Would You Pay More Money For The New iPhone If Apple Raised The Prices?

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
If Apple, and only Apple, raised their prices, I would no longer consider an iphone. I feel they are a premium device, but the current price point is as premium as I'd go

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
People who can afford phones outright either way would have nothing to worry about.

I always buy outright, never on contract or subsidised by a carrier. If Apple do decide to put the price up in the UK then you can bet the price of the overall device will go up again.

I say 'again' because it went up from the 4S to 5 to such a degree that I can buy a 64Gb iPhone 5S in the US for the equivalent of $80 less than it would cost me to buy the 16Gb iPhone 5S in the UK... Just rubbish.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If Apple, and only Apple, raised their prices, I would no longer consider an iphone. I feel they are a premium device, but the current price point is as premium as I'd go

Yea, I've been looking at that project ara smartphone, I might get that if iPhone prices increase. I noticed that I just want to switch the CPU and GPU every year or two and everything else as need.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm fairly sure that I'm going to wait for another year before upgrading my iPhone.

But I believe I said that last year, too.

If Apple moves to a 32-64-128 scheme, then I won't mind the price hike.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Since I'm paying full retail if full retail goes up I'll just hold onto my current phone a little longer. No reason for price to increase when it costs under $250 to make. All comes down to greed, not to mention them adding $100 for more storage is the same sort of thing. Unless they start base model at 32gb I won't be paying more.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
With apple being successful I don't know why they would want to raise their prices on their phone.. They might drive customers away by doing that

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
With apple being successful I don't know why they would want to raise their prices on their phone.. They might drive customers away by doing that

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

I doubt it would affect the core consumer group for Apple, but it could sway the neutral consumers (who may have used Android or Windows Phones in the past) away from potentially adding to the sales numbers.

rumpigs

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I will likely buy regardless of price increase but i would pay an extra 250+ on top of that if they can get a battery in there that will last more that 5 hrs under heavy use!!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I will likely buy regardless of price increase but i would pay an extra 250+ on top of that if they can get a battery in there that will last more that 5 hrs under heavy use!!

That would be great, and if they get better battery life than those on the Android side, it could be a huge game changer for Apple.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It all depends on the new features offered of the iPhone 6!

I would pay what ever Apple ask if they go with the 64 bit architecture - meaning at least 4GB RAM and has 802.11ac on it too! But from what I heard; Apple is not keen on moving quickly on this direction. I think they going wait until one of their competitors establish a 64 bit smartphone before the iPhone will get the 64 bit upgrade. That the way Apple is treating it! They just do not want to offer this jump when they don't have to.

So if it is a 5.5" iPhone 6 - what features will it have? What will be the screen resolution; storage options; camera improvements, RAM, thinnest, color, metal case, etc...

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
We are already paying premium price for iPhones. Now if the price goes up by $100 and there is nothing special about iPhone 6 except that its more thin and big then i may not go for it but ill neither go for android. Ill stick to my iPhone 5 & see whats in store for iPhone 6s.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
If Apple across the board with Iphone the new model kept the same lineup but raised the price $100.00 for instance, Would you still me loyal and buy?

Haven't regretted any of the iPhones i have purchased yet, yea it think I would pay more.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
If it's pretty much the 5s with minimal spec or size bump, probably not. However, I'd have to see it to make that judgements. I still hope they'll drop 16GB from the lineup and start with 32GB.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If it's pretty much the 5s with minimal spec or size bump, probably not. However, I'd have to see it to make that judgements. I still hope they'll drop 16GB from the lineup and start with 32GB.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

16 GB should be the norm from this generation forward. I don't see how can the Cloud argument can keep us believing in the usual needlessness for local storage. Local storage still needs to hold its weight for movies at least.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If Apple across the board with Iphone the new model kept the same lineup but raised the price $100.00 for instance, Would you still me loyal and buy?

I would rather apple came out with an iPhone pro that retailed for $1500.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If they ever did bring up the price of the newer iPhones do you think it would be to get back to its roots of exclusivity? Or is it more of a greed thing?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
If they ever did bring up the price of the newer iPhones do you think it would be to get back to its roots of exclusivity? Or is it more of a greed thing?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Likely a bit of both. However, there is a lot of competition. They may make a device with insane pricing but they won't butcher their whole line up...

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Likely a bit of both. However, there is a lot of competition. They may make a device with insane pricing but they won't butcher their whole line up...

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.

Yeah, they would be losing a good percentage of market share from the borderline users who aren't really invested in Apple's ecosystem.

I seriously hope Apple reconsiders this position and think about the repercussions of jacking their prices up more than it has already been.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
iPhones are worth every penny even when you're buying it full price/off-contract. So if I had to pay an extra $100 for it on contract, it wouldn't be a problem.

Price increase it not, once the new iPhone comes out, it will sell like crazy.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1398285285.450793.jpg