Oh no!!!! WHAT IF the new iPhone 6 has availability problems.....

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
What if there are problems finding, for example, a gold 64G iPhone 6 like there was with the 5s???? I couldn't get my current iPhone until....like...DECEMBER....

I REALLY hope that Apple has anticipated the demand for the gold devices!!!!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I REALLY hope that they learned from the demand on the gold 5s. Not only would it be a personal frustrating thing, but Apple could get really negative press if they don't adjust from last year and anticipate demand.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I also had to wait until December to get my GOLD 5s. I hope that's not a problem with the GOLD 6, but I will wait if I have to.....it was worth it's "wait" in GOLD...SMILE

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Apple will adjust their inventory again. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a shortage. Hopefully, the delay will be a short one.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What if? You mean there will be. Every single year it's the same thing. I liked it a lot better when Apple released a phone in July instead of the end of the 3rd quarter heading into the holiday season.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I hope they will have enough. I most likely won't have to worry because I want a Space Gray and those are always in plentiful supply :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I basically stalked the Pentagon City mall. Every Fiday. Nothing.

be2e3u2a.jpg

Is that you behind the pole. lol

I have to wait till November anyhow for my upgrade

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably wait a week or two before walking in a store and buying whichever one I choose to get. Having certain things on launch day doesn't have the appeal it used to for me...:)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Be interesting to see if they bring back the pre-order option. That could save the need to wait in line on launch day, for those who do.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's February for me, regardless! I'm taking my sister in law's upgrade. :D Well! It's my service! She just got herself a new phone anyhow. Otherwise, I wait until August. But if I do that, may as well wait for the 6s.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm doing everything I can to get an unlocked one in D-day. Even if it means taking off work.

THIS one I'm NOT waiting for!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Oh I'm doing everything I can to get an unlocked one in D-day. Even if it means taking off work.

THIS one I'm NOT waiting for!
Apple doesn't usually offer the fully unlocked iPhone until about a month after launch. Unless you're talking about paying full retail for the AT&T version in which it would come unlocked anyway.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Apple doesn't usually offer the fully unlocked iPhone until about a month after launch. Unless you're talking about paying full retail for the AT&T version in which it would come unlocked anyway.

Yah I'm thinking of getting the Verizon version which comes unlocked from what I've learned here. I'm hoping that's truly unlocked.....as in across the pond fully unlocked....I'll be going back home to Ireland next year and I'll be using a SIM from Vodaphone.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh that's true Karen. DUH.....
Why am I making things difficult for myself?!?!!? That's what Heisenberg said too!!!!!!! . Thank you guys!!!!!

I'm just being such a dufus.....

I'm too excited. I'm hyperventilating here. I'll never make it to September...

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I managed to get the gold iphone 5s at launch day but only because I got it from a re-contract with my carrier. Also, the carriers don't sell off contract iphones for pretty much the first few batches because they are in such short supply, and the priority goes to those who are signing 2 years contract. :/ If not there is no chance in hell I could get one from the online store (no apple stores here, only authorised retailers), which doesn't stock the new iphones until a month or 2 later.

I was lucky in that my carrier kept things really organised, just needed to pre-register what I want, and on the launch itself, i just drop by at the time frame I chose, and then collect and pay for the phone I chose (colour/storage) when registering. Hassle-free and no need to queue overnight or whatsoever. Just need to have a fast internet access and fast fingers to reserve the phone online (the gold one sold out in minutes after registration opened).

Where I live, the iPhones are bound to sell out no matter what. We're part of the first wave of release for the past couple of generations of iPhones now, and all phones sold here has to be unlocked by law (yes, even if you sign a 2 year contract with the carrier), so there is high demand from exporters who will buy in large quantities of iPhones to sell it at a profit to countries who aren't part of the first wave of release. Which drives up the prices of the phone as well. I've seen over 50% markup for the off-contract Gold iphone 5s at launch, it's insanity. Even when apple online store starts selling it, it's almost always out of stock since people will buy as much as they can to again, export.

So yeah, i think no matter what, there will be availability problems. Especially when it's a brand new design this year with new screen size/sizes. I'll probably skip the iPhone 6 this time round and wait till the 6S. My current yearly upgrade is due in March (all because of the BlackBerry Z10's launch where i live, lol), so it's right smack in the middle between new iphones. I'll just wait another 6 months to get the 6S and push the cycle back to coincide with new iphone launches. :p