What is the coolest thing your iDevice let's you do that other people may not know is possible?

jakeblanton

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
The goal of this thread is to discover / share new ideas. I know, always having a camera in your pocket / telling the world what you had for lunch / checking e-mail every 4 minutes is cool...be we all already know this. Tell us something new!
I love being able to plan outdoor photography shots months (or more) in advance using The Photographer's Ephemeris to see where the sun, moon, and shadows will be in the future.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at the following links, please. The first link is the Community Rules & Guidelines:
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

The Second link is the App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines:
App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

The Third link leads to the iOS App & Game section for you to peruse various threads to see how other devs introduce their apps to the iMore Community within the rules & guidelines:
iOS Apps & Games - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

The last link leads to the specific app you referenced in your post above:
[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-photographers-ephemeris/id366195670?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-photographers-ephemeris/id366195670?mt=8&at=10l3Vy&ct=vb_im[/URL]

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think one of the most understated but useful things my device does is works together with my Macbook Pro when it comes to iMessage. I use this function (and tethering) more than anything else, and being able to work on my computer and also directly respond to messages (since most people I know use iMessage), it's a very valuable tool.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
IPhones allow me to buy from the iTunes Store, which is to me my favorite thing about iOS

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Lets me use my iPhone to play and control games on my mac, use my phone as a remote/joystick/game controller.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think one of the most understated but useful things my device does is works together with my Macbook Pro when it comes to iMessage. I use this function (and tethering) more than anything else, and being able to work on my computer and also directly respond to messages (since most people I know use iMessage), it's a very valuable tool.

This. Except I use iMessage to sync on my iPad and iPhone. It's so damn convenient.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

This is one of my faves. I also sync my iPad to iMessage & my notes on all my iDevices.

Another thing I love is Passbook. Whenever I get close to my fave Walgreens or Starbucks my cards appear on my lock screen. Plus I can keep up with my hotel/airline reward numbers. I also haven't lost a boarding pass since I've been using Passbook (boarding pass appears on the screen a few hours before the flight).

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have to agree the ease of "sync" between devices carries a lot of weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say enough about how iCloud has made sharing photos for me much easier. You take a photo , just upload to your group and you are done with it. How easy can that get?

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna say home sharing. I especially like how you can stream your Mac library right on your iPhone/Pad. So as long as I'm at home and my Mac is on I can listen to gigabytes of music and watch heaps of films on my iDevices over the air without actually wasting storage. It's pretty neat but I'm sure not many people use it.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Too many things to write! Better apps, ease of use, iCloud integration, Game Center, iLife, iWork, iCloud photo stream, ( I photo stream more than Instagram) multi finger gestures... The list goes on and on!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro