Will Apple EVER bring back the matte black MacBooks?

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
Obviously they'll not be'MacBooks' in the old school sense but man, I would kill to have a black MacBook Pro these days. Yes, I'm aware I could go to Colorware or something like that and get it done but that's like twice the cost of said MacBook. I really think Apple should bring back the black, who's with me?
DRdyiG3.png

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If it's plastic I'm sorry but I would pass it up. If it was anodized aluminum I would be all over it like a fat kid on cake. Would they ever do it? Like Justin Biever says "never say never". It might not be now but in the future when the price is feasible the could. They have been anodizing the iPhone and learning from the process and also doing the process in large quantities. I think they should do it because like the past when they were fighting against the beige box this would be different. A black plastic laptop is nothing special I can get it from any other manufacturer. But find me one that does black anodized aluminum and that is a totally different case. The problem is also going to be longevity because they don't want them being returned everytime there is a nick and scratch.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It wouldn't happen, but it would be nice. I don't miss the plastic body's whatsoever; but a black painted aluminum would be interesting. It would probably increase the price though.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
For a ridiculously expensive price, there are companies out there that will paint your Macbook Pro whatever color you like (including black)...I've humored the thought before, but to be honest, I grew quite fond of the contrasting silver aluminum chassis with the black screen/keyboard buttons...and this was coming from a 2007 regular Macbook that was matte black (thinking that I would never like any other computer more than that one because I loved the color).

I don't think they'll ever offer it again like that, but i DO think you'll get variations in colors to the aluminum on the MBP's and Air's eventually (like they have on the iPhone now). If you release a dark hue MBP like the space grey iPhone, I'll eat that up like dinner!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For a ridiculously expensive price, there are companies out there that will paint your Macbook Pro whatever color you like (including black)...I've humored the thought before, but to be honest, I grew quite fond of the contrasting silver aluminum chassis with the black screen/keyboard buttons...and this was coming from a 2007 regular Macbook that was matte black (thinking that I would never like any other computer more than that one because I loved the color).

I don't think they'll ever offer it again like that, but i DO think you'll get variations in colors to the aluminum on the MBP's and Air's eventually (like they have on the iPhone now). If you release a dark hue MBP like the space grey iPhone, I'll eat that up like dinner!

The hope is that Apple will produce these en masse in Black , and then we can strike off the "ridiculously expensive price." That's the hope anyways.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro