Coming back to iphone from moto x

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all!

Coming back to my trusty iP5 from the moto x. I was also using a Note 2.

Sooooo glad to be back and if anyone's having the itch to switch and wanna ask anything about my experiences, views or reasons for switching back, please feel free to ask

I won't lie, iOS 8 really made my decision a lot easier

Sent from my blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back to iOS. I run both Android and iOS devices too as do quite a few of us on here.

I use whatever suits my needs and that's the great beauty of competition; it creates choice. :)

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have an android itch! Mostly because iPhone and gmail equal a terrible email experience. What made you come back to ios. As I have a feeling I would end up coming back haha

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome back to the bright side! :)
I have an android itch! Mostly because iPhone and gmail equal a terrible email experience. What made you come back to ios. As I have a feeling I would end up coming back haha

Even with the gmail app? The stock mail app sucks, but I've had a really good experience with the gmail app on my iPad and iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It takes so long for the app to open. Also in stock app it takes forever for anything to load. I dunno maybe it's like that with android also. Just my opinion!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It takes so long for the app to open. Also in stock app it takes forever for anything to load. I dunno maybe it's like that with android also. Just my opinion!

It loads pretty fast on my iPad mini first gen, and iPhone 4s-both have the same processor. A lot of it depends on network speed. When using 20+Mbps internet, it loads my emails really fast! On 3G, it takes 5 seconds.

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Don't do it! Gmail app is add good on ios I feel. No real difference

Posted via iMore App

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You could very well be right! I would think gmail experience on stock android would be great. Not speaking from experience though. I should just switch email but I have so many labels and emails filed away the thought of switching pains me! Also I feel gmail has ios email blown away when using a desktop? Just completely torn on what to do. I feel like its 2010 and I am going back and forth between bb and apple haha

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You could very well be right! I would think gmail experience on stock android would be great. Not speaking from experience though. I should just switch email but I have so many labels and emails filed away the thought of switching pains me! Also I feel gmail has ios email blown away when using a desktop? Just completely torn on what to do. I feel like its 2010 and I am going back and forth between bb and apple haha

I've even heard die hard android fans complain that google makes their iOS apps better than they make their android apps, just to throw that in. :)

I've used gmail on both iOS and android, and unless some major update was pushed to the android version in last few months, they are identical.

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
The stock email on my moto x was basically a re badged Gmail app. I too agree that it is identical to the ios version and isn't superior

Posted via iMore App

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I use both the Moto X and iPhone 5. For me each have their advantages and disadvantages.

What made you come back to the iPhone?

Last edited:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can never go back to Android now...The UI just isn't as good as IOS' to me, and on the apps front Apple has it won, so I don't see any reason to switch.

For me, it's about Windows Phone and iOS, nothing else. Both are good enough for my total sum of needs.

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I use both the Moto X and iPhone 5. For me each have their advantages and disadvantages.

What made you come back to the iPhone?

Funnily enough, I just replied to your post on AC to see if you were still on the moto x.

To be honest, IOS 8 had a lot to do with my decision to switch back. I still really like the X and may even continue using it till fall then switch back.

The main things I like about android are included in iOS 8 and if they make a 4.7" screen size in a device size similar to the x it'll be perfect

I also really like imessage and facetime as my kids both have iPad mini's and don't like hangouts

What do you find you miss about each when you switch between them?

Posted via iMore App

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I know now with me switching to more cross platform apps and the stability of a stock Android experience in 2014, I'm actually looking for another Moto X as I'd like to switch between the 5 and the Moto X at my leisure!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234