Please keep my wife's i5 in your....

Skatophilia

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Haha it would be kind of funny if the bleach made it stopped working and not the water... but congrats on it working after all of that! Goooooooooooooo RICE!

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't really know why I laughed! In hindsight, her Apple coverage has expired and we dropped the VZW coverage a few weeks ago! Now I'm crying. Lol If it doesn't work, which I'm sure it will as it wasn't submerged for very long and was immediately powered off, I'll have to find her another on Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

It's 50/50, even then the phone might work but the screen or battery shorted out. DO NOT use Craigslist, use eBay as they provide buyer protection.

You could also send it to the repair company I work for to see if we could fix it. www.digiexpress.us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
It's 50/50, even then the phone might work but the screen or battery shorted out. DO NOT use Craigslist, use eBay as they provide buyer protection.

You could also send it to the repair company I work for to see if we could fix it. www.digiexpress.us

I always sell my phones and electronics on Craigslist and take pride in knowing that I'm providing the buyer with a great honest deal on really good and well-maintained hardware in outstanding condition. I don't think I'm unique in that, really.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I always sell my phones and electronics on Craigslist and take pride in knowing that I'm providing the buyer with a great honest deal on really good and well-maintained hardware in outstanding condition. I don't think I'm unique in that, really.

You're one of the few honest ones, I know friends personally who have gotten activation locked phones, water damaged phones, an on 2 occasions robbed from meeting with people on Craigslist.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
You're one of the few honest ones, I know friends personally who have gotten activation locked phones, water damaged phones, an on 2 occasions robbed from meeting with people on Craigslist.

I've heard some horror stories too. I really try to make sure the buyer feels comfortable and that they know I'm looking out for their safety too. I only meet people in public places, like a Starbucks or carrier store but I have invited people to my home (not smart, I know). I'm just not interested in mistreating anyone.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I get all of my phones on craigslist and sell them as well! Never had any issues. I only meet in public places and I check that it's not activation locked right on the spot. But I also let them know before the meet that my checking is what's going to happen before I hand over any cash.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I would just meet the person at the carrier store so you can check out everything and activate it right there.

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Prayers as she dropped it in the toilet last evening. I had her power down and place it in some rice to draw the water out. We've not tried to power it up yet but we're hopeful that everything will work out!
All the while, I'm laughing at her! :D

omg :) thats drop feel like hurting more but don't worry u applied nice idea hope ur i5 get well soon . pls be careful next time

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen