I think my smartphone OS quest is done for now

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: So, I'm back and forth again with iOS.

This is me. I've got a Note 3, Lumia 810, BlackBerry Z10, iPhone 5s and 5c.

It would seem I don't like choosing just one. Don't know how you feel about having more than one but for me, it's a blast!

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Well as you know the 5s is an awesome device. You just have to decide which device is best for you.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

This is why I dual wield an iPhone 5 and Moto X. The iPhone remains primary but I like having an Android device on hand for "play".

IMO hold on to your iPhone 5s for now. See how the iPhone 6 shapes up in September.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

With Android, it's easy to determine which app or process is consuming battery. With iOS, it's a hunch and guessing game. Recently on 7.1, I left for work at 100%, only to glance down an hour later to see that battery level had plummeted to 70%. After searching around, noticed in the Diagnostics Logs that the native mail app had crashed about an hour prior to the plummet. Likely that process didn't exit and continued chewing up way more battery than normal. But no way to be sure.

On Android, the default Battery app provides easily accessible and understandable information about which app or process uses battery. Want more details? Go with an app like GSAM.

So, if battery management is a concern, I'd lean toward Android in that case.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

With Android, it's easy to determine which app or process is consuming battery. With iOS, it's a hunch and guessing game. Recently on 7.1, I left for work at 100%, only to glance down an hour later to see that battery level had plummeted to 70%. After searching around, noticed in the Diagnostics Logs that the native mail app had crashed about an hour prior to the plummet. Likely that process didn't exit and continued chewing up way more battery than normal. But no way to be sure.

On Android, the default Battery app provides easily accessible and understandable information about which app or process uses battery. Want more details? Go with an app like GSAM.

So, if battery management is a concern, I'd lean toward Android in that case.

Well, honestly I just think apple makes better products usually. But I think android is a bit better for me right now as far as usability. But I don't know if I can still use my iPad and get a macbook if I'm using a android phone?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I won a galaxy s5 today although I will never give up my iPhone I did play with it today and I get why SOME people would enjoy it's software. I'm not one though

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Well, honestly I just think apple makes better products usually. But I think android is a bit better for me right now as far as usability. But I don't know if I can still use my iPad and get a macbook if I'm using a android phone?

I don't see why not. Devices could be useful in every facet in your life, and they don't have to be all from the same company, at least I don't want my own devices to be.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Apple does make better products. Most of the comparable hardware out there which uses Android is subpar in comparison to Apple hardware. I use a MacBook, iPad, and am pretty much just using a Note 3 exclusively now. I don't see why not having an iPhone should be a problem in relation to having an iPad and MacBook. There is a certain fluidity involved if you're syncing a lot of things like docs and use them on each of your devices. I've come to realize that I use my phone for much different purposes than I do my iPad and MacBook which makes it easier for me to just go with an Android phone as my daily driver.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Apple does make better products. Most of the comparable hardware out there which uses Android is subpar in comparison to Apple hardware. I use a MacBook, iPad, and am pretty much just using a Note 3 exclusively now. I don't see why not having an iPhone should be a problem in relation to having an iPad and MacBook. There is a certain fluidity involved if you're syncing a lot of things like docs and use them on each of your devices. I've come to realize that I use my phone for much different purposes than I do my iPad and MacBook which makes it easier for me to just go with an Android phone as my daily driver.

My uses for a phone seem to be data gathering (sports scores, web browsing, email, twitter, etc.) audio and video consumption, occasional gaming, and some productivity.

And my tablet seems to be mostly a consumption device for games and video. Also web.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I know I said this in the OP, And flip flopped later on, but honestly I'm going back to my iPhone 5S. Nexus 5 battery was the deal breaker. And I feel like my 5S was a better device.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

With so many multi-platform apps and sync options out there, it's no problem using devices from multiple manufacturers/OS. I use iCloud for contacts and calendar on my iPad and MacBook, and have that synced via carddav and caldav to my Android and BlackBerry devices. I also make use of apps like Evernote and Wunderlist for notes and to dos.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal