What is your perfect device?

elliott436

May 5, 2014
Visit site
At my job I ask this question a lot " Hi what is your perfect device" I like to get a customers perspective as to what they think is their perfect device.
So my fellow ios addicts I ask this to you "what is your perfect device" you can throw in specs, features, dimensions, etc!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My perfect device is one that does what I want it to do when I want to do it. In other words, my iPhone....:)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there will ever be a perfect device, just as much as there is no perfect job or whatever, simply because we live in an imperfect world.

However, if you ask me, iOS is slowly becoming the perfect ecosystem and family of devices for me, because you would seldom see an iPhone or iPad break down if ever. For me reliability means the world, as even the best specifications can often be hamstrung by a buggy and unreliable experience.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
These 3 combined: Project ara smartphone, a OS like the one on the Ubuntu edge phone, and the iOS ecosystem.

Project ara smartphone: since I'm a PC gamer I like to be able to change parts as needed and as often as I want plus I like having a phone with fast performance when needed and battery saving when needed.

OS like the one on the Ubuntu edge phone: I would love to have a desktop and mobile OS on one device. I could come home to dock my phone and connect a monitor (or TV) and a keyboard and mouse and use it as a desktop OS to just browse the web or stream movies or play a few simple games. Then when I'm going some where I can switch to the mobile OS. Plus I can make/answer calls and receive/reply to texts weather I'm using the desktop part or mobile part.

iOS ecosystem: I have invested too much in apps and music to switch to another platform.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
A device that is a perfect hybrid of an iPhone and an iPad. Apps look and work well on it, it would be easy to both produce and consume media on it, and it would not look like you have a huge device against your face if you needed to talk on it.
It would have to be thin and light in weight; a battery life that could manage a rigorous workday. And it should be easy to use.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Elliott

IMore members use multi platforms and are not considered addicts but we prefer iPhones mostly and with that said I would say the perfect device is the one I have with me at the moment

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
An iPhone the size of my Moto X. I miss my iPhone 5 and iOS in particular (which my wife continues to use) but when I pick it up it is too small. The Moto X on the other hand has considerably more screen real estate and I can still use it comfortably with one hand.

Sent from my Moto X...

HeLLb0y

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I figured I jump on this. My perfect device would be an iPhone with a 5in screen. Still pocketable, you can weld it with one hand. Sometimes I wonder what an iPhone with the S5 specs would be like. Most excellent I'm sure. OIS 16mp camera, quad core, 2gb Ram, whatever size battery is in the S5. That really would be awesome. If apple really does release even a 4.7in screen....I'd be happy with that.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Someone who changes devices often (I have a problem I know) this is hard. When I had the iPhone 5 I thought it was but I got bored of it. Right now I would say a 4.7-5 inch size. 13-16MP camera. Higher MP front facing camera. Slightly higher PPI maybe not "2k". Dual speakers on the bottom. iOS 8 with a different look or arrangement of the icons. Bigger battery. Quad core and more ram. And not really part of the phone but I wouldn't mind black or even space gray ear pods.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. GREAT question. MY perfect device would probably be a combination of my two current devices (5s/Note3)....right now anyway and/or when the next best thing arrives...SMILE. Not sure their will ever be a "PERFECT" device for ME, because I'm GREEDY and feel there is always room for improvement know matter the OS or device.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
4"-4.5" screen.
350 PPI or higher.
2GHz quad core. (Snapdragon preferred)
3-4 GB RAM.
HDMI output.
4K video recording.
Decent camera.
4 or more output speakers.
32GB or higher on board storage.
External storage up to 128GB.

Think I'm done. LOL ^_^

I think...

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
A larger iPhone with a hybrid osx and ios interface that will let me use my phone on the go or dock it on a Mac and all of my stuff with me all the time. And give me a 5 inch screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
4"-4.5" screen.
350 PPI or higher.
2GHz quad core. (Snapdragon preferred)
3-4 GB RAM.
HDMI output.
4K video recording.
Decent camera.
4 or more output speakers.
32GB or higher on board storage.
External storage up to 128GB.

Think I'm done. LOL ^_^

I think...

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.

All these with decent battery life, I'm assuming...

elliott436

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Elliott

IMore members use multi platforms and are not considered addicts but we prefer iPhones mostly and with that said I would say the perfect device is the one I have with me at the moment

Thank you I'm in the same boat multi device user as the rest of you, but what if we could eliminate walking around with 2-3 device and just have one! That's why I asked what would be your perfect device.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox