Talk me off the ledge, guys...

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I really do hate technology. Once a phone comes out that I buy, and new exciting one hits. Now. Not even a month in from owning my iphone 5S, the nexus 5 comes out and it's enticing me back to android.

It seems like a great device at a great price, and I'm honestly missing certain things about android like widgets, google now, and better integration with google.

But, I JUST got this darn iphone, and I'm on AT&T next to boot. Now I'm considering selling the iPhone, using the money to buy the nexus 5, and continue to pay off the iPhone on AT&T I would then not even have anymore -_-

Someone talk some sense in me, lol.

Or maybe I'll just get the nexus 5 and see how I like it compared to the 5S before selling anything.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I really do hate technology. Once a phone comes out that I buy, and new exciting one hits. Now. Not even a month in from owning my iphone 5S, the nexus 5 comes out and it's enticing me back to android.

It seems like a great device at a great price, and I'm honestly missing certain things about android like widgets, google now, and better integration with google.

But, I JUST got this darn iphone, and I'm on AT&T next to boot. Now I'm considering selling the iPhone, using the money to buy the nexus 5, and continue to pay off the iPhone on AT&T I would then not even have anymore -_-

Someone talk some sense in me, lol.

Or maybe I'll just get the nexus 5 and see how I like it compared to the 5S before selling anything.

You are the only one that can make that decision. Believe me, I love technology and I go through the same thing. I won't be truly happy until I have a phone from all the mobile platforms. The thing you need to decide is whether or not Android is better for you or iOS. And if you're unsure and can afford it, then I would recommend carrying both for a week or two and then making your decision. I carried a Blackberry, an Android, and an iPhone for a couple weeks to make my decision to stay on iOS.

Blazin' From Mini 2 You

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
You are the only one that can make that decision. Believe me, I love technology and I go through the same thing. I won't be truly happy until I have a phone from all the mobile platforms. The thing you need to decide is whether or not Android is better for you or iOS. And if you're unsure and can afford it, then I would recommend carrying both for a week or two and then making your decision. I carried a Blackberry, an Android, and an iPhone for a couple weeks to make my decision to stay on iOS.

Blazin' From Mini 2 You

The thing that stinks is the iphone and nexus 5 use different SIM card sizes. Meaning I can't have both active at the same time.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Run one wifi only. Granted you won't be able to text or call, but you can still play around with it.

Blazin' From Mini 2 You

True.

Yeah, I'll save up for about a month or so then get the nexus 5 from google play. Hopefully by then google will have supply issues sorted out. I assume the nexus 5 will still be good a month later, lol. But the way tech moves, who knows -_-

I'm terrible at delaying gratification, though.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's a expensive experiment. I would stick with IOS 7 but I'm not a Android fan at all.

You said that there are things about Android you miss. Ask yourself of there is anything you would miss about iOS.

#Naked Tuesday

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It's a expensive experiment. I would stick with IOS 7 but I'm not a Android fan at all.

You said that there are things about Android you miss. Ask yourself of there is anything you would miss about iOS.

#Naked Tuesday

Yeah, on ios I would miss the battery life, quality of certain apps, and ease of use/fewer trouble shootings needed on my part.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, on ios I would miss the battery life, quality of certain apps, and ease of use/fewer trouble shootings needed on my part.

These things are important vs widgets and better google integration. I like google stuff also. Maps, Google Voice,Google plus. Google Drive. I find they work great in iOS.
The Google app for iPad is really slick everything is right there in one app. I used to use the Google Voice iPhone app on my iPad but now it's all in one with other google apps.

#Naked Tuesday

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
These things are important vs widgets and better google integration. I like google stuff also. Maps, Google Voice,Google plus. Google Drive. I find they work great in iOS.
The Google app for iPad is really slick everything is right there in one app. I used to use the Google Voice iPhone app on my iPad but now it's all in one with other google apps.

#Naked Tuesday

I can't seem to get my google mail and google calendar working with ios mail app and calendar. It's quite frustrating. I'm using fantastical on my iphone, but I don't think I can plug my google calendar into fantastical

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You need to set up GMail as an IMAP account for the stock mail app... and then do a caldav set-up for calendar

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My google cal, mail,contacts sync flawlessly in iOS.
When I set up my iPhone I added my gmail account in mail contacts and calendar selected what I wanted to sync as in cal, notes, etc and boom it's all there in the Native app and Fantastical. That's all I did.

#Naked Tuesday

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Step back from the ledge!!! I would stick with the 5S. But I can't make the decision for you. It seems like an expensive proposition. Do whatever works and makes sense for you. Good luck!

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't imagine being without my widgets on my phone. iOS is strictly for play for me lol. Apple would only entice me with a phone if they'd make an iPhablet. I can't go back after getting my first taste of a monster phone. There's tons of phones out there that are cool though, it's nice to have so many choices.

I love my Note 3 but I'd really like a Lumia to play with. I'm tempted by the tablet but really, lol Windows RT

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro