• Android (Google)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am actually using my Surface RT as my main computer. I love Windows 8 and I don't seeing myself giving it up anytime soon. Since I am a student, RT is perfect for me right now. I don't really need to be able to download desktop programs or play any serious games. I do have a laptop but I passed that on to a family member when I got the Surface. One thing that people need to remember is that RT is a tablet OS competing with iOS and Android while regular Windows 8 is the full desktop OS which obviously competes with Mac OS X. With that being said, I stand by my words when I say that the Surface (or pretty much and RT tablet) is the only tablet that you can use nearly to the extent that you would use your computer due to the capabilities of RT over the mobile competition. I couldn't see myself (or anyone, really) using an iPad or an Android tablet in the place of a laptop. You can with a Surface. Those are my thoughts at least.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Linux for work? I have never heard of a workplace running Linux as a desktop os, servers yes but not workstations. What version of Linux and did Lenovo ship it like that or did your work wipe Windows and go with Linux?

I've got someone in the UK that I know who says that a lot of small businesses that are starting out use Ubuntu due to the cost.

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
iBook G4 ( don't hate )
Dell 6000 ( gets the job done )
MacBook Pro
iMac
Couple of BlackBerry Playbooks

Soon to have a Surface tablet, version undecided.

Can't figure out how to add pictures.

Last edited:

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Surface Pro 2 Running Windows 8.1, Desktop running Windows 7

For work i've got a Macbook Pro i7 Haswell Retina Display...overkill of a device, VMware running Windows 7

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
How do you guys like the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2?

Havent used a Surface 2, but i LOVE my Surface Pro 2. Mind you it isn't for everyone, especially with the smaller screen size. However its incredibly fast, the touchscreen for x86 programs is excellent (i got mine to work on music creator/recording and its perfect) and as a tablet works very nicely, although sometimes the 16:9 can be an odd ball (depending what you're using for)...battery life is also excellent. The combination of touchscreen, full Windows 8.1 OS and tablet format is exceptional in my books.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How do you guys like the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2?

I don't have the Surface 2 but I do have the original Surface (RT). I think it's a great device. I talked a lot about it in a post earlier so if you are interested you can check that out. But as I said in that post, the Surface 2 runs RT which is technically a mobile OS. I personally love it. If you want a tablet that focuses on productivity, there is no better than the Surface. I'm not saying that it isn't for fun because it is. I use it for both. I am just saying that there isn't an infinite amount of apps like iOS. While the top apps definitely are there, the ecosystem is growing. I'm sure you can find what you need.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I use a 2010 MacBook Pro for personal use. Haven't had any major problems with it.
And a 2012 MacBook Air for professional use that has been repaired twice, due to SSD and logic board problems.

Before having that MacBook Air, I used a desktop with Ubuntu, then Linux Mint and finally Gentoo. You can call me crazy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Looks like at this moment, it's a dead heat on the polls for the Mac and Windows. :)

Go Windows ;) *he says on an Apple forum* hahah. But I've owned a couple Macs and have nothing against them. We once had an iMac which was the last gen that they were white plastic and I had a black MacBook. It was the last gen they made straight up MacBooks along with the MacBook Pros. While the iMac was great, my MacBook always had problems. Since then I have been all Windows but last year I NEARLY bought my friend's MacBook Air. The MacBook Air is my one forbidden love.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77