If you didn't like iOS 7 will you try iOS 8?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so we know some people didn't like iOS 7 for various reasons. iOS 8 and the iPhone 6 will be released this fall and I was thinking about people who chose not to update to iOS 7 and to stay on iOS 6. If you're one of those people what will you do now?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well. I'm not one of them, but I plan to upgrade to every version of iOS for as long as I am an iPhone user...:)....I like iOS 7, but having installed iOS Beta 1 and 2, I like iOS 8 even better and I can't wait for the finished version to be released.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This is a good question, as I was never really a big fan of iOS 7 when it came out, largely because I thought many of its graphical improvements were unnecessary beyond just for aesthetic value and I thought much of the processing power was wasted that way.

But I begun to just appreciate iOS 7 for what it is, and shortly came to accept it.

I'm sure the improvements of iOS 8, namely the actionable notifications are only going to sway my opinions of iOS 7 to more favorable levels.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm okay with iOS 7, wish Notes had the notepad look with the lines and iBooks had the bookshelf look. But I feel iOS 8 is a smoothing out and improving upon iOS 7 like it was the Beta and iOS 8 is the general release.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
At first i didn't like the redesign but over time I actually liked iOS 7 once I used the betas. So yes I'll be updating to iOS 8.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I think most that didn't like iOS 7, didn't like it because of its looks. So they prolly won't like iOS 8's look either. But, they will have more of an incentive to update because of the added features/functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Ya iOS 8 it is.. But I still can't grasp on why Apple has not addressed certain iOS issues from a while back

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I LOVED iOS7 and will be sitting there waiting for iOS8 the nanosecond it's released.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I like iOS 7. I think iOS 8 is just an incremental update but it really does add some functionality. I'm going to like third party keyboards!

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

johnthn

Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I know a lot of people were unhappy with the redesign of iOS7, but I'm sure if they look at iOS 6 now it will look super old and outdated to them. It sure does so for me!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I know a lot of people were unhappy with the redesign of iOS7, but I'm sure if they look at iOS 6 now it will look super old and outdated to them. It sure does so for me!

That's so true! It's so funny, I don't even remember iOS6! Isn't that amazing? I just loved iOS7 from the first screenshots I saw.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I really liked iOS 7 from the very start, so I'm totally looking forward to iOS 8. The thing that I'm really excited for in iOS 8 is the new keyboards that will allow Swype....I hate to say it but on the few occasions I've used my sons S4 to text and then going back to my phone to text I would be trying to Swype LOL, and then realize...wait !! I don't have that :p so it seems I will adapt to swyping rather quickly when it becomes avail to us :)

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious iPad Air🎀

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh yah I'm really excited about Swype. It's brilliant on my SGIII.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice