Office 365 vs Google apps.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, as a whole, which do you believe is better on Mac and iOS? Office 365 you get word, excel, and PowerPoint for use not only on your Mac (or PC) but also access to the iPad apps. You also get access to outlook for mail, calendar, and contacts, 1TB of one drive storage, and unless I'm mistaken free Skype minutes. It'll cost you 79.99 q year or 99.99 a year, depending which plan you go with.

With google apps you get google docs, sheets, and slides, which are not as powerful or fully featured as their office equivalents, but still good for average users probably. You also get hangouts and google drive with 15gbs free, or you can pay more for up to 1TB of storage for 9.99 a month for the 1tb option. So equivalent price to the 1TB you get of one drive with office 365 if you go with the premium plan. And of course access to gmail and google calendar/contacts. And all of that is free of charge, however your paying for ITT with the user data. Which is a iffy situation to some.

So, what's the best option for Mac/iOS users? Googles offering looks great on paper, but how much is the privacy thing a issue. And office 365, is well priced for what you get, bit how well are the Mac and iOS implementations of these products compared to googles?

What do you think?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the user's needs. Also, you're not taking into consideration those who prefer the offerings of Apple, i.e., Pages, Numbers, Keynotes (available on iOS, OS X and anyone with an iCloud account no matter what platform you use), iCloud Drive, iMessage, FaceTime, etcetera. and those who use a combination Apple, Microsoft and Google products. Again, it all depends on the needs of the user, in my opinion...:)

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the user's needs. Also, you're not taking into consideration those who prefer the offerings of Apple, i.e., Pages, Numbers, Keynotes (available on iOS, OS X and anyone with an iCloud account no matter what platform you use), iCloud Drive, iMessage, FaceTime, etcetera. and those who use a combination Apple, Microsoft and Google products. Again, it all depends on the needs of the user, in my opinion...:)

That's very true. I'm very interested to see how iCloud drive turns out and if it acts the same as Dropbox. I know I personally use gmail, google calendar, google contacts, one note, one drive, and google drive for stuff. Was thinking of subscribing to 365 to get the 1tb of onedrive space and access to office. But not sure I need all that or not.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't. It just comes with the iPhone. But I did see that they have dropped the price for the full office suite to $69.99. I think that I'm going to jump all over this.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't. It just comes with the iPhone. But I did see that they have dropped the price for the full office suite to $69.99. I think that I'm going to jump all over this.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

If you buy it the card through amazon, they have the 365 home premium for 64.99. This gives you access to 5 PC/Mac downloads , rather than the two that comes with the personal plan.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving office for Mac and my iPad. I have one drive on all my devices and gave 1TB of cloud space with it.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It's interesting that people now think of google as some sort of tech boogeyman. Worrying that there going to steal there data and souls and pimp them out to advertisers. I just don't get it. It's not like there using your actual name and personal info. They use anonymous algorithm stuff as far as I know .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711