What is Apple's single most memorable accomplishment?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
What do you think is the single most memorable accomplishment Apple has performed?

Is it the customer service, the implementation of the iPhone, the thinness of the Macbooks, the iconic stores? What do you think?

If you had asked me fifteen years back if I would ever have an Apple device, I would have said an emphatic 'no.' Now I have them all over the place, from iPads, to iPhones, to ipods and Macbooks. For me, this all started with the introduction of the iPhone, which I think was the one thing that really brought Apple to the fore. As you know, they have been around for decades but I think they always seemed to be in the background, desperately clawing for any market share they could. The iPhone changed the game for them, in my books.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree if not for the iPhone to show us the way we might have missed the boat

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Have to agree iPod.

In the UK there was virtually no Apple presence at the time of the conquering mp3 player's release, they were all but irrelevant. Then all those fancy ads with coloured silhouettes made people loopy for Apple kit. The iPod was not particularly a technological accomplishment, marrying audio playback to a spinning HDD was close to a step back from what the rest of the market was at, but it was a huge success that everything after was built on, with nothing prior to match.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd have to just say they set their standard at a different notch then other manufacturers. The products they made were memorable. The customer service is unbeatable. They've created loyalty and are even reaching people such as myself who initially hated them.

The single most memorable accomplishment was simply the standard they set on day one.

?Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone for sure. The iPhone changed the mobile phone industry forever. The iPhone at first was almost like having your Mac in your pocket. Now it's kind of flipped where the Mac is almost a extension of the iPhone.

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
It's definitely the iPhone. Apple was going down hill fast until the iPhone came out. It changed a generation.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Apples greatest achievement was investing in, and introducing the iPhone to the world. Remember back to the days when nokias ruled the roost. Apple dragged the world of mobile phones into the future and they became smartphones. Competition has now took it to frightening new heights but apple are still market leaders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone. It redefined the smartphone and served as the catalyst for the modern smartphones we see today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Easily the Apple II is Apple's greatest accomplishment. No Apple II iPhone iPad mini tablets non of it. No android. It would all not have been done yet or look very different. IBM of Xerox would have made the same products but very boring. Thanks Steve/Steve.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner