Will Apple Go Into Double Digit MPs With The New iPhone Camera?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
With most people thinking that the iPhone is the best Smartphone camera out will Apple ever get to a double digit Mega Pixel Camera like many others?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
To what end? Compete with companies that only promote on stats alone?

Whatever Apple does will be done with having a high-end user experience first, specs are not paramount.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I feel like it's probably time to bump the megapixels and at the same time make the camera optics even better

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
They keep dropping the ball. No, they won't change a thing. The camera is bad too. Hope to see some improvements.

Sent from a [Gold] iPhone 5S

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok for those that did not understand where I was going with this - We already know that the software coupled with the camera is what really gives us quality pics so assuming the software stays the same or gets even better, Would you change your mind?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The camera on the 5S is really, really good for a smartphone camera. Bumping up the megapixels doesn't increase quality of anything. Bumping the megapixels all while improving other camera optics that go hand in hand with the megapixel bump, hell yeah. Why not? But if it was just to throw a high spec out there just to say the camera is x number of megapixels would be redundant and smell of Samsung.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The camera on the 5S is really, really good for a smartphone camera. Bumping up the megapixels doesn't increase quality of anything. Bumping the megapixels all while improving other camera optics that go hand in hand with the megapixel bump, hell yeah. Why not? But if it was just to throw a high spec out there just to say the camera is x number of megapixels would be redundant and smell of Samsung.
OK I agree with you 100% and that is why is why I clarified my original statement:
We already know that the software coupled with the camera is what really gives us quality pics so assuming the software stays the same or gets even better//So I hear ya and I know bumping up the MP is not the answer and the bolded part of my statement means more than anything I know this. I am merely trying to ask opinions and I suppose I should have started this to let the posters such as yourselves bring out your opinions as you have. Sorry for the wording but i think I was looking for the same as what you have in mind.

Thank you for your honesty and opinions.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I think they will go to a 10MP sensor.

I'm still often blow away by the photos my iPhone 5 takes. My friends are always asking for copies of my videos and photos I take at concerts. Their Android cameras can't take photos in low light to save their lives. The camera on my Moto X is pretty much only useful outside in the sun.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When i was thinking ofwriting this question to post as well as a guide I just wrote about iphones built in camera feature i found a very good video on Apple's website about the software and cmos sensor and what really makes the camera the quality it is, I might not have made myself very clear in what i was looking for but I was really amazed at the software used as well as putting the entire package together to make it what it is. It is really worth watching the video as a refresher.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Its time that they do. Otherwise they're going to be in the same boat as HTC... camera may be great but people still want to see those specs

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure but ever since apple came out with iPhone I always find the iPhone to have the best camera on their phones compare to others..

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app