One thing that always pulls me into the Apple iPhone love

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Granted, I have always had my share of devices of all types, from Android phones to iPhones, but I have always managed to come back to my first love that is iOS. There are a couple of reasons for that, all of which have stuck with me for a good long time since I started using the platform.

I still haven't found a platform that is as smooth and as visually attractive as iOS, I have liked instances of Android where I went WoW, but it had always been a restrained kind of liking. This is because Android apps seem to have always been the clunkier cousins of their iOS multi-platform versions, if there were any, and that is evident in almost every app I have used on iOS that has had a presence on both platforms or even on Windows Phones and Blackberries.

Take Tweetbot, for instance, I have never used a smoother Twitter client app to this day. The tweets pop out on the retina screen, something Android phones still fail to do better even with their allegedly better display technologies. The tweets are laid out really good on the 4 inch screen, they scroll smooth and clicking on navigation elements are on command. Button presses never lag, try as anyone could, they show no signs of lethargy.

Simply put, such a powerful framework exists on such a slight platform that requires far less space on a phone's disk drive. For me that's how Apple has always been doing on their devices. Efficient in software and, although still lacking in areas where better navigation flow could be achieved, still by far the smoothest interface on mobile devices today.

What do you think? Does the love for iOS still linger in your life because of good software? Voice out here!

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I switched for the apps and how a phone could work so fast without a lot of ram. I was also attracted by the design of the 4S.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday, I spend almost 4 hours setting up my m-i-l's Moto G. It involved transferring all her images, contacts, etc from her Nokia Asha to the Moto G and I was so glad that I am on iOs. I hated Android on the HTC wildfire and I still can't get used to it. It is just too complicated :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The apps are much better on iOS and the total experience is more user friendly. Some Android phones do have richer colors on the display, but it's not anything that would cause me to switch. I like the stability of the iPhone.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Tweebot, to me, is the best app of all time. The way it utilizes the features it is granted to have on iOS is beyond anything I've seen from mobile apps. Ever. If those devs were on the team of the official Instagram app, Instagram would be beautiful.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Tweebot, to me, is the best app of all time. The way it utilizes the features it is granted to have on iOS is beyond anything I've seen from mobile apps. Ever. If those devs were on the team of the official Instagram app, Instagram would be beautiful.

Heck, even the iOS version of Instagram rocks more than the Android version. The original of originals still is the better version.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
As crazy as this may sound, and I'm probably alone in thinking this but iTunes is a big reason why I always end up back in iOS. The ease of syncing everything is made so easy via iTunes. I've tried 3rd party solutions on Android and it just never works out for me. People may hate iTunes but I for one love it and won't use any other software.

Another reason which is very important to me is the iPhone's music player UI. I'm long past carrying a separate music device with me and having a good music player on my phone is crucial for me. I've tried all the best Android music players, and while they are good and provide EQ settings, I find their UI and lousy 3rd party iTunes sync something to be desired. All iPhone needs is proper EQ customization, and I have a feeling that with Beats acquisition that will be coming in the future.

Simply put, iOS and iPhone just has what I need in a phone and that's all I really care about. Now just bring me a full HD 4.7"+ screen and I'll be set for life :D

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes I love iOS. I find the touch response the best on the market, the clean set up, the font, basically everything that it has I love. There could be changes yes but I'm happy with the product at this point in time. iTunes and iCloud are also very important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

petvas72

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I tried an HTC One M8 for the last three weeks, but now I am back to my iPhone 5S. I have to say, that I feel more happy with my iPhone. The clean interface, the better display (color accuracy is much better on the iPhone), the tight integration with my Macs, and the small things, the attention to detail that only Apple gives to its devices, made me come back.
Android is a good OS, but lacks polish and the basic stuff are done better on an iPhone.
I love the iCloud integration with all of my devices. Everything is in sync, and I don't have to worry about it at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried an HTC One M8 for the last three weeks, but now I am back to my iPhone 5S. I have to say, that I feel more happy with my iPhone. The clean interface, the better display (color accuracy is much better on the iPhone), the tight integration with my Macs, and the small things, the attention to detail that only Apple gives to its devices, made me come back.
Android is a good OS, but lacks polish and the basic stuff are done better on an iPhone.
I love the iCloud integration with all of my devices. Everything is in sync, and I don't have to worry about it at all.

'Nuf said...:)

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The thing I hope apple doesn't do is keep making things simpler and simpler to the point where it's not appealing for power users anymore. I don't know if there on that course or not, but it's something I could see happen if there not careful. I'm still unsure how I feel about a possible OSX redesign that's going to flatten and potentially strip some stuff. I'd rather have functionality than aesthetics.

Angela0512

Banned
May 7, 2014
Visit site
I have used Nokia, Samsung and Apple iPhone mobile phone so far, but I found that no smart phone can be comparable with the iPhone, because Apple products have a better design and more flexible software, this is also the reason why the individual devices can not be comparable.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I hear that a lot if people are having stability issues due to 7.1, though.

Ios is so stable so that when there is a new release of ios and a dot is missing, the ios users find it to be a frustrating issue, but that's because they are hooked to the ios stability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I hear that a lot if people are having stability issues due to 7.1, though.

I think the percentage numbers for these stability issues are largely smaller than the ones that do have stability issues on other platforms I'm sure.

Last edited:

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I think the percentage numbers for these stability issues are largely smaller than the one that do have stability issues on other platforms I'm sure.

Perhaps.

On the flip side of that I'm not 100 percent sure why some people say android is unstable . On recent hardware I found it as smooth as iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods