What made you switch to Apple?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
What was it that made you switch to Apple products? Was it a problem with a previous device? I switched because I got tired of dealing with the constant tweaking of my previous device to get it to perform the way I wanted it to. Let us know what made you switch.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd longed for an iPhone for a while and spent a considerable amount of time touting Android over iPhone/iOS ONLY because it was exclusive to AT&T at the time and I couldn't get one. Once Verizon picked up the iPhone 4, I was on it!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I had no choice but to move on to another platform. webOS lost support so I checked the playing field and decided on the iPhone.

I feel I made the right choice in fact I'm positive iOS is a perfect match to my daily life

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I got tired of where BB was going and friends swore by iPhone. I knew exactly what my next phone was going to be and have not looked back yet.

rgorman

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I got tired of where BB was going and friends swore by iPhone. I knew exactly what my next phone was going to be and have not looked back yet.

I had the same feelings. The BB was great and I loved it and never really wanted an iPhone. Then came the BB massacre and promises of the new Q this and Z that would be out "soon". "Soon" STILL hasn't arrived yet. I switched to a 5c in November and in general, I'm okay with it. A bit fiddly sometimes getting the calendars to all sync up correctly, but I manually double check each week to make sure things got put in the right place at the right time. I wasn't particularly looking for an iPhone, so I looked at some of the other offerings out there and the iPhone form factor was a better fit for me; smaller and easier to manhandle. Even learned to type decently with my banana-fingers.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I honestly switched for the sound quality and the excellent screen on the iPhone. I'm a massive multimedia person and I'm always watching or listening to something. Android just has way too much background noise or a "high noise floor" as it's properly called. The iPhone never had this and it didn't make sense why an Android device would. I've had a lot of issues with the screens on android phones as well. Some were great but burned in badly due to the amoled technology. Some had bad light bleed which annoyed me. I chose Apple because the products are simple and done properly. The quality of everything about an Apple product is just unmatched.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I simply wanted to taste the forbidden fruit. I was a hard core Androidian. I never had used an iPhone. Then this pretty blue device showed up in my store and started catching my eye.

I have loved my 5c ever since. Still love it after buying a 5s...

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

RollTideFanGrl

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I love Blackberry, but after 5 years I wanted something different and it wasn't Android. Still can't figure out what took me so long to get an iPhone.

Sent from iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I love Blackberry, but after 5 years I wanted something different and it wasn't Android. Still can't figure out what took me so long to get an iPhone.

Sent from iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I loved Blackberry before too, and then Android, but my first love was Apple so it's hard to tear me away from that.

My first love was Android. However, my little 5c just brings joy to my heart.

I have a BlackBerry Z10 I'm enjoying right now. ^_^

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm going to say I love Apple as well, got the MacBook Pro, ipad 3 but I don't have the phone anymore. I actually switched to BB when the Z came out. I actually just got bored with the phone, it seemed every year they just did a little something different and of course everyone had one. So I'm sure I'll come back but for now it works.

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
The iPod Classic was my first iPod. I loved it! After using the iPod for so long and hearing about the new iPhone my first thought was "Sweet! A phone and an iPod all-in-one. That's exactly what I need." At the time I was using a Motorola Q I believe. I kept switching between all these various "smart" phones and never liked any of them.

After using the iPhone, I realized it was so much more than just a phone and an iPod in one package. I was obsessed with it. Going through college I swore I would never use Macs as a computer but after realizing how amazing they could make a phone, I thought I would give it a try so I bought my first Macbook Pro. I've never looked back since. I'm an Apple fan boy for life.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
My wife got the Iphone 6+ and I thought that maybe it could win me back. Nope! I went with the Blackberry Passport and must say, I'm pretty pleased. The 6 looks like great device but it's still an Iphone.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I switched to Apple when the iPhone 3GS came out and I was tired of my blackberry pearl lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Owned nothing but Window's based desktops and laptops up to 2005...I remember every time we went to buy a new one when the other one would conk out that it was never an experience of wanting the computer, but more needing it, and trying to find one that fit the most needs and felt like it was built the best. Had 3 Toshiba Satellite notebooks in a 5 year span, and they were truly awful (one of them being comparable in price to the Apple laptops at the time).

My sister, who was majoring in animation and graphic arts at the time, came over to my mom's place with her shiny new Macbook, and she let me mess with it for an hour or so and I was instantly hooked. I loved the primitive OS X variant, I loved the fit and finish, and mostly, the things I needed to do on a computer were must simpler tasks.

I went and bought one the next week...and never looked back. I had an iPod at that point, but never really considered Apple's computers because of where they entered the market on price. The apple store guy wasn't pushy, and left me with a thought when I was ready to leave and think about the decision..."You've spent "x" amount on Toshiba laptops in the last 3 years, and were never happy...what if you spent that on one device and it served you beyond your expectations for the same amount of time?"

Sales tactic? Absolutely. But you know what, it was true. Right now I'm typing this on a 2012 MBP customized to the gills and it functions absolutely flawlessly. I tend to clamor over new Apple products each year when they come out, but in terms of laptops, even after owning a retina model, I still go back to this one, because it is perfect for me...almost 3 years later. In a world of short lived technology, this thing is a dinosaur, but motors around like a damn thoroughbred.

The iPhone did the exact same thing for me...breaking me free of my former BB and Palm chains. Never looked back.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife got the Iphone 6+ and I thought that maybe it could win me back. Nope! I went with the Blackberry Passport and must say, I'm pretty pleased. The 6 looks like great device but it's still an Iphone.

Nobody asked or cares what your phone preference is here in this thread discussing switches to Apple products...or for your asinine little pot shot at the end there.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods