Multiple device users, how do you...?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I know this sounds silly, but I keep reading about people who have an iPhone for this, an Android for that, a Blackberry for something else... How do you do it? Do you have several phone numbers or do you keep switching and reactivating devices as needed? How often do you do that?
I'm just curious... This sounds so confusing to me, lol.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I know this sounds silly, but I keep reading about people who have an iPhone for this, an Android for that, a Blackberry for something else... How do you do it? Do you have several phone numbers or do you keep switching and reactivating devices as needed? How often do you do that?
I'm just curious... This sounds so confusing to me, lol.

I think a lot of people switch the SIM cards frequently, but I'm not for sure. I know of a couple people who do that, but I'm not sure about the majority.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I swap SIM card between my iPhone 5 s and Moto X.

I would like to try the Z10 but that uses a micro Sim and I didn't want to fool around with adapters.

Sent from my XT1058

agp101

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Sim card adapter from eBay.. $5 or whatever. Then all you need to do is have everything on the cloud (cross platform) and it really is super easy after downloading and signing into a few apps.

I have a Windows 8.1 PC, Nexus 4, and iPad Air. There's nothing I do on one device that isn't accessible from the other. Everything works great for me.

Posted via iMore App

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I actually have two different lines (phone#'s). My personal is the iPhone 5s and business line is my Note3. My Wife thinks both are personal....SMILE

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got three lines. My main one, the second line that I had ever since I started using a pocket PC along with my flip phones way back in the Dark Ages, and I've got my ex mother in law's line that I used to pay for. My ex has her on his plan now.

I also pay for my mother's service. I just switched her from a BlackBerry 9900 to an iPhone 5s. She took to it immediately.

Last edited:

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a Z10 and a Nexus 5 that I swap a SIM card between whenever the mood strikes. Most of the services and apps I depend on are cross platform, so it doesn't really matter which device I use, I more or less get the same functionality out of both. I also have a US #, so whenever I'm visiting south of the 49th, I'll usually throw the American SIM into one of the phones.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Z10 and a Nexus 5 that I swap a SIM card between whenever the mood strikes. Most of the services and apps I depend on are cross platform, so it doesn't really matter which device I use, I more or less get the same functionality out of both. I also have a US #, so whenever I'm visiting south of the 49th, I'll usually throw the American SIM into one of the phones.

Seems to me you're getting along just fine either way.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I utilize two iPhone 5s's and an iphone 5.
I use to carry a blackberry but that ended in 2012.

It's very common to see 3 or 4 iPhones per user, well in the circles I travel in at least.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone is my work phone and my HTC is my personal phone. I have two separate lines and the only people to have both numbers are my parents and my girlfriend. Friends only have the personal phone number and work people only have the work number. The same goes for my email address too.

I keep my work life and private life totally separate.

When the iPhone 6 is released, I'll swap the 5s to my personal phone and use the 6 as my work phone.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I utilize two iPhone 5s's and an iphone 5.
I use to carry a blackberry but that ended in 2012.

It's very common to see 3 or 4 iPhones per user, well in the circles I travel in at least.

My program manager has two iPhones, one stock and one jail broken. I've got one colleague who does the same thing.

I'll be doing that when the iPhone 6 comes out. Jaguar mentioned to do that with a Touch but no reason to buy one when I'll have a device readily available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2