Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    887 Global Posts

Default Re: Why Apple desperately needs to create a better pair of ear buds

Guys calm down. He used the word "desperately" a bit out of context. Lets not focus on his choice of one word as much as the point he is trying to convey. For a lot of people the Apple ear buds are "good enough" but "good enough" is not Apples motto. If they are packaged with an Apple product they should be "great".

As mentioned above, let's respect ones opinion.. Though things can be mentioned a bit differently on how one may read something, it doesn't make it wrong...

Solid debates over products is why we are here to debate the products. No man or women should every face a debate against one self on the forums....

So let's take a step back and take into understanding ones opinion and respect it...

Don't argue over little things, it's not worth the time or effort... But if one cares to make a solid point on the subject. Stick to the topic at hand and leave personal agendas out of it...

Much appreciated.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

But it changes the dynamic of the entire conversation...which is totally legitimate in bringing up if you ask me.

"In my opinion, you should see a doctor about your issue."

"You desperately need to see a doctor about your issue."

...these are incredibly different approaches to a subject. Sure, an opinion is an opinion...and I actually agree with the guy, the Apple ear pods, while significantly better than the first generation of them, are not very well designed and could use a rethinking...but the title of this thread speaks a different story, and I just found it kind of humorous that while there was an opinion shared, there was no real indication as to why it was such a "desperate" situation.

Are you guys asking us to respect an opinion? Or to refrain from offering a counter argument to the OP's original thread?
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    Apparently to you, not so much for Apple and others. Same could be said for bluetooth speakers, which Apple doesn't produce either.
    But wouldnt you agree that Apple desperately needs to create/sell one?
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    But wouldnt you agree that Apple desperately needs to create/sell one?
    No.

Well, for what it's worth, I don't see how Apple really needs to make the earbuds any better. I don't think anyone should take seriously ANY pair that comes with a phone.

In retrospect, I think Apple's really the one breaking that mould, with Blackberry being a close second. I love those Blackberry ones.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,892 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    Well, for what it's worth, I don't see how Apple really needs to make the earbuds any better. I don't think anyone should take seriously ANY pair that comes with a phone.

In retrospect, I think Apple's really the one breaking that mould, with Blackberry being a close second. I love those Blackberry ones.
    I would just give the Blackberry ones away. I thought they were terrible lol
    Speedygi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The more recent ones with the earloops were a turn for MUCH better, bro. But the earlier ones were crap I agree.
    iMore Intermediate

To me the earbuds are a huge step-up from the old round ones, and in conjunction wirh the EQ options offered in settings I feel very well served. I get that they might not fit each and every ear out there, but that's an issue all earphone manufacturers face. I can use mine for running, skating, literally everything, they just sit perfectly. I also fly a lot and by now actually prefer my earpods for inboard entertainment over those massive, bulky headphones. The quality is very satisfying (base is one of the things I would commend the makers for) and I can barely tell they're in my ear. Perhaps I just have the super average ear that Apple used to design the ear pods. I for one couldn't ask for more. Maybe I want the cable gone in the next generation, then again that would have other implications I don't necessarily feel great about.
    Speedygi likes this.

The ear buds are not going to fit everyone's ears the same. Some it may fit good, and others not so much. Me personally for the amount I use mine ( planes, working out ) they do me just fine.

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    38,938 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The premium ones were OK, not great, but ok. Bottom line if you are an audiophile like me you really need to invest in a good set of headphones. I have iBeats in ear AND over the ear M-Voda Cross Fades. Yea they cost a bit of money, BUT if you wait for sales and if you value good sound, they are worth it!

http://www.amazon.com/iBeats-Headpho...mUvbUpU2202547

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfa...mUvbUpU2202547
    Speedygi likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123