Which cloud storage services do you use ?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I mainly use Google Drive and just got more storage for Dropbox.

On a somewhat related topic, has anyone here stopped using the external hard drives and moved all their files to the cloud? I was going back and forth with the idea.

Not using external anymore.
Good Luck

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
This thread got me thinking. I like to keep a secondary back up of all my files.
While everything is on Google Drive, and my USB Cruz fit.
It may be more convenient to maybe upload everything to either Box, or Dropbox.
Then, I would not need to remember to save the files to the USB, nor be connected to a PC to do it.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
What files do you store in box?

I wish I could get more Dropbox space, but I missed out on that wave if everyone banning together to do referrals. I only have 6 gbs on Dropbox.

I've got a little over 6gb on dropbox as well. I rarely use my Box account and it's usually just the home of a few PDFs and other documents

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I now use Box for a secondary storage. I like how it integrates with Google Drive. I keep all my documents, and photos in both
Not to mention Box gives you 50GB for storage.
And because I have a Chromebook, Google Drive offers 100GB for 2 years. 😊

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
iCloud for all my Contacts, Calendar, and Apple stuff. Google Drive for documents and stuff that come in through Gmail. That's all.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I love Google Drive except for the fact that you cannot sort photos by date taken. That just blows my mind and "drives" me nuts. How do you not have that option? Because of that I haven't made up my mind between OneDrive or Google Drive. Will probably go with OneDrive out of spite over the sorting... or lack there of by Google.

anon(4782771)

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I love Google Drive except for the fact that you cannot sort photos by date taken. That just blows my mind and "drives" me nuts. How do you not have that option? Because of that I haven't made up my mind between OneDrive or Google Drive. Will probably go with OneDrive out of spite over the sorting... or lack there of by Google.

With the recent price drop in Google Drive, I think I'm going to move all my files from Dropbox ($9.99/month for 100 GB) to $1.99/month for 100 GB.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I am currently mostly utilizing Dropbox with some slight usage of Google Drive. I will be transitioning over to Google Drive though. $2 a month for 100 gbs of space? Why not. Isn't like Google already has access to my life anyway...

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I have accounts in a few places. I use iCloud and Dropbox mostly, but I also have stuff on Box.net, Google Drive, and OneDrive.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
One problem with Google Drive.
Saving your photos there is easy, sharing is not.
It is like Google +, the recipient needs a Google account to open your photos.
I use the Picasa app by Pixite for saving and sharing photos.
It works beautifully , but from what I have been reading.
Google will be killing off Picasa, and transitioning to Google+.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh