What Media Source Has The Most To Gain By Bashing Apple And Why?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As the title states what media source or sources do you think has constantly and still bashes Apple and Why? What do they have to gain by doing so?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Personally I think it starts with the other Big Smartphone companies IMO. I think it is done as any other advertising campaign is put together for. Lately These companies have now gone to picking on making it their tablet war against Apple's iPad. What they feel they will gain other than to sway the masses to buy their tablet of course I don't know because loyal Apple buyers one thing is they will stay loyal and not pay attention to the Market and TV campaigns for the most part.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
All of them really...Apple bashing has become almost a business these days, so anyone who does it garners attention, which is the most important tool within the media.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think people just set their expectations to high for Apple and when they don't meet those expectation then companies just bash apple and say their product is better to get those disappointed people to switch. But who has the biggest influence? The cellphone carriers. Look at their commercials, when they say "get the most popular smartphones" all they show is android phones and the iPhone is no where to be seen. Most people like to get the most popular phones, not one that suits there needs and when they see those commercials they see that android phones are the most popular so that's what they want to get plus the commercials from those manufactures is sometimes the tipping point to get people to get their phone.

I have to be honest though and say this "bashing" in general is becoming a bit ridiculous, and some a bit childish. Sometimes it's like watching someone making fun of someone else cause they are different or not cool and I'm sitting here thinking if you have to bash other companies to sell your products then you aren't trying hard enough. And before anybody brings up the Mac vs PC commercials, first those were hilarious and second those issues were true but apple only did it to take advantage of how many problems vista had.

But this is only my opinion...

Just as a side note I got an iPhone cause it fits my needs best compared to other phones. But as for my desktop I use windows cause it fits my needs best. I always look at all options before I purchase anything and go with what suits my needs best.

The biggest bashers of Apple is Google Plus users.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

I'm a google plus user...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Overseas governments have most to gain in vast unpaid, avoided tax revenue. Billions if the media is to be believed.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Personally I think it starts with the other Big Smartphone companies IMO. .

IMO you should rephrase your topic. I don't consider "other Big Smartphone companies" or Google to be media sources.

The media source that stands to gain the most from bashing Apple would be the one who has the most anti-Apple readers. Anti-Apple content would likely mean greater click-through and greater advertising revenue as a result. So along those lines...Android Central would have quite a bit to gain by posting anti-Apple stories. :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
IMO you should rephrase your topic. I don't consider "other Big Smartphone companies" or Google to be media sources.

The media source that stands to gain the most from bashing Apple would be the one who has the most anti-Apple readers. Anti-Apple content would likely mean greater click-through and greater advertising revenue as a result. So along those lines...Android Central would have quite a bit to gain by posting anti-Apple stories. :)

I feel the same way about the definition of media sources. Neither corporations or Google (pretty much a corporation) falls under that category, to me. Media sources/companies who are public to open trading, yeah.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
All of them really...Apple bashing has become almost a business these days, so anyone who does it garners attention, which is the most important tool within the media.
Apple bashing is a business these days. As they say don't hate the Haters but you can't help it when the war is taken to the one group of people who it will never effect and that is the loyal Apple people no matter what Apple builds and prices at will remain loyal because of the quality and customer service.
When the others especially like Google can match that, Then we can post a different response.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

They all have marketing and advertising departments don't they? To me that makes them Media Sources. I don't dispute your point of vue. That is mine.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same way about the definition of media sources. Neither corporations or Google (pretty much a corporation) falls under that category, to me. Media sources/companies who are public to open trading, yeah.
This is what I responded to right or wrong and my own opinion... This is what I wrote to another response:

They all have marketing and advertising departments don't they? To me that makes them Media Sources. I don't dispute your point of vue. That is mine.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is what I responded to right or wrong and my own opinion... This is what I wrote to another response:

I wasn't disputing your point of view or trying to bash it in any way at all or being facetious. Just disagreed with what qualifies as media sources. Pretty much Apple bashing, what Sean pointed out, is what seems to gain readers/viewership nowadays. Gaining more of those eyes and ears makes for more revenue in advertising. If there are some advertisers directly related to gaining something by Apple stock taking a hit, that's another thing to gain, too.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't disputing your point of view or trying to bash it in any way at all or being facetious. Just disagreed with what qualifies as media sources. Pretty much Apple bashing, what Sean pointed out, is what seems to gain readers/viewership nowadays. Gaining more of those eyes and ears makes for more revenue in advertising. If there are some advertisers directly related to gaining something by Apple stock taking a hit, that's another thing to gain, too.
No need to even say what you did because I never took it that way and tend to agree with you. I agree with many of the things or points of view that Sean points out and hope he did not take my comment the wrong way. He would tell me if he did. :) Anyway no harm - No foul my friend.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope you did not take my comment the wrong way. I figured if you did I would have heard it by now...lol

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Sometimes they do. Sometimes they contract mad men to do it for them. But I see what you mean.

If we go by your view then I really can't say because of how I feel about commercials. If a company runs horrible attack commercials that will actually drive me to not by their products. Samsung currently is running one that gets under my skin so much that I either mute or change the channel. So to me I don't see that anyone has anything to gain by mudslinging.

I'm only using Samsung as an example at the moment. It could be anyone. I want to see why a product is great. I don't care why everyone else's is terrible. A generally positive marketing campaign would be for the PS4 and Xbox One. All I see is pricing and amazing graphics, no mud slinging.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2