Why do you think a lot of windows fans hate apple?

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I to was at one time anti-Apple. Windows and Droids for me. Then out of the blue I traded my GS3 for an ip4/s a few years back now I' love apple. I got the ip5 last year. I only use windows computers due to work.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I had a friend that had a complex flight simulator setup in his living room with the chair controls and multi screens it was a great setup and he could fly good

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I play multiple games that aren't on Apple... Also... I like building my own machines. I didn't say due to one game. The thread is about why do some windows people hate Apple? I don't hate them.. Just saying why I prefer the other.

No reason to go bashing since I don't love Apple the same way you do... :eek:.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

You can put windows on a Mac so that argument doesn't hold water. I completely accept that you like windows better, and that's perfectly fine. But I could play every game you play, plus the OS X exclusives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You can put windows on a Mac so that argument doesn't hold water. I completely accept that you like windows better, and that's perfectly fine. But I could play every game you play, plus the OS X exclusives

Can I build my own Mac with all internals like I can for a PC? Such as in not Uber expensive like shopping on new egg? You're focusing on only one part of what I said.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I play multiple games that aren't on Apple... Also... I like building my own machines. I didn't say due to one game. The thread is about why do some windows people hate Apple? I don't hate them.. Just saying why I prefer the other.

No reason to go bashing since I don't love Apple the same way you do... :eek:.

Hank was just looking for clarification. I don't think he was "bashing". :)

Sent from from my iPhone 5

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Can I build my own Mac with all internals like I can for a PC? Such as in not Uber expensive like shopping on new egg? You're focusing on only one part of what I said.

Yes. It's called a hackintosh.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes. It's called a hackintosh.

With parts exclusive from Apple? Such as if I buy a PC from Alienware it will cost me way more than one from Newegg that I build myself.

Also the point of this is using Apple is it not.. So buying an Apple computer to use Windows.. Confuses me I guess.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hank was just looking for clarification. I don't think he was "bashing". :)

Sent from from my iPhone 5

That's fine if you don't think it. In my opinion it was since he was basically mocking me without quoting me.. It wasn't a clarification question.. It was straight mocking.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
With parts exclusive from Apple? Such as if I buy a PC from Alienware it will cost me way more than one from Newegg that I build myself.

Also the point of this is using Apple is it not.. So buying an Apple computer to use Windows.. Confuses me I guess.

No. Look up MKBHD on YouTube. He built a hackintosh a few years ago because the Mac Pro wasn't being updated. And yes, buying an apple computer ONLY to use windows would be useless. But if there is a windows only game or program we want to use, we have a super easy way to run windows--bootcamp

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
No. Look up MKBHD on YouTube. He built a hackintosh a few years ago because the Mac Pro wasn't being updated. And yes, buying an apple computer ONLY to use windows would be useless. But if there is a windows only game or program we want to use, we have a super easy way to run windows--bootcamp

Okay that's good and all but I'm sticking to the thread as to why I prefer Windows. You say I have to look up something from a few years ago to do that?.. When I can do it all day with PC? Sorry it's just my preference.

I stuck to the thread and answered why I like PC... I never bashed and yet you harp on me for it. You like OS X... I don't.. I get nothing from it.. Nothing against people that do it just doesn't do anything for me.. So I stated why I personally like Windows more.. Not why it's better..

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Dude, the title of the thread is "Why do you think a lot of windows users hate apple?".

You posted this:

Me? Simple.. I play video games on the PC and they usually aren't on the MAC. I also like building my own gaming PCs.

Since you didn?t address the topic, I simply asked a question WITH the comment that I wasn?t trying to start anything.

So you hate Apple? (Not trying to start anything, but that?s the title of the thread.)

And you come back accusing me of "mocking" you.

That's fine if you don't think it. In my opinion it was since he was basically mocking me without quoting me.. It wasn't a clarification question.. It was straight mocking.

That was NOT my intent at all. SMH.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Just recently I started my first college class, and having MS office was required ($62 from my university) I emailed my professor and told him I have a Mac, and that macs come with office software capable of reading and writing office format, and I saved my self $62! And I'll save another $100 or so this fall when 10.10 is released, and every fall after for about 5 years! Add that up, and by the time I upgrade after college, my Mac will have almost paid for itself in savings that I would have spent had I had a windows.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Dude, the title of the thread is "Why do you think a lot of windows users hate apple?".

You posted this:

Since you didn?t address the topic, I simply asked a question WITH the comment that I wasn?t trying to start anything.

And you come back accusing me of "mocking" you.

That was NOT my intent at all. SMH.

You're reading it wrong. Tech eater mocked me.. Not you...

Read who I quoted.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay that's good and all but I'm sticking to the thread as to why I prefer Windows. You say I have to look up something from a few years ago to do that?.. When I can do it all day with PC? Sorry it's just my preference.

I stuck to the thread and answered why I like PC... I never bashed and yet you harp on me for it. You like OS X... I don't.. I get nothing from it.. Nothing against people that do it just doesn't do anything for me.. So I stated why I personally like Windows more.. Not why it's better..

I was giving you a reference as to what I was talking about. I really don't know what the age of when he did has to do with it. Smh

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

The thread isn't about IF or WHY you prefer Windows. It is about why SOME (actually "a lot of") windows users HATE Apple.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The thread isn't about IF or WHY you prefer Windows. It is about why SOME (actually "a lot of") windows users HATE Apple.

True but as I said I prefer Windows and don't hate apple. Showing we all don't hate apple ;).

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

I've never harped on you. You said you like building your pcs, I told you could do that with a mac. You said you like playing windows exclusives, I said I like playing OS X exclusives. I have a question... Have you ever used OS X? I used windows my whole life until March 11th 2014.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro