What were the most disappointing things of the WWDC 2014 keynote?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It was a little disappointing we didn't get to see actual hardware...If only we got to see glimpses of new Macs or iPhones, my excitement level would have to gone to 20...lol

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It was a little disappointing we didn't get to see actual hardware...If only we got to see glimpses of new Macs or iPhones, my excitement level would have to gone to 20...lol

Apple has used WWDC many times in the past to announce new hardware but many forget that it is a developer conference. Google took a lot of heat in 2013 for no new Nexus devices at Google I/O but these are developer events, developers aren't interested in updated hardware, developers are about software. Today was all about software and tons of stuff to help developers so nobody should be disappointed there was no hardware.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Have to say I haven't seen anything that had disappointed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Trolling android, a huge disappointment. Bad enough having to put up with rubbish like that on the forums, without some grown man performing as such. Guess he knows his own market.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Trolling android, a huge disappointment. Bad enough having to put up with rubbish like that on the forums, without some grown man performing as such. Guess he knows his own market.

I agree. I was less than thrilled with his bashing of android and then he turns around and announces something android has had for the longest. Other than that, I'm happy with the new features of iOS 8 and can't wait until the Fall.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
That their wasn't any hardware shown that I could preorder lol. Guess will have to wait probably for their September iPhone/ipod event

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No announcement of iTunes Radio launching in Canada...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I agree. It seemed really beneath Apple (though I know they've done it before). Let the platform speak for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No control over animations. It's still either all or none. I was hoping for separate toggles for weather, Parallax, and etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iMore Forums.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I kinda wanted to see a Apple TV update. Both hardware and software. But realize that may have been hard to fit in the keynote with everyone else.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I kinda wanted to see a Apple TV update. Both hardware and software. But realize that may have been hard to fit in the keynote with everyone else.

Yeah, I wondered if the Apple TV stuff just didn't get enough time for the folks to present during the keynote...I was looking forward to it as well.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have very low expectations for these things so to even call it a disappointment is probably slightly overstating it. But the following are things i wanted to see that i didn't get. Forgive me if some of these things were included in ios 8 or can be done already and i've missed it. But like ta hear it here it go.

• A Dark IOS Theme. I'm not even talking black i'd settle for blue and make the menus grey or something instead of white. (i'd have settled for a ios 6 "classic" theme). Reason: eye strain.
  • Ability in the settings to NOT display album art in the music player lists (song, Artists,etc).
  • Ability in the settings to disable that downloaded artist image in music player artists lists.
  • Ability to add words to autocorrect dictionary.
  • Ability to display Square pictures in the contacts menu. Circular pictures make a bunch of my images chop peoples heads off because they are framed bottom corner to opposite top corner so the face isn't exactly centered. For example one image is of an old friend at a party drinking straight from a champagne bottle and his head is to the left of the frame and the bottle spans across to the top corner. with a circle image it ends up being his hand, lips and the middle of the bottle. as a general comment i get if you don't want people altering the main theme to make it unrecognizable as a apple product like third party themes do. But i've never understoods apple's take it or leave it attitude on some small things that don't effect the aesthetic but more just preference on ease of use. Like i have a **** ton of music on my device locally and art in lists wastes screen space. It's like two or three entries per screen which ends up meaning more scrolling in lists. And things like displaying the shuffle buttons at the bottom means i hit them accidentally. Why can't i disable them or have them at the top like before? Because i never ever use shuffle.

• They didn't make a new light weight itunes.
  • They didn't fix issues iTunes has had for 3 or 4 phones now like scrambling artwork and failing to read the actual embedded artwork. That's been around since like itunes 9 and the Apple forums are filled with that problem yet Apple acts like it's never happened. Even though there's threads with the same problem on ios, 5, 6, 7, iphone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, and every version of itunes since 9 if not before.
  • Itunes still can't batch import or export playlists.
  • Itunes still doesn't monitor folders on external drives.
  • An AppleTV that's more than an Apple content delivery system. Though i've zero expectation they'll make a player that fits my need to play all my local content in a variety of containers and codecs, audio formats, etc.

Regardless, like i said, i have low expectations so though i'd have like to see some things like those I can't remotely say i was surprised.

Last edited:

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
No new model hardware announcements! Just operating systems and that it! Kind of boring and disappointing to sit and watch it play through. Kind of a waste of time!