Would You Pay More Money For The New iPhone If Apple Raised The Prices?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If Apple across the board with Iphone the new model kept the same lineup but raised the price $100.00 for instance, Would you still me loyal and buy?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it. $100 more but not bringing anything substantially new across the lineup would certainly cause me to look elsewhere.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on what Apple brings to the table, if the extra amount of money needed really showed a drastic increase in the amount of engineering put into the new phone (which might have very well been, given the leaked photos I have seen), I don't see why an extra 100 dollars would hurt the subsidies much for customers to think twice about purchasing the iPhone 6.

Given Apple's fabulous sales record of the years, I think it's fair to say the new iPhone will sell even more than the last year's, so to me it's a moot point that eventually be swept under the carpet once the new product launches to crazy queues again this year.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the actual cost of the phone is going up, I think the subsidy price is. The next iPhone will still be $650 at an apple store but the 2 year term price is $299 at carrier stores.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the actual cost of the phone is going up, I think the subsidy price is. The next iPhone will still be $650 at an apple store but the 2 year term price is $299 at carrier stores.

People are mostly trading in their phones or selling them in lieu anyways. That 100 dollars could very quickly be recouped with a good sale of old phones, or trade ins, with Apple's good track record with resale prices that stick in the high range for pretty long.

People who can afford phones outright either way would have nothing to worry about.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I would sadly still buy it- I really don't like the android operating system. May cause me to hold onto my phones longer... Maybe...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
People are mostly trading in their phones or selling them in lieu anyways. That 100 dollars could very quickly be recouped with a good sale of old phones, or trade ins, with Apple's good track record with resale prices that stick in the high range for pretty long.

People who can afford phones outright either way would have nothing to worry about.

I'm in Canada it's not that easy here when you have to pay your carrier to unlock your phone even when your contract is up. But the carriers here do have phone trade in so you get credit to go towards your next phone.
I also want to point out that the iPhone 5S in Canada starts at $720 at Apple stores and $230 on a 2 year term.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Canada it's not that easy here when you have to pay your carrier to unlock your phone even when your contract is up. But the carriers here do have phone trade in so you get credit to go towards your next phone.

But the problem may lie in new contract buyers who just happen to want an iPhone for the first time or can't recoup enough from an Android phone. This news might be enough to affect Android users who want to switch to iPhones but decide not to because of the higher price. I foresee this happening.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
But the problem may lie in new contract buyers who just happen to want an iPhone for the first time or can't recoup enough from an Android phone. This news might be enough to affect Android users who want to switch to iPhones but decide not to because of the higher price. I foresee this happening.

You should look at the phone prices here in Canada:
http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Mobile-phones

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/Phones-Devices

A $100 price increase would be bad for me.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I've been considering getting an iPad with cellular data cause it would only cost me $40/month for 5 GB of data

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
First of all you would want to wait out that 5s contract, because, unless you are a T Mobile user in America, it would be hard pressed to get a new phone this year without paying the bucks for it.

That is assuming you are used to paying such amounts of money, but you seem to be the opposite, so I would say it will be tough.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
First of all you would want to wait out that 5s contract, because, unless you are a T Mobile user in America, it would be hard pressed to get a new phone this year without paying the bucks for it.

That is assuming you are used to paying such amounts of money, but you seem to be the opposite, so I would say it will be tough.

I'm with bell in Canada.
I know as a Canadian we don't need price increases at all weather it's phones or plans right now.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm with bell in Canada.
I know as a Canadian we don't need price increases at all weather it's phones or plans right now.

It would be pretty much the whole thing, wouldn't it? Which makes me think if Apple really has something against Canadians haha...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It would be pretty much the whole thing, wouldn't it? Which makes me think if Apple really has something against Canadians haha...

No, it's bell, Rogers, telus & the government of Canada that's the problem. They are the ones that control phones and services here.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No, it's bell, Rogers, telus & the government of Canada that's the problem. They are the ones that control phones and services here.

Well ,Apple increasing 100 dollars on those Canadian carriers wouldn't be out of the question.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well ,Apple increasing 100 dollars on those Canadian carriers wouldn't be out of the question.

The carriers won't care about the price increase, consumers will. Rogers just posted their Q1 2014 results and had a ARPU (average revenue per user) of $57.63 (down $2.05 from a year ago). But if Apple does increase the iPhone price so will other phone makers. Believe it or not mid-range phones are more popular in Canada than flagship phones. Also with the nexus 5 priced at $350 outright apple might want to rethink there possible price increase.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Many iPhone users can barely scrape up $200 for a new iPhone every 2 years. If the lowest priced iPhone 6 is $299., then many will be forced to switch to plans like AT&T's Next or Verizon's Edge.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711