Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By JustMe'D
  • 3 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 3 Post By Speedygi
  • 3 Post By iOS Gravity
  • 1 Post By 93Aero
  • 2 Post By kataran
  • 1 Post By wbeard385
  • 1 Post By Speedygi
  • 1 Post By Karenkcoulter
  • 1 Post By phonejunky
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default What is the coolest thing your iDevice let's you do that other people may not know is possible?

The goal of this thread is to discover / share new ideas. I know, always having a camera in your pocket / telling the world what you had for lunch / checking e-mail every 4 minutes is cool...be we all already know this. Tell us something new!
    I love being able to plan outdoor photography shots months (or more) in advance using The Photographer's Ephemeris to see where the sun, moon, and shadows will be in the future.

Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: What is the coolest thing your iDevice let's you do that other people may not know is possible?

Take a look at the following links, please. The first link is the Community Rules & Guidelines:

The Second link is the App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines:

The Third link leads to the iOS App & Game section for you to peruse various threads to see how other devs introduce their apps to the iMore Community within the rules & guidelines:
    iOS Apps & Games - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

The last link leads to the specific app you referenced in your post above:
    taz323 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    15,555 Global Posts

Default Re: What is the coolest thing your iDevice let's you do that other people may not know is possible?

Welcome to iMore...ENJOY
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,217 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I think one of the most understated but useful things my device does is works together with my Macbook Pro when it comes to iMessage. I use this function (and tethering) more than anything else, and being able to work on my computer and also directly respond to messages (since most people I know use iMessage), it's a very valuable tool.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

Global Posts
    4,114 Global Posts
    iOS Version

IPhones allow me to buy from the iTunes Store, which is to me my favorite thing about iOS

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Wrote pretty much every single word while listening to iRon Maiden
    Thanked by:
    33497746 (01-19-2014)

Global Posts
    14,596 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Welcome to the iMore community.

The coolest thing it lets me do is have an iPhone. Welcome to iMore.
    T.
    Ambassador @ iMore

"With great power, comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben

Global Posts
    1,813 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Welcome to iMore

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s
    32GB iPhone 5S 32GB iPhone 5 64GB iPad 3 LTE 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,464 Global Posts

Lets me use my iPhone to play and control games on my mac, use my phone as a remote/joystick/game controller.
    the_tech_eater likes this.

Global Posts
    3,506 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I think one of the most understated but useful things my device does is works together with my Macbook Pro when it comes to iMessage. I use this function (and tethering) more than anything else, and being able to work on my computer and also directly respond to messages (since most people I know use iMessage), it's a very valuable tool.
    This. Except I use iMessage to sync on my iPad and iPhone. It's so damn convenient.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb

Using Maps it's like having the world in your hands

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    webOS for life

iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)
    therealwags and Speedygi like this.
    iMore Nanite

Use the airplay feature with an ATV. Definitely one of the coolest things an iDevice can do.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    This is one of my faves. I also sync my iPad to iMessage & my notes on all my iDevices.

Another thing I love is Passbook. Whenever I get close to my fave Walgreens or Starbucks my cards appear on my lock screen. Plus I can keep up with my hotel/airline reward numbers. I also haven't lost a boarding pass since I've been using Passbook (boarding pass appears on the screen a few hours before the flight).
    iMore Newbie

Have to agree the ease of "sync" between devices carries a lot of weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speedygi likes this.

Global Posts
    4,114 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by wbeard385 View Post
    Have to agree the ease of "sync" between devices carries a lot of weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't say enough about how iCloud has made sharing photos for me much easier. You take a photo , just upload to your group and you are done with it. How easy can that get?
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You r most welcome @ iMore | Stay tune to get latest updates & get-give help

Ashish n. d.

Happy to be Part of iMore..
    iMore Intermediate

I'm gonna say home sharing. I especially like how you can stream your Mac library right on your iPhone/Pad. So as long as I'm at home and my Mac is on I can listen to gigabytes of music and watch heaps of films on my iDevices over the air without actually wasting storage. It's pretty neat but I'm sure not many people use it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,772 Global Posts

AirPlay and AirPrint.

Both ridiculously useful, and nothing else that I know of on a mobile comes close.

Global Posts
    5,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by melbsteve View Post
    I'm gonna say home sharing. I especially like how you can stream your Mac library right on your iPhone/Pad. So as long as I'm at home and my Mac is on I can listen to gigabytes of music and watch heaps of films on my iDevices over the air without actually wasting storage. It's pretty neat but I'm sure not many people use it.
    I use home sharing all the time although not necessarily with my iPhone or iPad. I have home sharing set up on a Mac Mini to serve up video, mainly kids' movies and TV, to my AppleTV.
    Speedygi likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

2nd vote for AirPrint. I'm still amazed at how flawlessly this works and I rely on it daily.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,219 Global Posts

Too many things to write! Better apps, ease of use, iCloud integration, Game Center, iLife, iWork, iCloud photo stream, ( I photo stream more than Instagram) multi finger gestures... The list goes on and on!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,186 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 Beta 3

Do not disturb is my favorite feature. I love showing new iPhone users.
    kataran likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

For me, it's shared photostream.

As a teacher, it never fails to amaze me how I am finding new ways to integrate my Apple devices into my teaching.

Recently, my colleagues had just returned from an excursion to the zoo with their pupils, and now had cameras laden with photos that their pupils would go on to use in their powerpoint presentations (project work). Bearing in mind that these are 7-8 year old children, and the laptops they use in the classroom (we have 1-to-1 computing) have no network drives). We can't use flickr or Google+ because they are considered social websites and prohibited in our school. Some teachers in previous years had taken to passing around thumb drives, which was both cumbersome and time-consuming.

I had the teachers consolidate the photos and pass them to me. Copied them to iPhoto on my macbook, uploaded them to photostream as a public website, and shared the link with them. They posted the link on their class blogs, and the pupils could just visit the blog, click on the link, and download the photos they want. It was practically *****-proof, and really made the whole process of disseminating pictures seamless.