New phone, old pad???

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that I "must" have the latest and greatest iPhone, but I can let the iPad get 2 or 3 generations old before I "need" a new one?

Rhetorical....Just wondering how people feel about when their devices are outdated.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I think it's because a phone is something that's usually always on our person, so we use it more and want that experience always better and better.

A tablet is something you only use at certain time in the day.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I am exactly the same way. Must get the latest iPhone 6 when it launches but my iPad 2 can wait, even though I probably use it more than the iPhone currently.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My phone is with me all the time and my iPad is generally for media consumption so it doesn't need to be the latest and greatest

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Also, people are probably paying for an iPad outside of the necessity that is the iPhone, and thus don't see a need to put extra expenses per year because of that.

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Nice to see a fair split between everything new and having new phone/old pad.

I always want a new phone, but I can almost never justify it. I got a friend at work with an iPhone 3 Jesus. He uses it to monitor the security cameras in his home, Twitter, Facebook (I think), company email, private email, a little gaming, plus phone, internet, and text. We make about $150,000/year, so it's not money.

I wonder how much of the new phone drama is ego driven. I don't do anything on my phone where retina display would be a deal breaker. I don't need the fingertip unlock. I'm not going to take any mind blowing photos, so I don't need a better camera. As I'm getting older, I do want a bigger screen if I can get it. And I have a great appreciation for extra RAM. RAM is the only reason I got an iPad 3 this month to replace my fist gen iPad.

In theory, I could probably go skip every other phone. Maybe skip two models.

In reality, I can't do that. I'll pay the $250=500-whatever just to get that one new feature.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner