Passbook: how many people use it?

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
So I have seen other posts about this but just wanted something simpler to reference to. How many of you guys use the Passbook app? More specifically, who keeps the location services on with passbook to get the full use out of it?
For me, I use it for my Frys food V.I.P. Card and it's nice that it automatically pops up on my lock screen when I arrive at the local Frys by my house. Only concern I have...does it use up too much battery? not sure but it's nice to use.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've never used it. I honestly think things like this are a bit of a fad at the moment. Until the world settles on one type of standard, there will be far too many different apps, ways and methods to actually be useful.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't even know how to use it! What is it? Lol

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If the Tim Horton's app had passbook integration I would be using the passbook app a lot more but right now I don't even use it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
put it in my? Outer Darkness' file don't know where it is now !

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

bravesfan007

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I started to use it and then I realized about the only common use for it I would have is for my Starbucks card. Since it's just that, I would rather just open the app.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I wish my insurance company used ID cards with it.... It's hidden in a folder with stocks, settings and weather

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I started to use it and then I realized about the only common use for it I would have is for my Starbucks card. Since it's just that, I would rather just open the app.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

This is kinda what I think I'm going to do with my Frys card. I figure to have passbook locate all day so it knows when I'm near my local frys grocery store would is probably eating up battery life.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Used it twice for movies. Bought the ticket in fandango then opens up in passbook. At the movies they scan the on screen barcode and I'm in.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I use it regularly for Starbucks, Walgreens, and AAA and have also used it for boarding passes/tickets for Amtrak.

The Location feature makes it really convenient for Starbucks and Walgreens. They automatically show up on the Lock Screen if you have that enabled.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox