Why Apple desperately needs to create a better pair of ear buds

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I guess there is a couple of things they can improve on but I can't complain.. I think the ear pods for great in my ear and it's have a very decent sound and I love the bonus that it comes with a carrier case

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Although by no means am I an Audiophile I must say for my standards the Apple earbuds are pretty darned good. They have good bass, and a good clarity, certainly more than a few I have tried.

If I want a listening experience with better standards, that's what my Zinken Urbanears are for.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't have an issue with the ear buds when you compare them with the buds that come in a Samsung box, or don't get me started on blackberry earphones... For apple being a PHONE company they provide buyers with a decent set of headphones. I think we are asking a lot for what we get in a phone box.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it'd be great to get a better pair of earbuds but I'd just as soon pick up a cheap pair of headphones to replace the included ones

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I cringe when a member of the "droid army" comes in here telling us what Apple desperately needs to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

anon(4054009)

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Although by no means am I an Audiophile I must say for my standards the Apple earbuds are pretty darned good. They have good bass, and a good clarity, certainly more than a few I have tried.

If I want a listening experience with better standards, that's what my Zinken Urbanears are for.
What would Apple gain by trying to compete with all of the earbud makers for high end units? I too like my new style earbuds

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for supporting the conversation Sean....

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Sean is not being mean or anything. He is however, bringing attention to your use of "desperately"and he apparently disagrees so don't be offended or anything. Having said that, do you think they truly "desperately" need to create better ear buds or simply need to create better ones?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I cringe when a member of the "droid army" comes in here telling us what Apple desperately needs to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There is no need to cringe. DroidArmy has not done or said anything inappropriate throughout his time here at iMore, and has actually been quite professional and interactive.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I do know for a fact that if you put current ones in the dryer they get totally jacked lol.... Just happened to me last night.. Left them in my front hoodie...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for supporting the conversation Sean....

I thought I made a pretty clear observation about your comment...in that your use of "desperately" was ridiculous. Apple's ear buds don't need a change desperately...that would imply that something is going to happen, a negative result, if the ear buds stay the same. Can the improve them? Certainly! In fact, almost every phone offering on the market could stand to improve their ear bud offering...I mean while free, it wouldn't hurt anything to make them more competitive with the market of ear buds people go and buy as replacements.

That said, again...there's nothing "desperate" about the ear buds. They are a free accessory Apple provides with the iPhone. If they don't meet your standards, sure...you can have an opinion on how they could be better, but implying there is some desperate need for it is hilarious!

I mean the simple fact that you're using Beats as an example of a better product is enough for anyone to find humor in this post. And even then, Apple's $79 offering rivals the garbage Beats makes, and they're still just Apple headphones, lol!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That depends on what you think of the current ones they have to offer. I believe they "desperately" need to create a better pair. Your old ones die and then what do you do? Most people rarely buy them again. I remember a site (I believe Engadget) saying "A vast improvement over the originals, but still junk in comparison". I have to agree with them on that. You go and either buy cheap ones or you pick up a pair like beats or Bose. Apple could really tap into this market and dominate it if they tried.

I agree with you in regard to Apple should make a better pair of ear pods/buds that stay in the ears better, but I disagree that they need to "desperately" make a better pair. I mean, it's one thing to force you to buy a pair in addition to buying an iPhone or an iPod, but they include a pair with the iPhone & iPod. Technically, you're paying for both, but you get what I'm saying.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The earbuds come with the phone so I'm not going to complain. Many of the other smartphones on the market don't come with earbuds at all.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk