So how exactly is Apple losing marketshare to Google's Android platform?

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I have explained it...numerous times, and in the same way each and every time...you can find it disrespectful all you want, but I'm simply calling a spade a spade.

Ah that might be the problem! Explaining something the same way multiple times to someone who doesn't understand is not likely to help. You need to explain it in a different way.

I never said the word "anything", I said it wasn't relevant when trying to judge the condition of a company on the market like Apple vs. the numerous devices on the low end that it doesn't even compete with.

You ALMOST got it there, except you worded it in a way so that you intentionally didn't...clever, but a bit obvious.

Which point didn't I get? I can't be as clever as you seem to think! As far as I can see, we agree that overall unit market share is not a good measure of Apple's position in the market (not sure exactly what you mean by 'status' - financial? strategic?). We disagree only on one point. You think the overall unit market share is not relevant at all to Apple. I think it is relevant to some degree. It is a possible indicator to Apple's prospects for growth relative to the rest of the market, and to the threats that Apple may face in the coming years - e.g. pressure for price reductions, less attractive ecosystem relative to faster growing Androidn, etc. This is NOT an anti-Apple point - all companies face threats. The question is whether they happen, and how a company mitigates and deals with them. I'd be interested to hear your views on that.

Your bleeding heart tone of your comments is what I was referencing in terms of Jeremy Clarkson...assumptive, yes, but it follows in line with the kind of arguments presented by those who oppose him...the kind where major pieces of presented information are omitted to further an argument or agenda. Take that for what it's worth.

Which comments on mine had a "bleeding heart tone"? Opposing Jeremy Clarkson would be like opposing Basil Fawlty or David Brent. He's one of the great satirical creations of our time.

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I had never even considered the OPs points. Will study all the pros and cons of the arugment, before I make a knicker-twisting commmentary on this important issue. iOS is a mature operating system.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ah that might be the problem! Explaining something the same way multiple times to someone who doesn't understand is not likely to help. You need to explain it in a different way.

Sounds like your problem. Not mine.

Which point didn't I get? I can't be as clever as you seem to think! As far as I can see, we agree that overall unit market share is not a good measure of Apple's position in the market (not sure exactly what you mean by 'status' - financial? strategic?). We disagree only on one point. You think the overall unit market share is not relevant at all to Apple. I think it is relevant to some degree. It is a possible indicator to Apple's prospects for growth relative to the rest of the market, and to the threats that Apple may face in the coming years - e.g. pressure for price reductions, less attractive ecosystem relative to faster growing Androidn, etc. This is NOT an anti-Apple point - all companies face threats. The question is whether they happen, and how a company mitigates and deals with them. I'd be interested to hear your views on that.

My views on what? What I've been talking about this ENTIRE thread? lol! You like to word things in a way that make certain things sound slightly different than what I've said, and I won't take that bait...you have my explanation over and over again in this thread so far, you can reference any number of them for my view and my take, no reason for me to continue the redundant echo. The overall marketshare from Android devices (including the bottom tier phones) is irrelevant to qualifying Apple's standing in the market.

Which comments on mine had a "bleeding heart tone"? Opposing Jeremy Clarkson would be like opposing Basil Fawlty or David Brent. He's one of the great satirical creations of our time.

The simple fact you made a point to mention my signature in a negative tone speaks to this.

You're dancing around like a salsa dancer now.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
"Apple's market share is bigger than BMW's or Mercedes's or Porsche's in the automotive market. What's wrong with being BMW or Mercedes?"

~ Steve Jobs

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73