If Apple didn't exist, which phone manufacturer/OS would you choose?

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry. That's were I was in 2007 and probably would have stayed there if the iPhone ceased to exist.

Sent by my fabulous silver 5s...

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I owned the HTC HD7 and other android phones around that time and I would probably be doing the same thing I am doing now except without the debate going on between my Android and Apple phones. I would probably be using my Samsung Galaxy S4 just like I am now.

Apple hasn't really had that big of an effect on me as it has to other people on this forum. I never owned the first iPhone...in fact the first ever iDevice I ever owned was the iPod Classic.. the original version 1. Then I purchased the iTouch 4th Gen and now I have the iPhone 5...in between that time I've had the iPad 1 and then the iPad Air but besides that I was never really interested in iPhones. All they are is glorified iPod Touch's and with my iPod touch still working fine I think I am going to stick with it for years to come...unless I somehow decide to move my music from Spotify to iTunes...then I'll move back to my 64GB iPod Classic that still works like brand new.

Sent from my p7-1534 using Tapatalk

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
It would probably be a Samsung Galaxy Note. I've tried to switch to the Note 3 three times and came back to my iPhone each time. If I didn't have an iPhone to come back to I guess I'd stick with the Note 3. But I wonder what Samsung (and other Android) phones would have ended up like without the influence of the iPhone in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

What is it you miss about iOS or dislike about the note? I recently purchased one too, loved it for 2 or 3 days but keep coming back to my iphone 5 too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
What is it you miss about iOS or dislike about the note? I recently purchased one too, loved it for 2 or 3 days but keep coming back to my iphone 5 too

I had two Note 3's myself. To me, there was just something that seemed unrefined about it...I can't quite pin it down. My iOS devices seem very much refined to me. ...and that's a great quality in my book.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I had two Note 3's myself. To me, there was just something that seemed unrefined about it...I can't quite pin it down. My iOS devices seem very much refined to me. ...and that's a great quality in my book.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

Hi, but do you find yourself missing any aspects of the note or android now you're back on iPhone? I found the pen handy but not to any deal breaking extent.

For me, the seamless integration across my MacBook, iPad and iPhone outweigh the benefits of a more open (which although I found the performance to be fine, open is ultimately more vulnerable long term) platform.

I've notice you speak about the polish of iOS apps a lot before. This is something I'd completely undervalued until trying android for myself. I'm not saying android apps are hacked together or are unstable, there's just a certain finesse missing which is more prominent on their iOS counter parts

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, but do you find yourself missing any aspects of the note or android now you're back on iPhone?

No, not at all and TBH that bothers me a little.

I've notice you speak about the polish of iOS apps a lot before. This is something I'd completely undervalued until trying android for myself. I'm not saying android apps are hacked together or are unstable, there's just a certain finesse missing which is more prominent on their iOS counter parts

I'm not sure why it is but IME apps tend to look and work better in iOS. ...the same apps. I've yet to see an android app look or function better than its iOS counterpart. Tapatalk is a great example that many of us can relate to.

Sent from 2 f IV 🔘

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I would probably be still using a blackberry or the htc one just cause of apps

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I started my smartphones adventures with a HTC Kaiser, then the Tytn 2, so if there was no Apple, I would have stayed with HTC I guess

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious to try the new htc one... Not to use it full time but just to see what it runs like

Sent From My White iPhone 5s

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the people who say that if Apple hadn't entered the mobile phone market, it would be vastly different than it now is. I probably would be using a flip phone still -- one of those army-grade ones that can take water and mud and whatnot.

If Apple were blasted out of existence today somehow, and all the other market players were still around, I would choose either an HTC One M8 -- it's a beautiful, beautiful design -- or a Galaxy S5 -- I still would like a water-proof phone.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I would probably choose HTC because they make excellent Android phones. In my opinion, they're the only company I've seen that can compare to the quality and dedication of Apple.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
me too. Blackberry strikes me as a good company (Shame they're going down). They seem to put a lot of love into their products, care about the details, do their own thing. I like that. My brother is still a glowing advocate of BB, and while I would love to welcome him to the Apple side I understand why he's hanging in there for as long as possible.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
me too. Blackberry strikes me as a good company (Shame they're going down). They seem to put a lot of love into their products, care about the details, do their own thing. I like that. My brother is still a glowing advocate of BB, and while I would love to welcome him to the Apple side I understand why he's hanging in there for as long as possible.

It's no surprise, as Blackberry is also another company who controls the product from the phone itself to the ecosystem to the actual operating system.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77