If Apple didn't exist, which phone manufacturer/OS would you choose?

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I went from an iPhone to the HTC One last year because of the screen size. I use my Sprint LTE iPad for some stuff and my HTC for other. Waiting to see what this year's iPhone looks like before switching back or getting the new HTC One.

Nokia sent me an ICON for free and I'm really digging Windows. I think MS has a serious shot at being successful if the can get the ecosystem going.

All that said. I think I'd go stay with HTC.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
that is exactly what I was thinking- who knows what we would have available- without the iphone chances are blackberry would still be top dog

Could be, IDK, IMO BlackBerry has always had a solid device, I think it was their management that held them back.

sejgiul

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm over on WPCentral and a Windows Phone fan, but to be honest, if Apple hadn't released the iPhone 2G, I doubt very much that there would be much progress towards touchscreen phones now or perhaps a couple of years ago... Apple did really push the mobile phone market forward. I do believe though that even with the release of iOS 7, Apple is well on its way to become the next Blackberry... The operating system was incredible back in 2007/08, heck, even 2009/10.

But what's next? From Apple I'd like to see something new before considering purchasing a new iDevice. A new, built from the ground up iOS (without the pages full of app icons) and a refreshing design for the hardware. I like the look of the 5C, but would feel cheated if I bought that since it uses the same internals as the 5. Even then, the design is very much like the 2 and 3....

If Apple didn't exist, I'd probably still have my Sony Ericsson music mobile phone, or something similar...

ckillam3

May 11, 2009
Visit site
As a former Palm user, if Apple did not manufacture the iPhone, then I don't know where we would be today. My first guess would be typing on a physical keyboard like the Palm Treo or Blackberry. We certainly would not have 1MM apps under iTunes.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My company phone would be a Blackberry (that's all they would support) and my personal phone would be a Palm (that assumes they would survive in a "no-Apple" world).

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I definitely can't answer that at all. I don't know what technology would be out there. I also don't know if it would still be reflected the same as it is now. For all we know the world without Apple could be a flip phone haven of doom. 😣

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Coming from Blackberry, I would have to say I would probably stay with Blackberry if Apple iPhone didn't exsit. I would also have an Android (Samsung) because I like the OS and the ability to Customize. I'm still not sure why all the hate concerning Samsung Androids, Samsung makes VERY good products in and out of the Mobile Phone industry.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I seriously don't think Android would be as it is today without the iPhone, so I'd probably be using a flip phone as well. I was fine with them until I saw what the iPhone does.

quickinstinct

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'd probably be on a Blackberry or a flip phone. That said this feeling only applies to the newer iPhones. I didn't like the 4/4s. So if the 5/5s didn't exist I'd probably be on Blackberry or a flip phone. Could never get into Android handsets.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd probably be on a Blackberry or a flip phone. That said this feeling only applies to the newer iPhones. I didn't like the 4/4s. So if the 5/5s didn't exist I'd probably be on Blackberry or a flip phone. Could never get into Android handsets.

What is it about the 4/4s you don't like?

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77