Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Question iOS 8 .. What do you want in it ?

iOS7 have been a big breakdown..now what with ios8 ?
    If apple don't become smart with their next os ios8, then apple will surely lose all their mobile customers to other competitors.
    Apple have released the ios 7.0.3 update which includes bug fixes and new improvement. I dont know how far that can help the ios7 users.

Anyway let go of it. What further in iOS 8 ?
    Yes, post your wish list below and lets see whose idea are to be entertained .

My wishlist
    ● better battery efficency
    ● better privacy and more security.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    744 Global Posts

Default Re: iOS 8 .. What do you want in it ?

Here we go.....
    Thanked by:
    Alik Malix (10-27-2013), CORYK333 (10-26-2013)
    BLiNK, SeanHRCC and spencerdl like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SouravS View Post
    My wishlist
    Better battery efficiency? The iPhone has a "tiny" 1500mAh battery, and manages to a full day and then some. (some are seeing two and even three days between charges) Compared to competitors from the various Android manufacturers, Windows/Nokia, and Blackberry, they are already the most efficient with what little battery they have.
    erikbock likes this.
    iMore Guru

Quick reply for sure and a live weather icon

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,047 Global Posts
    iOS Version

A back scratcher.

Sent from my Gameboy Color
    jf1450, BTSee and ak_r7 like this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts
    iOS Version

what a wonderful and confused question asking here ............ about ios8 i can't believe that just coming ios7 has not complete a 1 year and assumes about 8 this is not right time

Ashish n. d.

Happy to be Part of iMore..
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    656 Global Posts

If apple don't become smart with their next os ios8, then apple will surely lose all their mobile customers to other competitors.
    What are you taking about??? Your making a lot of assumptions.

Sent from my iPhone 5 iMore Forum App
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

interesting. do you read palms too?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

as far as what I would like to see in iOS 8 ..

not sure. Apple has finally made it to where i do not feel the "need" to jailbreak anymore. for Me, iOS 7 works great! anything else Apple decides to do in future updates is just a bonus

now please excuse me, i need to wipe the kool-aid off of my chin
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,965 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    as far as what I would like to see in iOS 8 ..

not sure. Apple has finally made it to where i do not feel the "need" to jailbreak anymore. for Me, iOS 7 works great! anything else Apple decides to do in future updates is just a bonus

now please excuse me, i need to wipe the kool-aid off of my chin
    I've never jb'en any of my idevices, but I will agree with you, iOS7 is just awesome with all the added functions Apple has put into it (cc being one !) so what ever may come with ios8 will be more icing on the cake

.....oh btw, here's a napkin BLiNK, ya missed a spot riiiiiight there (points to chin) !! lol
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    spencerdl likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,047 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iOS 8 .. What do you want in it ?

If they didn't change ios6 for 10 years they would still have a solid user base. I highly doubt 1os fubar will not place them in bankruptcy

spencerdl likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3.

Apple have released the ios 7.0.3 update which includes bug fixes and new improvement. I dont know how far that can help the ios7 users.

My wishlist
    What in the world are you talking about? Battery is awesome on the iOS 7 on iPad3, iPhone 5, and iPhone 5S that I have in my home. The iPad 3 battery has improved, iPhone 5 is the same (not worse) and iPhone 5s is currently lasts thru a day with moderate use - and I love parallax, all the transitions, frosted glass, LTE - all Turned ON on all devices. SECURITY is the best in iOS, with absolutely no need for anti-malware software, anti-virus software, and task management is a (built-in) setting away, unlike android. On top of that we can manage access to certain times from our phone for each app on a item-by-item basis (not allowing access to all the app wants or don't get the app - the way it is on android). Do you even know what you're talking about?

If you're reading the click-bait articles and base your ASSUMPTIONS of iOS 7 on that, YOU SHOULD KNOW:
    1. Over 200,000,000 people installed iOS 7 the first weekend (probably double that by now) - you will have a number of people reporting problems or mostly objective dislikes (that means it's only them that don't like it - not the entire user base). If any other platform ever gets a quarter of that kind of update numbers there will be hell - android for example only gets about 1-3% updated the first month (world wide), they still have time to repair anything missed before years pass by that it reaches at least 10-20% user base. Heh even today only about a third are updated to jellybean (and not even the current one. The latest update isn't even valid for 85% of android devices out there.

You need to be schooled, brother, I'd start with satisfaction ratings and update/sales volume comparisons vs user issues per platform today. Then come back, and try posting the same junk you posted above with a straight face.

But to answer your post, yeah no OS is perfect, and iOS 7 also needed a couple of quick fixes, fortunately ALL apple users got three updates within the first month. Android users wait months, if not years, for and update or root/jail-brake just to get the damn update. When it comes to perfection, though, Apple will relentlessly tweak certain aspects to reach near perfection, instead of throwing every half baked gimmick at the consumer attention hoping something will stick.

I'm sorry, but I feel the OP is here to troll... You should post this on android, bb, and windows forum - you will find "the" answers you're looking for - they all seem to know more about iOS, iPhones, and Apple than the users that actually use them since the inception.
    Don't mess with a man who has more faith than he has choices. -me
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

My wishlist
    Didn´t we say Apple would lose their customers since iOS4? They will still have me, I have not plans to invest in another ecosystem, and I am sure there are few others out there like me. I have Nexus 7 that keeps in the loop with Android but my house is Apple, TV, computer, phone, other tablets etc.
    That said, I am sure there would be nice improvements with iOS 8. I hope actionable notifications and a bigger iPhone is in the pipeline.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

The OP has one post and it's this. Enough said.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,127 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6 B4

Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    A back scratcher.

I would like that, and maybe a taser. You know for those people that bug you
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

this is where you need to go

let this thread die, please
    KamranMackey likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3.

To Original Poster, your attempt to discredit iOS7 as something not worth and make everyone think that "we should wait for the next one" idea FAILED....
    iMore Nanite

Here's 10 features on my wishlist:

1. An innovative implementation of actionable notifications.

2. Multiple profiles including Guest Accounts for iPads (or maybe even iPhones), with optional parental control in case of kids who use the iPads.The option to switch accounts can be given at the multitasking screen, where some space is being wasted anyway.

3. A 360-degree sphere panorama mode, and pics clicked this way can be used to set amazing parallax wallpapers that behave as if you are looking around the place.

4. Maps can start by becoming as good as (or maybe better than)Google in terms of data accuracy.In Apple maps,currently you can only pick either of walking or driving directions. Apple should allow for driving, walking and transit directions to be combined to provide good alternative routes(i.e just like Google).Also,the acquisition of locationary should mean data will get better, and info about places will be more accurate and helpful.

5.Indoor Mapping in Maps will be awesome.Also, there is a rumoured feature about iphones using M7 motion chip and maps together for applications like remembering and directing you to your car's parking place,etc. which would be cool.

6. Apple needs to incorporate yelp or tripadviser reviews in their maps, suggesting good options for dining, etc. making for better exploration experiences.

7. What would be really good is that Siri, in addition to being your voice assistant, can add functionality similar to Google Now, arranging all the info you need from all apps in a contextual,smart and consistent way which comes up at the right time at the right place. This can be within the Siri app itself. They can also add Siri Eyes(like Google Goggles).

8. Notifications from the app can go to the Today view.The service can be demonstrated as follows--you have called some employees for a meeting. But the Siri app uses info from the weather and maps apps to assess and find out that it would take you a longer time to reach due to bad weather conditions and traffic. So siri will send you a notification asking you to send a message to the employees.Boom!
    This would need a much smarter AI which Apple is surely capable of delivering.

9. The next iPhone could finally do NFC, which would mean a wallet feature can be added to passbook, that will show up in the aforementioned Siri functionality. Since Touch ID is there, security should not be much of an issue.

