Why Apple desperately needs to create a better pair of ear buds

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I asked for this thread to be deleted but the moderators refuse to remove it. All information and opinions provided by me are now removed and void

-DroidArmy

Last edited:

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
IMO Apple has always been a strong hold on music.. I am surprised they have ot stepped up their game...

I do use mine everyday :)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use my EarPods all the time, but people will argue that if you want good sound quality to get over-ear headphones not in-ear headphones. For me I use my EarPods for when I'm on the go, but I use my JVC over ear headphones while at home. Both do a good job for me for the type of music I listen to (dubstep, rock, rap/hip-hop, metal) and provides the right amount of bass and treble for all my songs. The only thing I wish for is Apple to remove the voltage limit on the headphone jack on their iOS devices in North America.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I'd rather Apple focus more on the Music app itself then the EarPods. Apple is still lacking a proper EQ and the presets are just not cutting it. I wouldn't mind an improvement over the current EarPods, but I just don't see it improving enough where I would pick them over an aftermarket set. And the fact that Apple provides EarPods in the first place is a plus as most companies don't.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The EQ issue is something I've actually thought about a lot. Apple chooses this route because they aim for simplicity and ease of use. Still, I would also like a custom EQ option built somewhere in the app. It would be nice if the EQ could go system wide to YouTube and spotify as well

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

That's why Apple should offer both presets for those who like simple and easy and custom EQ options for those who want more control over their sound. And yes system wide would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's why Apple should offer both presets for those who like simple and easy and custom EQ options for those who want more control over their sound. And yes system wide would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

System wide would be awesome since the only EQ that is system wide is late night.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree that they need to make better EarPods but they are definitely a great upgrade from what we previously had all of those years.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would've argued the headphone thing a long time ago. Now, that's really changed. The technology has improved enough where you can really get a nice sound out of an in ear which is close to a headphone.

I agree that now the difference is little. I still use over ear headphones (JVC over ear headphone with a 50 mm driver) at home cause of PC gaming since they can handle the sound output on my computer better plus they are comfortable when using them for long periods of time. For when I'm out on the go I use my EarPods cause they produce good sound quality for me and they come in handy when I get a call on my iPhone. For $35 CAD they are pretty good (I bought a pair before I got my 5S cause my iPod touch didn't come with one that had the mic) in my opinion. Before I was using $40 CAD JVC in-ear headphones that had really good bass but I couldn't use them for long periods of time. But everyone will have a personal preference. I think Apple should make a pair of over ear headphones.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the Apple EarPods that came with my iPhone 5 stayed in my ears, I would probably still be using them. The sound they produce is quite adequate for me, but they're useless if they won't stay put.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If the Apple EarPods that came with my iPhone 5 stayed in my ears, I would probably still be using them. The sound they produce is quote adequate for me, but they're useless if they won't stay put.

Yeah. They definitely improved a bit from what they used to make. But I would find myself adjusting them back into my ears every 7 seconds if I would forget my Beats headphones for the gym.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm not judging but I'm wondering: do beats bother you? I've heard the bass is muddy and everything else sounds like it's coming through a wall. I personally haven't tried them though so I'm only going off of my friends and reviews. Do you like them?

For years all I would workout with were the Apple earbuds. Like you said, after a while they'd get distorted. And they kinda hurt my ears. Sometimes I would get small blisters in my ear, even. But I just put up with it. I tried some Bose earphones that I purchased for $100 but found they were better for causal listening. By causal I mean just sitting down and relaxing. It felt like a whole 'notha world when I switched it headphones. I use the Studio beats which are comfortable for me, don't move around, stay in place, and I hear things in songs that I have never heard before. I'm sort of a bass junkie so the hard bass doesn't bother me much. Keep in mind that I just keep the EQ off on my phone. I can absolutely understand why people don't like Beats, though.