Should Apple create iSpecs to go against Google Wear?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Apple did Car interfaces and then Google came out with Android Drive. DO you think Apple would follow suit with a Google glass competitor?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think even Apple has the clout to have people dabble in face tech it's just not that appealing look at the ear bud craze a decade ago it fizzled out quickly

It just seems to me no one enjoys wearing gear around the face area unless it's for music

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think even Apple has the clout to have people dabble in face tech it's just not that appealing look at the ear bud craze a decade ago it fizzled out quickly

It just seems to me no one enjoys wearing gear around the face area unless it's for music
And, besides, Google Glass hasn't even been released to the public and yet stories have surfaced on how the wearers got attacked..

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I wear some sorta "glasses" everyday (reading and Sun glasses), and I might give it a try if Apple made them......maybe.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I remember when I said I would never buy a "smartphone", I didn't need a phone to do all that, I remember when I said I would never buy an iPhone....I remember when.........Get the picture. SMILE.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I remember when I said I would never buy a "smartphone", I didn't need a phone to do all that, I remember when I said I would never buy an iPhone....I remember when.........Get the picture. SMILE.

Wise words I've said much the same in my past too

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

I don't think it's the same. Google's face computer is attempting to solve a problem that I do not have. It is not a problem for me at all to reach into my pocket and pull out my smart phone. The smart phone solved a real problem; dumb phones couldn't do things people wanted to do mobile. The iPhone solved a problem; made the smart phone usable to the masses.

What does Google Glass solve? I have eyes to interface with the world. I have two pocket computers that do everything Google Glass can do. The only thing IMO Google Glass "solves" is Google's problem of getting people to pay for their products. It creates a problem for me because now my wallet is $1500 lighter.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah. What Sting said speaks volumes to what my thought process has been on Google Glass. "What exactly would I need it for?" I don't like the concept of Google Glass or any of this recorded tracking.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's the same. Google's face computer is attempting to solve a problem that I do not have. It is not a problem for me at all to reach into my pocket and pull out my smart phone. The smart phone solved a real problem; dumb phones couldn't do things people wanted to do mobile. The iPhone solved a problem; made the smart phone usable to the masses.

What does Google Glass solve? I have eyes to interface with the world. I have two pocket computers that do everything Google Glass can do. The only thing IMO Google Glass "solves" is Google's problem of getting people to pay for their products. It creates a problem for me because now my wallet is $1500 lighter.

Yup, they also said that about the horse and buggie vs the automobile.....LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
What use would something like Google Glass bring to you? Just for discussion purposes. Not trying to argue.

I understand. I'm still trying to figure out why I need two cars. LOL. Over the years I have purchased MANY things that I don't really need or had any use for....LOL. I really don't need or have a use for them, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of having a pair. You never know.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Last edited:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What use would something like Google Glass bring to you? Just for discussion purposes. Not trying to argue.
I agree. There just isn't any practical use for it other than to do pov video recording but that would be a really niche use for it that I would have. I'm still getting used to having my Pebble and I think I can truthfully say I have a need for it now.

Who knows, maybe Google Glass would be the same..

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Can't seem to grasp the watch tech. Maybe just a fad?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
Yeah. The watch thing I just cannot grasp. Mostly because I hate wearing a watch. It feels like overkill. I feel like if I started using one then I'd start becoming a slave to my own tech.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can't seem to grasp the watch tech. Maybe just a fad?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I don't GET smartwatches, and I don't see myself ever owning one (unless something like the Garmin Approach since it's for golf and serves a real purpose). My beef with them is that they're inconvenient. They're just a middle man. Let's say I have a smartwatch paired to my phone. I get a message. I check the smartwatch for the message, then I have to go to my phone to do something. The smartwatch creates an extra step because there's nothing you can actually do with the notifications and information you get.

Or let's say you want to check the weather. You can do that on a smartwatch, but the detail is so little that you're pretty much forced to check your phone for an hourly forecast or something that will actually be useful. I don't think smartwatches are useful. They're more of a nuisance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711