Honestly thinking of replacing my Apple TV with a roku..

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I'm getting tired of the lack of channels on my Apple TV and I'm thinking of just getting a roku 3 instead. I get that I can AirPlay stuff, but I'd rather have a dedicated app I think.

But here's the thing, I have no clue what WWDC is going to bring as far as Apple TV. Maybe I should wait till then, but since I don't buy video content in iTunes I'm thinking the roku might be better due to content selection. And unless apple opens up the SDK, I'm not sure a new Apple TV is going to solve my problems.

Has anyone who has iOS devices chosen something different than the Apple TV? Does that switch work for you?

rchapman80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I've been contemplating the same thing. I want more channels and more apps. I too don't buy from iTunes except the one or twice a year rent so it wouldn't hurt me to leave. I'm waiting to see what happens but I hope it's worth the wait.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
As someone who has both I can honestly say I use my tv more and I like it better. However, neither is perfect. I can't have one without the other. Roku doesn't have AirPlay and tv doesn't have a lot of channels. Although Apple has been adding channels left and right as of late! Having both means I have the best of both worlds.

Sent from my Retina iPad mini using Tapatalk 2

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
As someone who has both I can honestly say I use my tv more and I like it better. However, neither is perfect. I can't have one without the other. Roku doesn't have AirPlay and tv doesn't have a lot of channels. Although Apple has been adding channels left and right as of late! Having both means I have the best of both worlds.

Sent from my Retina iPad mini using Tapatalk 2

Nailed it!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234