What made you decide to try an Apple product?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Initially it was the browser. I had a BlackBerry 9700 and the browser was painful.

Been coming back ever since, for the build quality, software, apps, and support.

And yes, I will get an iPhone 6. Along with my BlackBerry Q10. What can I say, I'm a tech geek.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been with Apple since 1991. Haven't had any other computer.
Back then it was the go to computer for musicians just plug and play.
Been with iPhone from the start because it was a Mac in your pocket.

geekynerd00

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I was given an iPod nano 4th gen for my birthday one year, and loved it to death. Wish I still had that thing. Anyway, the next year I discovered the iPod touch line and just had to have one. Another birthday + super generous parents and I had my iPod touch 2nd gen. Used that everyday for almost 3 years before the headphone jack quit on me. In June of 2012 I had saved enough money to buy myself a new one, so I bought a white iPod touch 4th gen. That's still my daily mp3 player. And finally, after years of wanting one, I was able to buy myself an iPhone :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My employer told me to choose between BlackBerry and iPhone. I was curious about iPhone and have loved it ever since. In fact, my household now has 4 iPhones. And since we are a home school household we use ipads instead laptops. We have 5 iPads.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
The quality of the complete package as a system. I like how well Apple products tend to work.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I remember when the iPhone first came out...right around that time I was perfectly content with my Blackberry Curve. It was my first "smart" phone I ever owned, and I loved it. I thought it was the greatest phone, and the phone to end all phones (it was a great device, and very solid)!! Then a friend of mine let me try out his iPhone. He raved about it; I tested it for a few minutes and I was hooked. The os was so smooth, the screen was actually a responsive, amazing touch screen, and I LOVED the look of the device. After that, I had to have one and I grabbed one off of ebay.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
The efficiency and lack of lag of the OS,I honestly didn't know about its restrictive nature,I live in a country,where people still use feature phones,and add to that a home in some

remote area,It is hard to explain yes i had the internet but didn't know iOS is restrictive in an odd sense i.e inability to set default downloaded apps in place of stock apps etc,not true multitasking,home button etc...

Bought a 4s,i don't know whether I am a perfectionist or my phone really lags sometimes while scrolling long lists/typing spreadsheets in open office/scrolling books in adobe reader etc...It is really NOT that efficient as i thought,i tried my best to keep the burden on phone which it can bear (to keep it like a 2011esque device,still has iOS 6) but it has that awkward framerate lowering down sort of lag,really annoys me...Guess iOS is not for me,but since i have bought it in used condition,it is hard to sell it...stuck :(

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The efficiency and lack of lag of the OS,I honestly didn't know about its restrictive nature,I live in a country,where people still use feature phones,and add to that a home in some

remote area,It is hard to explain yes i had the internet but didn't know iOS is restrictive in an odd sense i.e inability to set default downloaded apps in place of stock apps etc,not true multitasking,home button etc...

Bought a 4s,i don't know whether I am a perfectionist or my phone really lags sometimes while scrolling long lists/typing spreadsheets in open office/scrolling books in adobe reader etc...It is really NOT that efficient as i thought,i tried my best to keep the burden on phone which it can bear (to keep it like a 2011esque device,still has iOS 6) but it has that awkward framerate lowering down sort of lag,really annoys me...Guess iOS is not for me,but since i have bought it in used condition,it is hard to sell it...stuck :(

Have you tried restoring it since you got it?

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried restoring it since you got it?

no actually not sir, i don't know how to restore it to the same firmware,and now i have jailbroken it aswell :(

and my memory is always up 50% (battery app itunes) and when apps are open it is 90%,as soon as i hit free up memory it goes down to 70% which is strange memory management problem,any ideas ?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
no actually not sir, i don't know how to restore it to the same firmware,and now i have jailbroken it aswell :(

and my memory is always up 50% (battery app itunes) and when apps are open it is 90%,as soon as i hit free up memory it goes down to 70% which is strange memory management problem,any ideas ?