10.Finally there are the little things. Do Not Disturb is great but they can power it up more to include separate scheduling for weekends and weekdays, or for any particular day(s).They could add an option for a swype-like keyboard AND one for Adaptive and intuitive predictive text like in BBZ10. or one to have the best of both the worlds.

Following the colourful and dynamic iOS 7, more personalisation options can be added in settings to set the colour of the keyboards, notification center, control center,etc. to black,white,red,blue or anything you like because some people do complain about lack of personalisation options in iOS.
    Please remember this is just a wishlist...
    Last edited by compli-critic; 10-28-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,951 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

What about it has been a "big breakdown"? (whatever that means...)

I bet if Apple released a cucumber next year instead of a new device, they wouldn't lose all their mobile customers to other competitors.

Reading your post, there seems to be a lot you don't know.

....?

Are these the caliber of posts the higher ups want to exist for the sake of discussion? LOL...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Thanked by:
    Alik Malix (10-28-2013), taz323 (10-28-2013)
    Alik Malix likes this.

lol negative.. just general users asking questions...
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

SeanHRCC likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by compli-critic View Post
    Here's 10 features on my wishlist:

1. An innovative implementation of actionable notifications. It is actionable - click on the notif. and it will take you into a fully usable app..

2. Multiple profiles including Guest Accounts for iPads (or maybe even iPhones), with optional parental control in case of kids who use the iPads.The option to switch accounts can be given at the multitasking screen, where some space is being wasted anyway. Yes, maybe for iPads, but I got kid controls and they work nice... I rather not have the Guest Control if it means I have to log into it to access all, everytime...

3. A 360-degree sphere panorama mode, and pics clicked this way can be used to set amazing parallax wallpapers that behave as if you are looking around the place. Isn't there an app for that - otherwise dont clutter up my camera app - I dont want to see it turn into Touch Wiz version.

4. Maps can start by becoming as good as (or maybe better than)Google in terms of data accuracy.In Apple maps,currently you can only pick either of walking or driving directions. Apple should allow for driving, walking and transit directions to be combined to provide good alternative routes(i.e just like Google).Also,the acquisition of locationary should mean data will get better, and info about places will be more accurate and helpful. Do your research beyond click-bait articles: Apple Maps work incredibly well, there were some mistakes - THERE WERE GOOGLE MAPS MISTAKES (even horrible ones), I DONT WANT TRANSIT - NEVER TAKEN A FREAKEN BUS - there are apps - I rather not have it cluttered up with extra buttons - you want Google Maps - DOWNLOAD GOOGLE MAPS, that's the beauty of iOS - you get the best of both worlds. Apple Maps ALWAYS provides at least 2 alternative routes with best route in solid blue. I had google maps - they are not that accurate and they had 10 years lead. Unbelievable.

5.Indoor Mapping in Maps will be awesome.Also, there is a rumoured feature about iphones using M7 motion chip and maps together for applications like remembering and directing you to your car's parking place,etc. which would be cool. Hi, that's already in the works.

6. Apple needs to incorporate yelp or tripadviser reviews in their maps, suggesting good options for dining, etc. making for better exploration experiences. Yelp! has been "incorporated (lol)" into Apple Maps for years, it is also integrated with Siri - which means it's only a button push away from even a locked screen.

7. What would be really good is that Siri, in addition to being your voice assistant, can add functionality similar to Google Now, arranging all the info you need from all apps in a contextual,smart and consistent way which comes up at the right time at the right place. This can be within the Siri app itself. They can also add Siri Eyes(like Google Goggles). 1. There's no Siri App - unlike google now it's integrated throughout everything that's iOS (welcome to the future), Google Now has not been accurate in "guessing" my task & needs - it works for people who have trips that are exactly the same everyday! Half of population does NOT. 2. I prefer to ask Siri for every task and need, example "siri, call Big 5 (it's a sporting store)" she replies "I dont have that in contacts, want me to search it for you" "YES" "I see 2 Big 5 Stores near your, which do you want to call" "Main Street" (calling). Has not failed. "Siri, set up a meeting with John, Sara, and Michael tomorow at 3" "Meeting is set" "send text to John, Sara, and Michael: meeting at 3 at Denny's" "here's your message, want me to send it" "read it back to me" "meeting at 3:00pm on September 26, at Denny's.... do you want me to send it?" "Yes" sending. <--- That's usefull!

8. Notifications from the app can go to the Today view.The service can be demonstrated as follows--you have called some employees for a meeting. But the Siri app uses info from the weather and maps apps to assess and find out that it would take you a longer time to reach due to bad weather conditions and traffic. So siri will send you a notification asking you to send a message to the employees.Boom!
    This would need a much smarter AI which Apple is surely capable of delivering. Now you're working for Siri, not the other-way around. Besides, Apple just acquired "CUE", which is what the App was used for, I think. I would much rather prefer 3rd-party app implementation than all this built in - because unlike Android users, I dont want to have to manage all these functions - but have it when I ask for it, not being interrupted consistently.

9. The next iPhone could finally do NFC, which would mean a wallet feature can be added to passbook, that will show up in the aforementioned Siri functionality. Since Touch ID is there, security should not be much of an issue. NFC is a dead horse to majority of population. The only reason anyone wants NFC implemented BY APPLE is so that it becomes relevant and useful to those that already bough a phone due to spec sheet check list. Also NFC securty will not be improved by ability to log into the phone with ease, the security problem lies within the close proximity data readers that can intercept while you're making a payment...

10.Finally there are the little things. Do Not Disturb is great but they can power it up more to include separate scheduling for weekends and weekdays, or for any particular day(s).They could add an option for a swype-like keyboard AND one for Adaptive and intuitive predictive text like in BBZ10. or one to have the best of both the worlds. iOS keyboard is and has been adaptive, predictive, and now corrects my grammar, I'm getting more into the habit of having Siri do all that typing either for text, or post on facebook, tweeter, I wrote a blog just using voice typing - eliminating keyboard altogether. once you learn how to use capitalization, and punctuation with voice-typing it's all downhill from there. If you have an iphone - try it. I've used iOS keyboard against a diehard android swype user - just as fast, just as accurate, and on top of that, i can program in certain abbreviations that turn into words or sentences, or paragraphs just by typing in 2 letters. There's just so much to an iOS keyboard that you dont see - it all works intuitively behind the curtain, but all you see is a keyboard - and that's the point, you gotta trust it.

Following the colourful and dynamic iOS 7, more personalisation options can be added in settings to set the colour of the keyboards, notification center, control center,etc. to black,white,red,blue or anything you like because some people do complain about lack of personalisation options in iOS.
    Please remember this is just a wishlist.. See if I was to personalize my phone, it would probably have the cleanest UI, with modern, maybe frosted glass overlay, without the clutter, and all bits and parts to look similar as if built by ONE designer - so it should look consistent and easy to recognize, kinda like iOS7, oh wait...
    Sorry, I was a bit aggressive on some points - I'm just tired of Android fans coming here, posing as if they're iOS fans and hope to find validation for their iOS dislike, by outlining some of the old Android gimmi features, most of which Apple already superseded with its own implementation. And for the millionth time: DO NOT CLUTTER UP MY PHONE!!! Most of this is already implemented in a different (better way) for the rest, Get an Android for all this stuff - most of which is useless or cluttered...
    iMore Nanite

Some jailbreak programs are now in the ios7: panorama photos! Sbsettings and is missing the IPROTECT!! Please apple use IPROTECT ON IOS 8 pleaaase!!!!
    iMore Beginner

The ability to turn off all open apps in one gesture or button in multitasking.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

The ability to customize the lock screen more. Have the ability to remove the clock or at least put it somewhere small up top or in a corner so it's not so intrusive. I find it kills the look of your wallpaper if you have a nice one
    iMore Nanite

More freedom, default jail break.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast