If Apple didn't exist, which phone manufacturer/OS would you choose?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Probably a Windows phone of some sort...I still think the Nokia Lumias are pretty attractive devices, I just hate the OS.

I'm thinking of getting a Lumia 635 when it comes out. The green shell ought to compliment my blue 5c.

I had an 822 to play with for a while but I water damaged it.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I would probably still be using Blackberry and getting little urges here and there for whatever Android copies of Blackberry were out there. If Apple decided to skip the phone market then someone would have tried full touchscreen already anyway.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
HTC One M8. My second phone is a M7 and lord I do love the build of the One.

If you ask me a question & don't get an answer, you're likely on ignore on whatever mobile device I'm using today.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
It would be a no brainer for me. I would choose android. It's most like iOS and can imitate the look of it. Not the feel but the iOS look I love.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
The app gap has closed up considerably between Windows Phone and the rest, and with the ground they have made so far, I think they deserve their slice of the pie.

I tried a Lumia 525 and was pleasantly surprised at how well the phone met my needs squarely, and that recently changed my view on the platform. I would consider a future Windows Phone driver, but not anytime soon as I love my iPhones too much currently.

Not to mention android runtime now on BB10 allowing Blackberry users to download and use android apps. It's all pretty much fair game in the app department

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone probably would be a better platform than Android come WP 8.1, and I would like to see a good third player take its place.

WP, 8.1 looks pretty cool. There's just something about Android that isn't my cup'o tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
WP, 8.1 looks pretty cool. There's just something about Android that isn't my cup'o tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe there's a couple of things that Android appeals to me, things like the file system manager, side-loading capabilities and some of the apps on that side, I like Windows Phone more for the interface, the way it allows you to navigate and the built-in sharing mechanics I see in the tile system.

Some native live tile widgets and better multitasking, like not having apps reset themselves ALA iOS style, I wouldn't mind switching.

anon(4777221)

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
None. When blackberry was the only one, I thought their interfaces and design were terrible and still do. Android wouldn't exist without apple as it is now and would be like blackberry. I hate anything windows, user experience is completely lost on them. Probably would still have a flip phone.

alexislgz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I think i would be using a BlackBerry because to me its kind of like the closest thing to an iphone in terms of them making the hardware and software! and my first smartphone was actually a blackberry so yeah.....

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It would probably be a Samsung Galaxy Note. I've tried to switch to the Note 3 three times and came back to my iPhone each time. If I didn't have an iPhone to come back to I guess I'd stick with the Note 3. But I wonder what Samsung (and other Android) phones would have ended up like without the influence of the iPhone in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods