Switching from an iPhone to another device? Post Here!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

With users migration to other devices. We are consolidating the "Bye Bye" threads to a Master thread to share why you are moving from one device to another. It is best for the over all forum to keep things organized for the long haul. We do hope you are moving to the iPhone device, but if not that cool.

We here at Mobile Nations respect that and hope you will find one of our sister sites work out well for you. One of the biggest things is with newer devices coming out at a very fast pace now days users seem to be either frustrated with their current device/provider., or looking for something with more options, etc

Soooo..... With that said before you post up a separate thread ask your self the following questions.

Am I leaving iPhone for another device?

Moving on to another device because of previous device issues that have not been fixed?

Moving to a different provider for a better device?

This thread is for you! Post on up. You are welcome to vent your frustrations, while giving reasons for moving on to another device or carrier.

Also be sure to check out other Mobile Nations forums when you pick up your new device!

Android Central | Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers
CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!)
Windows Phone Central | News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone

As a reminder Mobile Nations Forum Rules and Guidelines apply as always.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Thanks for your cooperation!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I actually moved TO my first iOS device in January. However, I'm getting a bit bored again so I'll be buying a Lumia 635 to accompany my Note 3, Iphone 5s, and iPhone 5c. It's expensive being a technophile.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

jhaire89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at moving from my iPhone 5s to a Note 3, I'm looking for a little help from someone who has mad the transition. Should I stick with the 5s or go with the Note 3?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at moving from my iPhone 5s to a Note 3, I'm looking for a little help from someone who has mad the transition. Should I stick with the 5s or go with the Note 3?

I've got both. They are a completely different experience to be honest. I don't think I could give up my Note 3 due to screen size. However, the 5s has it's perks. Like portability and finger print scanner. I think if I absolutely had to choose one, I'd still choose my Note 3.

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I have both as well and I agree that they are totally different experiences. I enjoy both very much. I almost always have an iPhone and some other device. The Note series has been favorite as a second device. I like my iPhone for the size and the fact that my whole family is on iOS. There are apps that I like better on iOS but I could say the same about android apps on the Note 3.

If you are looking to try something different then it doesn't get much different than the Note 3. It's a great device if you need the features it offers. It really is a personal choice. My advice would be to try and spend some time with note 3 in a store and see if you are ok with the size. That is biggest adjustment for most people. Good luck.

Sent using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree with SeptembersRain and Cwbcpa as I also have both and their totally different experiences. I use my 5s for the portability and ease of use and the Note3 for more reading and customazation. Both are very good devices and it would be tough to choose just one device. If absoutly had to choose....I would have to go with my Note3 no matter what my Wife says (the eyes aren't what they use to be)...SMILE.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I was seriously thinking about picking up the M8. But I changed my mind at the last minute because I don't want to deal with some of the annoyances that Android brings. I was quickly reminded if this when I read some if the forums on Android Central where Note 3 owners were complaining about their devices being bricked while updating to Kit Kat. I know this has nothing to do with the M8 but those type of things I just don't want to deal with any more. Or the fact that when there is an update to fix these issues you have to wait and wait for it to be pushed to your device.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

jhaire89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I was seriously thinking about picking up the M8. But I changed my mind at the last minute because I don't want to deal with some of the annoyances that Android brings. I was quickly reminded if this when I read some if the forums on Android Central where Note 3 owners were complaining about their devices being bricked while updating to Kit Kat. I know this has nothing to do with the M8 but those type of things I just don't want to deal with any more. Or the fact that when there is an update to fix these issues you have to wait and wait for it to be pushed to your device.

I'm pretty much the same way, I thought about giving up my 5s for an android, but then I played around with it and I just like my iphone better. Nothing against anyone who uses android, but I guess it's just not for me anymore

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I haven't used an android phone as my daily driver since the Fascinate. I do a few things about android but have remained an iPhone user. I have contemplated the S5 and the new watch or fitness band as a companion. Size is the only thing slowing my decision. Well that and merging all my contacts, calendars, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

No matter what phone platform, iOS or Android, there's going to be glitches .

I've been using Android and Apple for years and have never had any problems at all,, and my daily driver right now is the Note 3 with KitKat installed and it's running perfectly.

I jumped off the Apple ship after owning every model ever made, mainly because of the tiny screen size,,, but now it's become much more than just about screen size,, the Android OS and all the features have dramatically improved so much over the years and so has the Android hardware, it makes it very hard to consider going back to an iPhone.

I'm holding out some hope that the iPhone 6 will help Apple catch up to Android.

Cheers
Davyo

DrAkO82

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm fully integrated into the Apple ecosystem...makes me very hard to change...

We have 3 iPhones (2 5S and 1 5), 1 iPod touch, 1 iPad Mini, 1 iMac and a Apple TV.

All of my friends and family use a iPhone/iPad (makes SMS very easily with iMessage, especially with the iPad and iPod Touch on wifi).

The only mobile OS could make me change my iPhone to a noter device is Windows Phone 8.1

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
With the changes in windows phone 8.1, I may consider selling my 5s if Nokia releases a device that fits my style (930 too big).

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
With the changes in windows phone 8.1, I may consider selling my 5s if Nokia releases a device that fits my style (930 too big).

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

I had thought that before as well. Was looking at the 1520 and was enamored by the screen. But I maintain that Windows Phone is about three key apps away from me switching, for at least a short while. But until those apps are available, I can't even consider it.

Last edited:

Angela0512

Banned
May 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm an obsessed Apple fan, I don't think I will change to another mobile device except iPhone. Waiting for the new generation iPhone coming soon! LOL

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
"Catch up to Android"....LOL you seriously crack me up.

I'm waiting for the same thing, the screen on the 5/5s is too small, I enjoy my 5" 1080p device, not only is it bigger it has more content given that it renders at 480p vs 320p on the iPhone. Too me the iPhone needs to catch up in that aspect, and I don't think its funny.

There is also a lot of OS features I just think are out right better, things like background apps, Apple sort of got this in iOS7 but the developer needs to update their apps and it is not at all like they said in the presentation. Simple things like getting an email and it downloading in the background took this long to come. Also sharing is very powerfully in Android, and how the file system works. If I use a certain app for writing documents, my files are locked too that app, I can't then download a second app and access those same documents.

But off course, someone that is in love with Platform X, will believe its perfect and every other platforms just sucks.

solutioncdn

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I am plannig to switch from iOS to WIndows or Nokia X platform. I give first preference to Nokia X platform because it is equivalent to Android.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods