Which colors are you getting for the new iPhone

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I never know until I get there to buy... Chances are white will catch my eye the most because something about the lighting in the apple store makes the white look awesome. Then I'll use it for three months and end up selling it and buying the black. I'll just call a spade a spade here....

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping for black. A black/gold would be nice. I didn't care for the gold/white that much. Will they even offer space grey this time?

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
May or May not skip this iteration depending on if the Passport or the Classic get to me first

But for sure the gold one so I could put on it a black leather skin because that looks really nice

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a silver 5s and liked it, but now I have the space gray. I will wait and see what they look like. If I had to answer now I would say space gray though. I like the black front better for some reason.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Normally, I'd say the black or darkest color, but this time around, I will hold off and wait until I see the available colors. I may choose differently this time...(gasp!)...I know, right?...:)

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I too like to go with the traditional black and get the wife the White one. I am going to go ahead and wait and see what and if we have other options out there....If not, black FTW!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably going with gold again. Usually I'll switch between colors but for 6-7 years I've had black or white.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
All my iPhones up until the iPhone 4 were black, my 5 was white/silver and my 5S is white/gold.

To be honest, I'm not sure I like the look of the purported white/gold iPhone 6 that much. I'm hoping those fugly white antenna bands and white bands round the edges are hidden or coloured the same as the rest of the rear, or the top and bottom pieces of the rear are coloured differently to the central piece, much like the iPhone 5s is today.

iphone6-lin-images.jpg

If that's the case, and the champagne colour hasn't changed, i'll go for the white/gold again. If not, i'll probably go for the black/grey/whatever-they-decide-to-call-it model to hide the different coloured bands that I think just look simply awful, plasticky, cheap and poorly designed. It's almost like they were the Friday afternoon design decision. I'm still hoping that the final version that Tim will unveil will be different though.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
All my iPhones up until the iPhone 4 were black, my 5 was white/silver and my 5S is white/gold.

To be honest, I'm not sure I like the look of the purported white/gold iPhone 6 that much. I'm hoping those fugly white antenna bands and white bands round the edges are hidden or coloured the same as the rest of the rear, or the top and bottom pieces of the rear are coloured differently to the central piece, much like the iPhone 5s is today.

http://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r...dd35977d8c9d13e580de5a/iphone6-lin-images.jpg

If that's the case, and the champagne colour hasn't changed, i'll go for the white/gold again. If not, i'll probably go for the black/grey/whatever-they-decide-to-call-it model to hide the different coloured bands that I think just look simply awful, plasticky, cheap and poorly designed. It's almost like they were the Friday afternoon design decision. I'm still hoping that the final version that Tim will unveil will be different though.

I don't mind the look of the proposed design personally. I can do without the antenna banding myself as well but all in all that design wouldn't turn me off from the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably skipping the 6 since I got the 5S not that long ago, but IF I do decide to get it, it will be the space grey/black option. I like black fronts so the screen blends in when the screen isn't on. I had the 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, all in black. For iPhone 5 I had it in both black and white, but stuck with white for a little longer only because it seems to hold up a little better with use. For iPhone 5S I originally got it in gold, but eventually got the space grey version (which i am using now). I like the little contrasts around the phone. How the home button is slightly lighter in colour compared to the bezels on the front. How the metal sides are darker than the chamfered edges, the little rings in the lightning port and earphone jack, and the 2 screws on the bottom. :p

IMG_5180.JPGIMG_5186.JPG

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably skipping the 6 since I got the 5S not that long ago, but IF I do decide to get it, it will be the space grey/black option. I like black fronts so the screen blends in when the screen isn't on. I had the 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, all in black. For iPhone 5 I had it in both black and white, but stuck with white for a little longer only because it seems to hold up a little better with use. For iPhone 5S I originally got it in gold, but eventually got the space grey version (which i am using now). I like the little contrasts around the phone. How the home button is slightly lighter in colour compared to the bezels on the front. How the metal sides are darker than the chamfered edges, the little rings in the lightning port and earphone jack, and the 2 screws on the bottom. :p

View attachment 62340View attachment 62341

Very much agreed! Although, I always seem prone to get scratches. Getting Space Gray is always a sure fire way to imperfections for me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods