• Wait in Line

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Pre-Order

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I waited in line for my first iPhone in 2009...I'd love to do it again but it's not feasible.
I'll order online and pick up in store, if that's an option.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I waited in line for my first iPhone in 2009...I'd love to do it again but it's not feasible.
I'll order online and pick up in store, if that's an option.

Well that sounds like fun. Wish I could have experienced that

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Pre-order for me. As much as I'm sure I would enjoy the interaction of lining up, between work (both my day job and CB mod duties lol) and family, my time is far too valuable to spend in a line up.

I've only gotten one Apple product on launch day. That was an iPad 3 that I had stayed up until midnight to pre-order the minute it was available online, so that it would get it delivered the same time it hit stores.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I waited in line for my iPhone 5 on launch day. I got there an hour before the store opened and there were four people in front of me; about another forty turned up after me. It was pretty civilised but then this is the UK. We probably all drank tea, sang songs about the Queen and played Cricket; I can't remember exactly.

Zacharyw70

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd prefer just preordering it (Preferably) picking it up once it's ready for me. I hate getting phones shipped out however as I get so anxious waiting for the package to arrive.

Maybe it's just naive of me to say but I always worry about getting mugged or something if you end up waiting in line. Granted I've never been to a launch day before so that's just my own thoughts.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You'd be fine if you're in a mall. It felt like waiting for concert tickets. Loads of fun, everybody was happy, everybody was nice. And the employees came out clapping and giving out water and coffee and donuts. It was great.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You'd be fine if you're in a mall. It felt like waiting for concert tickets. Loads of fun, everybody was happy, everybody was nice. And the employees came out clapping and giving out water and coffee and donuts. It was great.
I like that culture you guys have in the Apple stores there in the US. We don't even have Apple stores besides authorised retailers here in Singapore, and it would have been cool if we had those sorts of things here.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh it was great. It really was. I wish I could do it again. I don't care who thinks it's silly, it was great fun.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Never did the line before. But this year, I'll be waiting and having fun while doing so. My mophie will keep the 5s alive until I get my 6 in hand lol.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Which Apple Store did you wait at? I know there are lots to choose from since you're in the same general vicinity as me. I've waited at the Tyson's store since the 4S.

I went to Pentagon City. It was a great experience. LOVE that store. That's where I'll go to get my MacBook Pro. Just a couple of stops on the Metro, really.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Preorder. I don't need the satisfaction of saying I have the new iPhone on the very first day it comes out. I can wait a few days I'm not impatient.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro