohesive, and IMO functional iOS. You said the most important thing for you when buying a phone are battery life, apps, smoothness, OS upgrades, and a great camera. The iPhone excels in every one of those areas and IMO ahead of any Android device in those areas as well.

I retired my iPhone 5 and have only been using my Moto X for less than 2 full days...I am already so annoyed by Android that the wait for the new iPhone is getting hard. The stock email app still doesn't autofit email to the screen!!!!!

Buy an iPhone, be happy.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If iOS fills all your needs, why is it a bad thing that you can't leave iOS? :) If it works for you, that is what matters the most in making a decision on an OS anyway. :)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Sorry for off topic but...I think this thread and another here have completely changed my phone buying plans now. Was going to sell my iPhone 5 but now I very strongly think that I will keep that and sell my Moto X; then buy the new iPhone.

I don't think I can be away from iOS for any period now.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for off topic but...I think this thread and another here have completely changed my phone buying plans now. Was going to sell my iPhone 5 but now I very strongly think that I will keep that and sell my Moto X; then buy the new iPhone.

I don't think I can be away from iOS for any period now.
Resistance is futile... :D

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've recently got a surface 2 as a tablet and so far it's fit my needs better than any iPad I've tried, in terms of phones I don't think I'll ever leave iOS.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I did a lot of comparison and research when I decided with a lot of soul searching to leave the sinking ship that I was on to adopt a new mobile platform knowing how much time and money I had invested in, I knew this time I would think deep into the future and hopefully pit the pros and cons against each other and moving to iOS was the outcome and I'm more than happy and feel I made one of the wisest decisions in my life so far

No regrets

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
You obviously actually an iPhone. So just buy one and be happy. The only thing you are missing out on with Android is being able to customize every single pixel on your screen. That's IT! The plus side being you get the far more stable, cohesive, and IMO functional iOS. You said the most important thing for you when buying a phone are battery life, apps, smoothness, OS upgrades, and a great camera. The iPhone excels in every one of those areas and IMO ahead of any Android device in those areas as well.

I retired my iPhone 5 and have only been using my Moto X for less than 2 full days...I am already so annoyed by Android that the wait for the new iPhone is getting hard. The stock email app still doesn't autofit email to the screen!!!!!

Buy an iPhone, be happy.

I agree with most of what you said, except for the highlighted part. Apple needs to work on battery life.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I would just stick with the iPhone. I have a 5S & an S5 (2nd line) & my 5S is my pride & joy. The screen on the S5 isn't as sensitive as the 5S so there's almost always a delay. Plus I miss the small things the Sammy doesn't have like tap to scroll, notification panel on lockscreen, I hate the million icons in the status bar & the fact that there's 2 clocks on the lockscreen ( large clock & status bar). I could go on & on. Good luck with your decision

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't exactly justify staying with iOS, to me, it's really an acquired taste. You must be willing to fork out the bucks for the devices.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I have decided to return the G3 and wait for the iphone 6. Now I need to decide which screen size I'll go for. I hope apple reveals both if them at WWDC, not just the 4.7 inch model.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh