Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By qbnkelt
  • 1 Post By qbnkelt
  • 2 Post By Ledsteplin
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 1 Post By EmceeGeek
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Tile - I looked through the forum and I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned

This is so COOL. I'm ordering three tomorrow. Am I the last person to know about this?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup....
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" ~Socrates
    taz323 likes this.

Default Re: Tile - I looked through the forum and I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned

That is pretty cool.
    Taz323

Community Rules & Guidelines
    App and Developer Rules & Guidelines
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines

Default Re: Tile - I looked through the forum and I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned

I saw them a while ago.

Global Posts
    21,155 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Yeah, they've been advertised on the blog side for a while. Anyway, let us know what you think of them after you've used them.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Oh yeah I will! Unfortunately they won't ship until what....Fall or something???? REALLY like the fact that tiles can talk to other tiles in case something is stolen to show where the stolen item is.

Or in my case to show where one of my wee thieving ferrets has hidden my wallet.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup....
    JustMe'D likes this.

Global Posts
    2,018 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I backed them exactly a year ago and I have 4 coming. They had me confirm my address on the 10th so mine should be here soon! I can't flipping wait!!!!! They were suppose to be here in January but I guess they had delays. Lol.
    32GB iPhone 5S 32GB iPhone 5 64GB iPad 3 LTE 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts

I also backed them a while back.. Didn't turn out how I originally pictured it, nevertheless, will be getting a few.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I'm ordering them today. Can't wait. I honestly have a problem with ferrets stealing my keys and my wallet so I actually do need this.

Global Posts
    3,791 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Would be kinda cool to just hide a couple of them in a car in case it was stolen.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 6 Plus 128GB
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (08-03-2014)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

lol I need these for my keys and wallet pretty bad. I don't have ferrets though. Just a bad memory.

I need one on my cat's collar. She can find more places to hide than I thought possible.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,592 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I want to order one, but they seem heavily reliant on consumer activity to make them accurate. What happens when the tile protected item is taken into the boonies and there's not another tile owner around for large spans of distance? They haven't exactly been detailed in how accurate it will be on it's own as a singular device in terms of ease of location (or speed).
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    taz323 likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I want to order one, but they seem heavily reliant on consumer activity to make them accurate. What happens when the tile protected item is taken into the boonies and there's not another tile owner around for large spans of distance? They haven't exactly been detailed in how accurate it will be on it's own as a singular device in terms of ease of location (or speed).
    I'm sure this has come to mind at least once or twice during development. I'd wait a bit longer to read some in-depth reviews and tests on them before you buy one.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,592 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lima View Post
    I'm sure this has come to mind at least once or twice during development. I'd wait a bit longer to read some in-depth reviews and tests on them before you buy one.
    Ya think? I figured they just spent tons of money on developing the product without ever discussing it.

Sarcasm aside...this was kind of the point of my post...I want to order one, but I want to see more details about how the product works individually.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts

Ya think? I figured they just spent tons of money on developing the product without ever discussing it.

Sarcasm aside...this was kind of the point of my post...I want to order one, but I want to see more details about how the product works individually.
    Umm.. Ok? I suppose I saw your post different than you meant it.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,592 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Umm.. Ok? I suppose I saw your post different than you meant it.
    Then consider the second post a beacon of clarity for yourself.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts

Then consider the second post for clarities sake.
    Sarcasm is hard to differentiate while reading on a forum, my mistake.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,592 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Sarcasm is hard to differentiate while reading on a forum, my mistake.
    Oh no, the sarcasm was definitely directed at your retort...I meant the second part, where I spelled out my initial comment.
    Andrew Lima likes this.

Global Posts
    2,018 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I didn't expect to get this email tonight! I'm excited to try it out. I'll be putting one on my kid brother. Ha

32GB iPhone 5S 32GB iPhone 5 64GB iPad 3 LTE 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    665 Global Posts

I ordered one back in June but haven't received it yet. Has anyone actually received their tile? If so, I'm really curious to hear how it works.

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

I've taken a look into this and our records indicate that you placed your Tile pre-order on 06/02/2014 and Tile began accepting pre-orders in June 2013. Pre-orders placed between September 23, 2013 and June 3, 2014 are estimated to ship in September this year.

There are some earlier orders to be fulfilled and we have thus published a shipping schedule that provides a time frame for when your Tile order will ship based on the date the order was placed. We are actively working to improve the speed at which we produce Tiles and will update this schedule regularly based on actual shipments and production capacity.
    BB Curve 8330-->BB Storm 9530-->BB Storm 2 9550-->BB Bold 9650-->Apple iPhone 4s-->Apple iPhone 5s