Well first I don't want to throw this thread off it's topic but I did ask you about the restore

There are a few threads here on iMore dealing with memory issues on the 4s I recommend you do a little search on them

As for staying with your current version of iOS 6 after a restore is very technical to impossible I suggest you restore to the current iOS 7 which might solve a few lag issues your having

If your still experiencing problems and can't find a solution start a new thread and we will try and help you from there

Have a great day 😀

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I remember when the iPhone first came out...right around that time I was perfectly content with my Blackberry Curve. It was my first "smart" phone I ever owned, and I loved it. I thought it was the greatest phone, and the phone to end all phones (it was a great device, and very solid)!! Then a friend of mine let me try out his iPhone. He raved about it; I tested it for a few minutes and I was hooked. The os was so smooth, the screen was actually a responsive, amazing touch screen, and I LOVED the look of the device. After that, I had to have one and I grabbed one off of ebay.

The original iphone looked amazing, the screen sweet, but actual functionality blackberry destroyed it, people forget you couldn't even send mms with the original iphone... blackberry had a huge battle though internally and didn't realize at that moment the war on keyboard vs touchscreen was officially over. If bb10 the new bbOS had been berries response 3 years ago instead of just last year, the phone landscape would be very different. In fact, Verizon hired bberry to create iPhone killer , and the storm pales in comparison because regardless of lack of functionality of iOS , nobody did a phone UIs better than apple at that point. The actual OS was much better than anything else in market despite its lack of functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I decided to try the iPod shuffle when I needed an MP3 player for my workouts. Simple and beautifully designed it exceeded my expectations. Based on my experience with the shuffle I decided to buy the iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. Even though I have an iPhone I still continue to use my iPod shuffle during my workouts.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The original iphone looked amazing, the screen sweet, but actual functionality blackberry destroyed it, people forget you couldn't even send mms with the original iphone... blackberry had a huge battle though internally and didn't realize at that moment the war on keyboard vs touchscreen was officially over. If bb10 the new bbOS had been berries response 3 years ago instead of just last year, the phone landscape would be very different. In fact, Verizon hired bberry to create iPhone killer , and the storm pales in comparison because regardless of lack of functionality of iOS , nobody did a phone UIs better than apple at that point. The actual OS was much better than anything else in market despite its lack of functionality.

Excellent point...I forgot about the lack of many features when the iPhone first made it's debut. The storm...what a mess that thing was. the only thing that killed was itself! At that time, the majority of touch screen phones were extremely laggy and the os was just not smooth at all.

The OS really did set it apart from the pack.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Excellent point...I forgot about the lack of many features when the iPhone first made it's debut. The storm...what a mess that thing was. the only thing that killed was itself! At that time, the majority of touch screen phones were extremely laggy and the os was just not smooth at all.

The OS really did set it apart from the pack.

Yup people forget, I mean it was huge deal In. 3.0 , that you could finally cut and paste, people forget how featureless it was , no mms , email ui atrocious , ... But the one thing apple figured out was super simple , man a tile should be about the size of a finger touch .... Buttons, buttons, buttons ....

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine had an iPod Classic so I decided to get one. I bought an iPod Touch 2nd generation and I've been addicted since.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought an iPod touch when they first hit the stores. It appealed to me because it was close to an iPhone without the contract commitment. At the time I had a Samsung Blackjack. Smartphones and OS was not high on the priority list for me back in '07.

The Touch was cool, and when the App Store was introduced in 2008 it took things up a notch. Now I could appreciate how relevant an iPhone could be. When it was time to renew my contract I went with the Blackberry Bold. The Bold was more in synch with what I needed for work at the time.

2010 came I bought that first generation iPad. I've had every iPad since and have been an iPhone user and have had every iPhone since iPhone 4. The iPad was the game changer in how I viewed how well iOS works for me both professionally and personally.

And to think it started with a Touch. 😃

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

imanolsoliman

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I used to hate Apple, but my cousin has always been a fanatic of its products. Back in 2012, she left her iPhone 4 and bought an iPhone 4S, so I bought her former phone for 50 bucks just to play some games lol... After two months I realized that it became my main device, I loved de apps and stability, it was fun and easy to use, without de headaches my older phone gave me... So, I bought an iPhone 5 when it was released and it's the best phone I've ever had, maybe is not perfect but I like it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox