Apple is Refunding 32.5 Million Dollars

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I read this and kinda feel it's partly the parents fault you leave your keys in the ignition the kid will start the car and probably crash it

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I turn off in app purchases whenever I let my nephew use my ipad. It's just another situation where someone blames someone else for something their kids do. Personal responsibility is gone.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Mostly to do with the 15 min window after entering your password .. But regardless the parents should be smart enough to know better both my kids have iPads and for one neither knows the iTunes password and has to ask me to approve any and all downloads. For my youngest I have restrictions set so the App Store does not even exist.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Mostly to do with the 15 min window after entering your password .. But regardless the parents should be smart enough to know better both my kids have iPads and for one neither knows the iTunes password and has to ask me to approve any and all downloads. For my youngest I have restrictions set so the App Store does not even exist.

Now that's what I call being responsible. :)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I for one feels the parents should be the one paying the price for this, and not Apple, but oh well.

How does Apple know what apps are bought by kids though?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not entirely unsympathetic to some of these people who didn't realize there was a problem until they were hit with $1000+ bills. Still, I'm perplexed by people storing their payment info without knowing how it can be used.

That's your money dude. Keep that locked down.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Or just turn on the setting to require a password for every purchase rather than only needing it once and getting a 15 minute window where you don't need to enter it again.

Which is what I do to keep from mistakenly buying stuff I don't want. Sometimes, especially in games like Hay Day and Candy Crush, pop ups will appear and I'll accidentally tap the purchase without realizing what it is and don't even want it. I'd rather do that than buy stuff I don't want with money I don't have.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner