Cellular data: how much are you using?

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey imore! Recently I received a text notice as to how much data I have been using on my shared plan with AT&T. I still have about 14 days left in this billing cycle and I myself have used about 5.6gb already 😧, where as my wife has only used just shy of 1gb. We have the 10gb shared plan. This prompted me into looking at my previous months usage and it looks like I use anywhere between 4-6(sometimes 7)gb of data at any given month. Below is my typical daily usage:

🔵Streaming music-Spotify. Usually at the gym and sometimes at work
🔵browsing the web-general browsing, nothing crazy
🔵twitter
🔵Facebook
🔵YouTube-while at work periodically throughout the day (this seems to be where a lot of data is used)
🔵general use like texting, etcetera

My wife:
🔴streaming music-slacker
🔴general web browsing (I assume)
🔴general use like texting, etcetera
🔴occasional vine vid/YouTube vid via mms
🔴Facebook

So, here's my question to you. How much data do you typically use in any given billing cycle(or month)? Please include details of your typical daily usage. It will be interesting to see how every uses their phones. 📱

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've got T-Mobile. When I'm in their signal area, I use the heck out of it. I average about 10GB a month. I don't use WiFi at all when at home or work...

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
About 5 GB average per month. I have a cap of about 6 GB but it's a flex plan so I can use upto a max 13 GB @ $15 per GB I go over 6 GB. I should mention I don't have LTE in my area so I only get DC-HSDPA. Also I usually use wifi since it's more reliable than cellular data, but the last 2 weeks of my plan I use cellular data only.
- App updates under 100 MB
- YouTube videos in 1080p (not often)
- Facebook, Twitter, Google plus
- Tapatalk
- Tunein Radio Pro; 128kbps mp3 or 32kbps acc streams
- Web browsing
- Push notification for sports apps
- iMessage
- the odd game online

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying to adjust from an unlimited plan for my iPhone only and 3GB for my iPad to a shared 10 GB plan. Currently I have 5 days remaining on my billing cycle, and at almost 8GB of use. I have used mine for: YouTube, Vevo, updating and downloading apps, music, web browsing, watching shows on Showtime and HBOGo, and using apps. Most of this on my iPad. I have used 1GB at the most on my iPhone.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Consider yourself very lucky. The german providers charge the heck out of their customers when it comes to data. I have an average (and rather old) t-mobile plan with 300MB data. The newer plans at around 40? include 750MB I think. If you want 1-3 GB you really have to pay a lot (like 50-80?)... T-mobile may be more on the expensive side but other providers are not so much butter/cheaper.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Me, by myself? probably not even a gig, but sharing with one of my sons leads to almost 4 gigs per month. #smh

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have an unlimited plan, but at least 85% of that is on WiFi. So I would say about a gig.
With the exception of the past few days where I've been busy away from home, I'm usually on Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi w/VPN, if I'm on a public hotpot.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a 4gb shared plan with my son, daughter and my wife. We have only gone over one time. We use mostly wifi. Myself, I use around 1 gb per month maybe a little less.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
With the exception of the past few days where I've been busy away from home, I'm usually on Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi w/VPN, if I'm on a public hotpot.

There's not to many places anymore, where I can't hook up to wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
We share 4 gb on 4 phones with Verizon's share everything plan. We all use wifi most of the time. So we average about 1.7 gb a month total between 4 phones.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
For 3 devices on Verizon network I use about 3gb of data per month. I'm mostly on WiFi at home and the office

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a 20gb shared plan on Verizon. Minus my hotspots, I have two iPhones and an iPad. Each of those devices uses about 2gb monthly. We stay on wifi at home at night but use all of our devices extensively during the day.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am using 1200mb a month and have a 1gb data plan. After 1 gb the speed gets capped, but I don't have to pay extra. In September I'm getting a new data plan of 5gb a month

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2