Why Apple desperately needs to create a better pair of ear buds

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
1. Apple doesn't desperately need new earphones, Apple needs to add a true equalizer.

2. The number of drivers doesn't give a flip about musical genres. A single driver is pushing the lows, mids, and highs together. Dual drivers push lows out of one driver, and the mids and highs out of the other. Triple drivers push each individually. So in theory more drivers equals better sound because each dynamic gets it's own push.

3. The EarPods are much better than Apple's old earphones, but if you want good sound you're not using an Apple product anyway. Unless it's a classic iPod that has been RockBox'd. For the average person the EarPods are better earphones than they've probably ever used because the average person doesn't care about sound quality.

I'll have to finish reading the original post and read the comments later. I had to stop reading at the driver part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm using beats as an example because many people but them. And actually, they don't. I would never buy a pair but I have heard them before. They do sound better than the Apple EarPods. In fact, most things will. This isn't just my opinion about this topic. Feel free to read some reviews from professionals.

Another thing to mention is that you're not understanding why they should make better ones. You're only looking at it as a cheap accessory as it is now. You're not seeing my idea on how it could be. Either way, I respect your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I don't have a problem with your idea of how they could be improved...I could give you 100 things they could improve about the iPhone and all the accessories that come with it. Where I found issue was the implication that Apple desperately needed to change them for some reason. Honestly, Apple could stop giving these ear buds all together with the iPhone and nothing would change...much less needing to offer something higher quality.

Could they stand to improve them? Sure! But there is no desperate situation related to them at all.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
There is an entire wall of ear buds/head phones at Best Buy for $50-60 all with controls for iOS devices. So I don't see why Apple would waste time in a space that is already pretty crowded and served by a large number of major players.

You can buy what you are asking for right now.

Also, be happy the iPhone comes with a headset at all. My Moto X came with nothing.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a problem with your idea of how they could be improved...I could give you 100 things they could improve about the iPhone and all the accessories that come with it. Where I found issue was the implication that Apple desperately needed to change them for some reason. Honestly, Apple could stop giving these ear buds all together with the iPhone and nothing would change...much less needing to offer something higher quality.

Could they stand to improve them? Sure! But there is no desperate situation related to them at all.

Not to make assumptions about the OP, but lots of younger people tend to way over-dramatize issues beyond what they actually are. For example "OMG I only got a 16GB iPhone 5S for Christmas when I really wanted the 32GB! This is the worst Christmas in history! My parents are the worst people ever!"

The use of 'desperately' is a bit over the top.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not to make assumptions about the OP, but lots of younger people tend to way over-dramatize issues beyond what they actually are. For example "OMG I only got a 16GB iPhone 5S for Christmas when I really wanted the 32GB! This is the worst Christmas in history! My parents are the worst people ever!"

The use of 'desperately' is a bit over the top.

It's hilariously over the top...which is why I made the first post (which I guess he didn't take so well).

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I use my buds yet I do have skull candy as well so your right and sadly broke my DR DRE speakers long ago;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I do think they need to change. I mean they have wires... what is this 2005? :p
On a serious note I am surprised Apple hasn't developed some Bluetooth LE headphones.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Guys calm down. He used the word "desperately" a bit out of context. Lets not focus on his choice of one word as much as the point he is trying to convey. For a lot of people the Apple ear buds are "good enough" but "good enough" is not Apples motto. If they are packaged with an Apple product they should be "great".

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned above, let's respect ones opinion.. Though things can be mentioned a bit differently on how one may read something, it doesn't make it wrong...

Solid debates over products is why we are here to debate the products. No man or women should every face a debate against one self on the forums....

So let's take a step back and take into understanding ones opinion and respect it...

Don't argue over little things, it's not worth the time or effort... But if one cares to make a solid point on the subject. Stick to the topic at hand and leave personal agendas out of it...

Much appreciated.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
But it changes the dynamic of the entire conversation...which is totally legitimate in bringing up if you ask me.

"In my opinion, you should see a doctor about your issue."

"You desperately need to see a doctor about your issue."

...these are incredibly different approaches to a subject. Sure, an opinion is an opinion...and I actually agree with the guy, the Apple ear pods, while significantly better than the first generation of them, are not very well designed and could use a rethinking...but the title of this thread speaks a different story, and I just found it kind of humorous that while there was an opinion shared, there was no real indication as to why it was such a "desperate" situation.

Are you guys asking us to respect an opinion? Or to refrain from offering a counter argument to the OP's original thread?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, for what it's worth, I don't see how Apple really needs to make the earbuds any better. I don't think anyone should take seriously ANY pair that comes with a phone.

In retrospect, I think Apple's really the one breaking that mould, with Blackberry being a close second. I love those Blackberry ones.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well, for what it's worth, I don't see how Apple really needs to make the earbuds any better. I don't think anyone should take seriously ANY pair that comes with a phone.

In retrospect, I think Apple's really the one breaking that mould, with Blackberry being a close second. I love those Blackberry ones.

I would just give the Blackberry ones away. I thought they were terrible lol

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
To me the earbuds are a huge step-up from the old round ones, and in conjunction wirh the EQ options offered in settings I feel very well served. I get that they might not fit each and every ear out there, but that's an issue all earphone manufacturers face. I can use mine for running, skating, literally everything, they just sit perfectly. I also fly a lot and by now actually prefer my earpods for inboard entertainment over those massive, bulky headphones. The quality is very satisfying (base is one of the things I would commend the makers for) and I can barely tell they're in my ear. Perhaps I just have the super average ear that Apple used to design the ear pods. I for one couldn't ask for more. Maybe I want the cable gone in the next generation, then again that would have other implications I don't necessarily feel great about.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
The ear buds are not going to fit everyone's ears the same. Some it may fit good, and others not so much. Me personally for the amount I use mine ( planes, working out ) they do me just fine.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I would just give the Blackberry ones away. I thought they were terrible lol

The premium ones were OK, not great, but ok. Bottom line if you are an audiophile like me you really need to invest in a good set of headphones. I have iBeats in ear AND over the ear M-Voda Cross Fades. Yea they cost a bit of money, BUT if you wait for sales and if you value good sound, they are worth it!

http://www.amazon.com/iBeats-Headph...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2202547

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossf...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2202547

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73