Siri doesn't recognize some applications.

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
When I ask Siri to launch an app by saying the command "Launch" or "Open", for an example when I say "Launch Twitter" siri responded "it doesn't look like you have an app named Twitter" . But this doesn't happen to all the apps. But for twitter and some other apps it happens. Does anyone have an idea why?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello elvisx77

Try resetting your network settings.Settings> General>reset>reset network setting. Also a possible fix maybe restoring the phone as new. i don't think this is a uncommon problem.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I believe it's in the code of the app whether it allows siri to take protocol of it to launch it. I remember with 6 it could only launch specific apps but I believe 7changed that.

Sent from my Note 3 using iMore Forums mobile app

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you running iOS 7? It launches for me on both my 5 and 5s.

I believe it's in the code of the app whether it allows siri to take protocol of it to launch it. I remember with 6 it could only launch specific apps but I believe 7changed that.

That's why I'm wondering what iOS they're on and if they're jail broken.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Is your device jailbroken? I have this same problem on my jailbroken iPhone5 and iPad mini.

No it's not jailbroken. But surprisingly it started working again after yesterday's twitter update. Update would have refreshed its registry (or whatever you call it) thanks for the reply.

duce3g

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
No it's not jailbroken. But surprisingly it started working again after yesterday's twitter update. Update would have refreshed its registry (or whatever you call it) thanks for the reply.

What iOS are you running?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2