If apple acquired blackberry.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
So I was thinking the other day about how much I miss my physical keyboard but I also love the app selection of iOS and android.

My question to you guys and gals is

If apple made a device with a keyboard like a q10 running iOS would you
A) buy it
B) consider it
C) not even bother.

Just a generic question. I'm using tapatalk so I cannot create a poll so I'll just listen to the comments and see if your guys and gals agree or disagree.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd consider it.

But there's a lot more to it than just the keyboard. If a keyboard was added, screen size would significantly be reduced. That doesn't sit well with me. The phone would have to be really sweet

Sent from my iPhone 5 iMore Forum App

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd consider it.

But there's a lot more to it than just the keyboard. If a keyboard was added, screen size would significantly be reduced. That doesn't sit well with me. The phone would have to be really sweet

Yeah. Smaller screen size for the room for the keyboard. I think it may be a no go for many that want that big screen size. Either that or a flip style keyboard where you flip it over to use it and when scrolling you flip it back for full screen visual.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Apple would make a phone with a keyboard. The physical keyboard is more or less dying because of the snowball Apple, the iPhone, and the multitouch display started.

If Apple acquired Blackberry, or parts of BlackBerry (I can't see Apple wanting all of the company) I would be interested to see aspects of BB OS10 make their way in to iOS... like the OS10 virtual keyboard with its word flicking, BBM as a native cross platform messaging solution, some more of the OS 10 style gestures for navigation, the BB Hub, and the BIS system for true email push as a standard instead of fetch.

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
asking really interested questions about keyboard with idevice its look too different......... i don't think so that apple should do this in future if do then everybody is want some unique as they lovers of apple mania a Prime status in hand that i have a worlds latest mobile of APPLE :cool:

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
asking really interested questions about keyboard with idevice its look too different......... i don't think so that apple should do this in future if do then everybody is want some unique as they lovers of apple mania a Prime status in hand that i have a worlds latest mobile of APPLE :cool:

Huh?

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
So I was thinking the other day about how much I miss my physical keyboard but I also love the app selection of iOS and android.

My question to you guys and gals is

If apple made a device with a keyboard like a q10 running iOS would you
A) buy it
B) consider it
C) not even bother.

Just a generic question. I'm using tapatalk so I cannot create a poll so I'll just listen to the comments and see if your guys and gals agree or disagree.

If they could find a way to minimize the sacrifice of screen size I'd dig it but I don't think iOS is designed to be done any smaller than what it is now, especially when you try an add a keyboard. It would essentially need to be some sort of slider device or Apple would have to come up with a really compelling, new design in order for it to work.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I don't think Apple will be interested to acquire Blackberry. Secondly I would prefer Blackberry do the keyboards rather than Apple, because that would seriously jeopardize Apple's strengths which are media consumption and touch controls.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I was making this thread under the context of if they did, not how they would.

I am jut curious if you would be interested or not :p

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
With ginormous screen sizes becoming the norm, I think a great phone could be made with a physical keyboard and plenty of screen left. I am not a big fan of big screens, but I would consider it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I think you want to say....

This is an interesting question about the keyboard but it would make the idevices look very different. I don' think Apple should do this n the future. If they do then everybody would want Apple to change to some unique feature. Apple has many fans and it is a prime status device that people around the world like to show they have the latest Apple mobile device.

Did I get that somewhat right? I read loads of translated documents so I attempted to change it up a bit. If I got it wrong then please accept my apologies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you'll ever seen a physical keyboard from Apple...but I could see an overtake of Blackberry that would better develop Apple's enterprise side, and bring it in further into the corporate world than it already is.

Honestly though, looking at the big picture, this seems more like something Google would do vs. Apple.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I use to be one of those guys who swore they could never use a phone with a virtual keyboard. Then I got one and found it wasn't as bad as I thought...typing got better over time. If Apple came out with a BlackBerry style keyboard, I would at least consider it, but ultimately I'd probably stick to a full touchscreen device. Typing may be more accurate on a hardware keyboard, but I don't think at this point I would give up the utility of a larger touchscreen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I use to be one of those guys who swore they could never use a phone with a virtual keyboard. Then I got one and found it wasn't as bad as I thought...typing got better over time. If Apple came out with a BlackBerry style keyboard, I would at least consider it, but ultimately I'd probably stick to a full touchscreen device. Typing may be more accurate on a hardware keyboard, but I don't think at this point I would give up the utility of a larger touchscreen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with this, which is why I still carry an iPad....So I have the best of two worlds.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I only know one person who still uses a BB. He's going to Android when his contract is up. Why, you may ask? He said that he can't live without the LED notification light on the front of the phone. You can't make this stuff up.:rotfl:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I only know one person who still uses a BB. He's going to Android when his contract is up. Why, you may ask? He said that he can't live without the LED notification light on the front of the phone. You can't make this stuff up.:rotfl:

Many people like Blackberry, but unfortunately many people feel it's a an outdated technology and that they aren't keeping up. It's a difficult relationship and I can understand that.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Many people like Blackberry, but unfortunately many people feel it's a an outdated technology and that they aren't keeping up. It's a difficult relationship and I can understand that.

I think that you may have missed the point. It's not about the phone, for him, it's all about the LED notification light! If the two tin cans+string has an LED, he's down for it.:rotfl:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh