Tired of Apple Maps Trollers?

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I had never had a problem using Apple maps since the initial update on my phone. I understand that someone in Australia ended up in some desert, but I've grown really tired of this as I live in Central CA, and no one that I know had problems with Apple Maps (I did have little problems with Google Maps though). The only issue I found with Apple Maps wasn't the mapping software, it's when you have streets like Green Oaks Dr. and if you type in Greenoaks Dr. (as one word) sometimes Apple would not find it, OR will find it but the same street name in another town/city (google maps does that too sometimes) - at this point u use common sense and do not drive to a town half across the USA. I'm a contractor - so I use maps DAILY (sometimes several times a day).

Yes I'm tired of Apple Maps Trolls - I have a family member who lives in the same area and constantly complaining about Apple maps (he uses Android Phone) go figure....

I found this while browsing the net: Enjoy!
6 Memorable Google Maps Mishaps - CIO.com

Last edited:

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Its works fine here in Mexico. But I use Google Maps for a strange reason. I am not Mexican and though I speak perfect Spanish I don't like my tech interfaces in Spanish. Siri speaks in English when the phone is in English and since it pronounces the street names they sound horrible with an English speaking Voice. Google doesn't say the street names it just says turn left and right and gives distances.

Tapatalking on the N7....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Excellent!....:)...Apple Maps is the only may app installed on my device at this time, and until it fails me, I'll continue to use it.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I know when I use Apple Maps, it redirects me in circles and takes me to places unknown. It's a pretty scary program, that's been my experience.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I know when I use Apple Maps, it redirects me in circles and takes me to places unknown. It's a pretty scary program, that's been my experience.
I would love to see a screenshot of Point A to Point B mapped into a circle instead of one or two or three different options for that route. SHOW ME!!!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Apple maps has only given me a problem once. I stay in Australia but it's all good. Computers can't always be 100 correct. I'm not gonna hate over a mistake.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Only issue is sometimes it apple doesn't have poi and google maps does but as far as typing a address apple maps has been solid

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have no problem with it

I'm a Native app guy I always try to use the installed apps as much as possible unless it's not useable

Build in apps are always more fluent and I like the way you just tap an address out of contacts and how great it works in the background

Sent from my iPhone 5

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
That's cool. I liked maps more in iOS 6 than I do in iOS 7. The flat UI on the maps doesn't look that great IMO. And the maps app still appears to be using the old Siri voice for some reason.

Google Maps 2.0 is amazing. Not even a contest for me. No amount of POI's can compete with Google Search.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I live in Northern California, and Apple maps has had a few issues for me. Navigating to the wrong location is most common. Unable to find locations that have been there since the 1980's is another problem I've encountered.

Overall, I like Apple maps. But these few issues have conditioned me to use Google Maps by default.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Apple maps is beautiful and works great...if it can find what I'm looking for. I would say it only finds my search result about 50% of the time. The POI database needs to be greatly expanded.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i use Apple Maps Mon-Fri and have had POI issues but by the time i am in the area i have figured it out anyways

Google Maps is a nice safety net

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
What is ze trolls you were mentioning? I have none of those here....

I was talking about overall anti-apple rants that literally mean that Apple Maps are USELESS. I've always used Apple Maps (I prefer default apps for integration and co-productivity between apps), and if there are mistakes its typically the same ones as Google Maps, where Siri or Google Now cannot understand what I said due to wind noise or people talking close in background.... But given the speed of which map software is progressing - WOW, both credit to Google and Apple. Apple is still in it's infancy (just out of beta) and it's the same quality as Google Maps were 5-8 years after launch. Plus the UI is so much better, the way it zooms in before you approach a turn, the ability to pan sideways, the location of buttons and information presented -- SO, SO, much better on Apple Maps (iOS7) Google can learn from Apple in that aspect.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner