What made you switch to Apple?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't say I'm completely switched to Apple. I am using their hardware but few of their services.

My first Apple product was a third gen iPod in 2003. Everyone told me the iPod was horrible. I tried a bunch of MP3 players and hated them all. Got the iPod and loved it immediately. I had a couple more iPods over the years; all HDD models. That was also the year I graduated high school and for graduation I got my first Windows laptop.

Fast Forward to 2007. As soon as Steve Jobs held the iPhone up on stage I knew THAT was the device I had been dreaming of forever. I had been going through cell phones and various PDAs for YEARS every 2-3 months because I would grow to hate what ever device I was using or I saw something new I wanted to try. I was in line to buy the iPhone day one. In December of 2007 I bought my second Windows laptop.

Fast Forward some more to early 2012. I've been loving my iPhone but am getting a little bored of iOS and my iPhone 4. Don't really think Android is for me. I decide to use my AT&T upgrade to buy a Nokia Lumia 900. Didn't last very long with it...WP7 was a major step back IMO from iOS at the time. I ditched the Lumia and bought a Galaxy Nexus sometime in the late summer. I did like Android at first; it was new fresh and there was lots for me to play with. But then...I started to notice all the other things about Android. Small quirks and bugs all over. Inconsistent UI across the entire system; even Android itself wasn't consistent IMO. Apps were of noticeably lower quality. In January 2013 my GNexus was acting up at the mall one night and I got SUPER angry. I just happened to be at a mall with an Apple Store at the time and bough an unlocked iPhone 5 right there and then.

After I got the iPhone 5 I immediately felt like a weight had been lifted off my chest. I was no longer concerned with how boring iOS might be. All I wanted was to use a phone and not have to worry about it, ever.

I got a 2013 Moto X during the cyber Monday sale. It never became my daily driver really. Every time I would intent to spend extended time with it after 2-3 days I would start to get annoyed. It was a nice device...IMO hampered by Android's quirks. My iPhone 5 was just so reliable and trusty I just couldn't go without it. At some point over the summer there was a thread here on iMore people talking about big phones. I came to the realization that I did actually want the big screen of the Moto X but with iOS displayed on that big screen.

Obviously I now have the iPhone 6 (sold the Moto X). Not sure I will be able to part with my iPhone 5; keeping it for sure as back up. After I got the iPhone 6 I couldn't put it down. At home I was not even using my Windows laptop or desktop. They had become a burden to use with constant updates...flash player...java...and my laptop is showing its age and is really only good for browsing the web.

On black Friday I bought a MacBook Pro!!!! Loving it so far.

YuriyK

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I got tired of dealing with constant bugs, bad functionality. Now I can't imaging myself using something else other than Apple.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
For computers, I've been with Apple since 2009. That was when I was last due for an upgrade and made the switch to Apple. On the phone side, I was a BlackBerry fan because they made the best mobile phones. Then Apple and the iPhone came along and I switched. Haven't looked back.

ry4

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't happy with the direction Windows was going and Linux lacks many programs so I just made the switch to a Mac (rMBP). So far I'm happy I did.
Still using Android though (not completely sold on iOS yet).

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I've been playing musical chairs with mobile devices for years now. I got fed up with Android's unreliability, I got really bummed that Blackberry gave up on native apps, I figured it was time to get all my devices connected anyway. I'm having issues with continuity right now but otherwise it's been great.

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I switched to Apple to develop on their iOS platform.

I have 3 iPad, an iPod and an iPhone of which none are being used other than for testing my apps on. It seems such as waste for one person to have.

The iPhone is my only phone and is never used other than for Two-factor authentication which are very rare cases. I don't make phone calls because I am hearing impaired.

Ger1980

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Gapless playback for my music is the main reason I switched to apple. But now that it's been broken for the last few years on iOS I'm kinda pissed now.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Another thing I really love about Apple is the presence of the iTunes store and iTunes Match. It's my music streaming service of choice, so that's always another reason I will stick with Apple.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Back to 2009, I was using the Nokia N97 and the wife was using the iPhone 3G. I wouldn't even want to touch her phone as I found it useless those days technologies, it couldn't Bluetooth share things, no much of application for it, it wasn't customizable like my Nokia N97, no whether at lockscreen, no physical keyboard and the battery can't be swapped. Then one day, her iPhone got stacked and needed a full reinstall, she couldn't do it so I decided read about it to help her reinstall it upon which I had a chance to play with it more than I ever agreed to play with an iPhone. I then realize that the scrolling was way smoother than the Nokia, and when looking at the glass screen, it feels great compared to my Nokia. So I asked my wife to exchange our phones for a week since her iPhone is misbehaving (actually I was just willing to try out iPhone and see how it goes) after that one week of testing it, I swear I will never use anything else than iPhone again. No call drops like on the Nokia, no sudden phone offing and auto rebooting, I would reboot my Nokia 5 times a day in order to have it do what it was designed for. But the iPhone, that thing just works. When the new iPhone 4 was introduced, I picked up my first iPhone ever and since, I haven't changed to any other platform. And I'm happy that I haven't look back since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I changed to Apple in 2005. I was on a small vacation over Christmas and needed a computer for some work. I didn't lug my desktop replacement HP laptop (too heavy to travel with) with me on vacation. There was an Apple store closer to me than Circuit City (remember them?) and everything was closing early (Christmas Eve). So I went to the Apple store (never been into one before this) and purchased the cheapest laptop they had to use for work then planned to return it after the weekend. I went thru the setup of the laptop and it found the hotel's WiFi, which for me at the time was miraculous as I had trouble setting myself up on networks back then. The whole process was so easy. I didn't need to download Adobe to read the pdf I was reading, etc. I went back to the Apple store and did return it, but upgraded to the 15" from the 12"! I was hooked. Apple made it easy and 'just worked' resonated from then on.

My first computer ever though was an Apple IIe, which never left an impression on me, except that I wish now that I'd kept it around as a memento.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll be getting a MacBook Pro this year. It will be my first.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

pinero24

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I switched just because I wanted to see first hand what I was missing plus I had a miserable experience with the droid bionic, not saying android isn't a good OS but the bionic sucked, iPhone has many advantages over android but...I'm home sick I miss the android world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73